• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Harm Reduction cyclobenzaprine dosage

xannyhead

Bluelighter
what is a safe dosage of cyclobenzaprine (mild pain)? and what would be a safe recreational dosage for that drug? I have the 5mg pills and have no clue dosage wise whatsoever. Is 20mg safe? Will 30mg get me a buzz?

I've never really been able to "catch a buzz" off any muscle relaxer by itself. Cyclobenzaprine did help me sleep during WDs off of opiates though, generally around the 30-50mg range.

When I got out of the hospital for some broken bones I was prescribed cyclobenzaprine, gabapentin, and oxycodone. Mixed with these other 2 it did seem to enhance the pain relieving qualities of gaba and oxy though.

By itself it's only good for making yourself drowsy IMO.

There is no buzz from cyclobenzaprine. It does make me quite tired and comfortable physically... it can really help to sleep during drug withdrawal or insomnia. It's not going to get you high though.

UP due to another doubt
what is a safe dosage exactly? Am I safe going over the 30mg range? I have the 10mg pills and that seemed only to give me a mild pain relief. Took 20mg and felt like twice that dosage would be enough to give me a satisfying relief, but dont know if 40mg is a safe dose. I have no tolerance to that substance but took xanax for a couple months in the past (recently).
1. Do I have some type of cross-tolerance to cyclobenzaprine due to my benzo tolerance?
2. 40mg cyclobenzaprine - safe dosage?

UP due to another doubt - posted a thread on BDD but still confused about a couple of things.

what is a safe dosage (cyclobenzaprine) exactly? Am I safe going over the 30mg range? I have the 10mg pills and that seemed only to give me a mild pain relief. Took 20mg and felt as if 2x that dosage would be enough to give me a satisfying relief, but I dont know if 40mg is a safe dose. I have no significant previous cyclobenzaprine usage.

I have no tolerance to that substance but took xanax for a couple months in the past (recently). And also lyrica, which also acts on GABA receptors.

1. Do I have some type of cross-tolerance to cyclobenzaprine due to my relatively high benzo tolerance?
2. 40mg cyclobenzaprine - safe dosage?
3. Is there any other OTC painkiller stronger than cyclobenzaprine?

cyclobenzaprine is not a pain reliever per se. it is a muscular-skeletal relaxer. think of it as a valium without the "euphoria" and addiction potential... if used a coupla weeks daily it does nothing at all.
i take 5-10mg when needed (maybe twice a month). I do not think upping dosages with this will lead to anything but tired.
it's great for my spasms in lower back. i dare say that i prefer this substance to the benzo diazepam (valium) as it is more effective in my case.
take care and be safe, yeah?
one

Benzos and cyclobenzaprine have no shared mechanism of action or cross-tolerance. I am not sure about the max safe dosage. Probably 40mg is fine but I'd probably try 30mg first to be safe. In any case you're just going to get increasingly sleepy.

What sort of pain do you have?
really bad trapezius pain and chest/diaphragm pain when i breath (been hospitalized for a week for both viral and bacterial pnemonia + pulmonary sepsis + H3N2 + ground glass opacities in the lung. So ive had to quit vaping cold turkey and on top of that Im having a hard time falling asleep due to the pain. I have been taken around 3mg xanax for the last couple of days but dont want to keep doin xans cuz i dont want to increase my tolerance. So im looking for another option, and the one I have rn is cyclobenzaprine. Codein does nothing to me pain wise; not coughing anymore. Im feeling fine, few days left of antibiotics.

Btw, 10mg of cyclobenzaprine did nothing for me. I just need something to give me some pain relief and get me sleepy. Im avoiding benzos since ive abused them in the past and still have a relatively medium tolerance (impressive considering the amount of xans ive done).

thank you for the replies

Benzos and cyclobenzaprine have no shared mechanism of action or cross-tolerance. I am not sure about the max safe dosage. Probably 40mg is fine but I'd probably try 30mg first to be safe. In any case you're just going to get increasingly sleepy.
yea thats kinda what im looking for. pain relief and sleep. im avoiding xanax cuz ive abused it too much in the past and still managed to keep a reasonable tolerance (i.e 2mg works for my anxiety, one would think that based on my past usage my tolerance would be much higher).
So, since i want to avoid benzos and have no access to opioids (codein doesnt work for me and i had a tramadol script but that also doesnt help much), I thought id give cyclobenzaprine a try, but the 5-15mg dose range wasnt working for me.
ill try to go w 30mgs.
thx