• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Could this save a life?

Urb68

Bluelighter
****Disclaimer***

I am not planning on attempting this.

I want to ask this because , I have never heard or read anyone ask it before....

I have saved 3 lives of OD victims. 2 with narcan and one with Mouth to Mouth for about probably 40 minutes when narcan wasn't available.
The third ended up dying of an OD about 2 weeks later. She loved to take Xanax and shoot heroin.

Anyway , my question is..... If someone is ODed and turning blue.... No Narcan available.... Could you save their life by either injecting them with Suboxone or putting a strip... Tablet in their mouth?

I made the grave error of injecting a Subutex one time and found out just what PW was. I went straight into it in probably about 60 seconds. I am thinking that if you injected someone with Bupe , they would pull out of it very quickly.

Any thoughts on this would be greatly appreciated.

There are a bunch of the junkie pharmacist that think they know everything and will tell you that a Subutex won't put you in PW because it doesn't have the "Blocker" in it. I can say nodefinitively that they don't know what the fuck they are talking about.

I would think it would, but it's just theory. I'm just going off the logic off it like yourself.

Reactions: CFC
Actually I read a report about this working but afair the person thought himself that he'd an OD and took the suboxone so the odds are still out as I have survived at least two occasions where I passed out without warning (real OD I guess) and others where I freaked and thought that I'll be going to die (panic attack, usually less life threatening).

But the point that bupe precipitates WD by displacing opiates makes this use possible. Even more so with suboxone, the naloxone in there is nasty and it works also nasally. IV for sure. As long as there's still a bloodstream moving the chems into the brain they will improve the chances.

Reactions: CFC