• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Curious about Meth Comedown..

TheDrugsDontWork96

Greenlighter
Sometimes while i am using meth/coming off my bottom lower front teeth happen to feel really loose and grainy, almost brittle. I prefer to snort it rather than smoke it. I take care of my teeth and usually after I have slept it goes away. I was wondering if there are any others who have experienced this sort of delusion/tactile oral hallucination?. I was also wondering if there was a way to maybe make this less or a paranoia of mine.?

I've not experienced this, but everyone's got their own little ticks while high i guess.
I snort as well and my paranoia is the drip getting all over my teeth.
Try chewing gum.

An ex of mine used to think the same thing practically. She would swear that her teeth would be loose and felt like they were going to fall out whenever she did meth.
I cant explain the mechanism behind this effect but I think it may be due to the sensory overload caused by meth. People experience sensory input overloads in many ways; some might hear small sounds as extremely loud, others will have too much visual stimuli and have to close their eyes because colors are too vivid or bright, and some will experience tactile sensations that are amplified by meth such as this teeth thing.

When on meth your mouth is going to become aittle dry which can cause teeth to accumulate plaque and dry your teeth as well. This gritty feeling is is amplified by meth's ability to heighten sensory input and people might get notice the dry mouth more than others, some (like my ex) even to the point that they think their teeth are loose and will fall out. This is purely speculative but it is my $.02

Mr. Deeds

I have had the same experience with regards to meth consumption and these strange symptoms. However, I believe these symptoms are due to the lack of salvia production when intoxicated on meth. Lack of salvia and liquids as a whole will surely cause your teeth to feel weak and grainy. A good remedy is to drink plenty of water so you can keep your mouth moisturized.

Hope this helps, Meth is just a terrible drug lol

Sometimes while i am using meth/coming off my bottom lower front teeth happen to feel really loose and grainy, almost brittle. I prefer to snort it rather than smoke it. I take care of my teeth and usually after I have slept it goes away. I was wondering if there are any others who have experienced this sort of delusion/tactile oral hallucination?. I was also wondering if there was a way to maybe make this less or a paranoia of mine.?

Yes try chewing gum or you can be like my crazy high school x girl friend who sucked on a child pacifier when coming off drugs. She said it helped. Probably did but she's still crazy for doing it. I told her to chew gum too. But sometimes you make things worse by trying to make them better and you should leave them be. But still gums great. I have dentures now so no more gum for me
I miss it.

Yes try chewing gum or you can be like my crazy high school x girl friend who sucked on a child pacifier when coming off drugs. She said it helped. Probably did but she's still crazy for doing it. I told her to chew gum too. But sometimes you make things worse by trying to make them better and you should leave them be. But still gums great. I have dentures now so no more gum for me
I miss it.
@ControlDaddy uses a dog’s rubber chew toy. He swears by it.