Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Curb Your Enthusiasm

lol, ya I got the day off and decided to watch them all online...

I love how Loretta is always just standing there when Larry pisses off a black person...lol. "My heart! My heart!!!!!"

^ I agree that it was a great episode. I never really think that their finales (I think that this may have been their third one, since they have decided to continue with another season a few times now) are any better than any other episode. I am not saying anything negative about their finales though, just that they don't put much extra into them (which is fine because they don't need to).

Greg was hilarious, and his performance made a lot of people that are not regular viewers of the show appreciate it more.

I always wonder why/how some people will agree to be portrayed as such a-holes in the show though, like Ricky Gervais and Ted Danson for example. It is too funny though, and Curb never gets old to me, and I will continue to watch the same re-runs over and over.

This show is "hiLARRYous" lol I think it def proves he had a lot to do with Seinfeld's success even tho he didn't get enough credit imo. I'm glad he did this show to prove that alone. Every episode is comedic genius.

CurbYourEnthusiasm-LarryDavidStare.gif

I never gave this show a chance
But after reading a little bit of this thread I think I should

Ive never properly gave Seinfield a go but Curb seems superior. So awkward but so brilliant!

Do it. If u like seinfeld you'll like this show.

Comparing Curb to Seinfeld is like comparing The Wire to Sons of Anarchy. I mean, Seinfeld (SoA) is pretty good and all, but Curb (The Wire) is one of the greatest of all time comedy shows.

That said, Seinfeld deserves more points for originality than SoA. It was just the best comparison I could come up with at the moment. Don't nobody go preaching to me about Seinfeld breaking ground, cause I already know about it.

Comparing Curb to Seinfeld is like comparing The Wire to Sons of Anarchy. I mean, Seinfeld (SoA) is pretty good and all, but Curb (The Wire) is one of the greatest of all time comedy shows.

That said, Seinfeld deserves more points for originality than SoA. It was just the best comparison I could come up with at the moment. Don't nobody go preaching to me about Seinfeld breaking ground, cause I already know about it.

Curb is Seinfeld rated R. Seinfeld is number 1 sitcom all time. Curb is an extension. SOA wasn't the best analogy but thaz just my opinion. I won't preach lol

Season 8 'pinion

Curb's worst is better than best of most crap on TV... HAVING SAID THAT =D I was a bit disappointed with season 8. It seems to be going slightly downhill.

For me there is a shift in the quality of Curb's newest material. It seems the new material lacks subtlety, and is getting increasingly more obvious and predictable. The older seasons had a very subtle (and often dry) humour that would build slowly then catch me off-guard until I burst with laughter. Although the humour is now more accessible and therefore elicits wider appeal, for me it lacks the subtle charm that was so magical before.

At any rate it's still a completely superior show.

oh how i wish we would be getting a new season. i fucking love this programme so much. it kicks the shit out of any other 'sitcom'. i might just buy the complete dvd boxset. but cmon people how good is this shit! i watched larry david doing stand up and found it really poor, but what he manages to do with this is brilliant.

show your appreciation mofos

Tvs best by far, Ill never tire of LD.

I liked season 8 as much as the rest an im 99% sure its nothing to do with already being a fan, like if id watched Curb starting with season 8 and work my way back I still let Larry be my first

Someone did a 'chat & cut' on line in front of me last week. I was going to call them out on it but they were talking to a friend of mine when they executed it.

tumblr_mcl59nSazc1rj0rxoo1_500.gif

And from one of my favorite episodes... because I hate ordering my coffee

tumblr_mcd01hWWcv1qe5mooo1_500.png

Last edited: