• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Covidien sharps container in the hospital

cwhiley

Greenlighter
I'm not sure where else to put this a trick your question as it doesn't relate to any of the forum topics so I'm posting it here in hopes of just getting some traffic and perhaps an answer to a question.

I'll be blunt and to the point. I had a dream I was in the hospital. In my dream in my room there was a sharps container disposal unit hanging on my room. This was a bad dream as I was in the hospital for a long time. There was lots of medication and I felt awful and was in a lot of pain in this nightmare. I'm pretty sure in my dream i took the door off the top to gain access. It is a flimsy plastic affair that operates similarly to a snack machine retrieval area in that by opening it, the area below is closed off. However it looked extremely easy to pop two round ended door hinges which would allowed me to gain access. I've had multiple recurring nightmares just like this and in one of them it broke and I got in big trouble. And another one of them the next night I was able to open it and put it right back together again.

Anyone else had a dream like this? It is very odd.

I fell asleep again. The nightmare continued. The door is easily removed and re-installed. My hand can reach all the way in. I'd have to fish out everything to find that damn vial. It makes me very nervous and tense in the dream. I feel as though I am being watched. This is a real nightmare.

Well this nightmare is recurring. As it turns out it's very frustrating as dreams often are. I ended up in this dream fishing out loads of saline flush syringes but I think the heavy glass vial of liquid Dilaudid worked its way to the very bottom. In my dream I decided it was not worth the risk of tearing my hand up as the opening is very small and possibly infecting myself with something nasty as there are sharps in there and I don't know if there are some from a patient that came in before me, as in a patient I am unaware of in the dream. This was why it was so tense and scary of a nightmare.

Failure but probably the best outcome for such a foolish idea in my dream. As in life my dreams and real life are full of foolish ventures.