• 🇬🇧󠁿 🇸🇪 🇿🇦 🇮🇪 🇬🇭 🇩🇪 🇪🇺
    European & African
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • EADD Moderators: axe battler | Pissed_and_messed

CWE. How many times/how much water do you put through per pack?

Would an ultra fine mesh filter, say the most ultra fine of these be better than coffeee filter papers for catching unwanted paracetomol/ibuprofen/other fillers and allow the codeine through?

I have my doubts about coffee filters, sometimes they seem to 'break' to some extent and allow big gushes through all at once, so something sturdier would prob be better.

In addition to following the usual steps including freezing temeperatures.

I have poppy pod tea making down to a fine art, and use a tea strainer for the first strain, and then one of the fine meshes for the second, which ends up creating a drink with zero sediments or 'bits' of floaters.

I have a long long way to go with CWEs, I'm not confident in the process or my abilities tbh. But if needed I can put the effort in to read and practice some of the excellent posts in this thread.

Last edited:
I think it possibly poses a danger if the fine powder is inhaled. So in the factory it may pose a risk. Throwing it into water is just about the best way to ensure that their will be no fine powders. It's utterly insoluble in water so you just end up with a thick sludge which is discarded.

The slight misty stuff you see is just talc - No titanium dioxide ends up in solution, not even as a suspension.
Just for completeness sake, will share what else this guy was posting on this as I found more of his comments. I’m not chemically literate enough to endorse or deny these claims, and swear this is no swim type situation haha

So he had posted he was aware it wasn’t water soluble but was worried about microparticles that wouldn’t sit at the bottom with the sludge or get filtered. He said he noticed white speckles in his shit or smth, and then started indirectly heating his product(over 80 degrees Celsius to eliminated the titanium oxide and under 120 degrees C so not to damage the codeine).

I assume that solved his problem cause he was commenting all over about his method, and also warning people if they crush their pills to wear proper breathing masks.

A quick google search brought up this for me: https://www.efsa.europa.eu/en/news/...onger-considered-safe-when-used-food-additive

“A critical element in reaching this conclusion is that we could not exclude genotoxicity concerns after consumption of titanium dioxide particles. After oral ingestion, the absorption of titanium dioxide particles is low, however they can accumulate in the body”.

The assessment was conducted following a rigorous methodology and taking into consideration many thousands of studies that have become available since EFSA’s previous assessment in 2016, including new scientific evidence and data on nanoparticles.”

I think it's VITAL to underline the fact that anyone consuming paracetamol for ANY reason should take a dl-methionine supplement.

But it's also vital to double-underline the fact that dl-methionine (and very likely acetylcysteine although I don't know as much about that one) is not some magic 'get out of jail' card. Neither are without their own side-effects and so taking an appropriate dose is important.

But people make mistakes.

Put simply. If one can obtain pure codeine then that's the safest option although fatal codeine overdoses are a matter of record. So knowing how much codeine is being consumed is important. Highlighting the risks associated with codeine use is important. Codeine is also dependence-forming and addictive and therefore those issues should be highlighted. Codeine also reduces gut motility far more than other opioids and their are very real dangers associated with toxic megacolon and similar conditions. Codeine also stops the bodies cough reflex and so their have been cases of people developing severe respiratory illnesses whose symptoms were masked by their codeine use.

I guess in short, I think people often underestimate the dangers of codeine.

As for co-codamol, removing the bulk of the paracetamol reduces the risk of paracetamol poisoning but does not eliminate that risk. The CWE is a HR tool and nothing more.

The figures from the paper I cited suggest the following solubility values for paracetamol in dH2O.
7.21 g/kg (0 °C)
8.21 g/kg (5 °C)
9.44 g/kg (10 °C)
10.97 g/kg (15 °C)
12.78 g/kg (20 °C)

But the curve does continue down to -5 °C.

BUT what is important to remember is that solubility can vastly alter due to pH. Paracetamol is a weak base (pKa 9.5) and calculations suggest (so not proof) that it's solubility is more or less constant between a pH of 1.2-8..0. But people should be aware that their are water soluble formulations of paracetamol and codeine such as Solpadeine Plus and Solpadeine Max. These products include a mild base such as sodium carbonate and co-solvents which vastly increases the solubility of paracetamol.

Although I've never come across them, apparently their are patents for a number of salts and esters of paracetamol all of which are intended to increase the water solubility.

So I think it's important for any instructions to include weighing the recovered materials. Since one BLer has written a methodology that does just this is of great value.

My last word would be to suggest that people should presume a worst case scenario and to not exceed a mass that if it turned out to be entirely paracetamol would not exceed that safe daily dose.

Would an ultra fine mesh filter, say the most ultra fine of these be better than coffeee filter papers for catching unwanted paracetomol/ibuprofen/other fillers and allow the codeine through?
Probably be alright but I definitely stick to a filter paper for this. Coffee filter can tear or sometimes come with problems where the seam is. So always check their integrity while you wet it before puttin your precious liquid in. Maybe you just a better brand of filter. You could also try wine makers filters would be fine if you order online from a homebrew store.

No reason not to CWE. I've written it all down for you but you can mod it. Feel free to PM me if you want some assistance.

Poppy tea sounds good. Although I just fire it once through the tea strainer. Usually only get a few tiny seeds and dust at bottom. MMMMmm I\m thirsty....

After reading all this I'm starting to think megadosing packs of washed N+ is perhaps a bad idea if the titanium dioxide builds up in the body...in future maybe I'll filter them more carefully.

I used to do a CWE daily with 64 tablets at a time, 12.8/200mg ibuprofen/codeine tablets - Boot's own brand being preferred.

I'd use maybe 400ml (precisely measured by guesstimation) of tap water at whatever temperature the tap water was on that day (Also Tapered and BadBoy in awe at my lab skills right now). Even this slacker method filtered sufficient ibuprofen that no lasting internal damage was caused, something which frankly surprised me considering the years of daily dosing of god-only-knows how much ibuprofen.

Evidently it appears things might be different had pharmacies carried a 12.8/500 paracetamol/codeine formulation... 🤮

Aye good old boots brand.

I was in Glasgow Central a few weeks ago. Went into Boots. Queue at the pharmacy. Two people on front of me buy Boots own brand brufen n codeine. Gets to me... Aye, eh, get a pack o brufen n codeine ? Aye own brand...

This cuntry, man...

Last edited: