• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Could doing dxm and lexapro together cause brain damage?

john10960

Greenlighter
I know there are many warnings about serotonin syndrome, but swim has done this combo a couple times (prescribed 50mg lexapro) without any serotonin syndrome. SWIM uses dxm very very infrequently, no more than 1-2x a month if even that.

Besides serotonin syndrome, would there be any risk for permanent brain damage?

Jeez swim really farkin hopes not :(((

I don't know about brain damage, but I'm also on Lexapro, 40mgs, (why are you on 50mgs? 40 is the highest effective dose) and taking DXM on ANY SSRI is a REALLY REALLY Dangerous and bad idea.

I SERIOUSLY urge you NOT to fuck around and do it cause it could kill you from serotonin syndrome.

I mean why is a little high worth risking your life over??

Just cause you've been ok taking a small amount before doesn't mean you will be fine to do that every time.

Also, we don't use "SWIM" here.

We all know it's you anyway lol.

I took dxm with ssris one issue is the dosing chart will be way off because the enzyme that converts dxm to dxo is cyp 2d6 p450 and ssris inhibit that imcreasimg the auc (conc. Level in blood*duration ) by 1 to > 5 fold depending on the one. So you could take a first plateau and end up in second third or forth plus you end u p wot h way more dxo so it could cause weird pcp like effects

It can certainly cause Serotonin Syndrome, which can then lead to brain damage, so the answer to your question is a firm yes. Not to mention the fact that you will probably experience a lot of discomfort from increased serotonin activity even if you don't end up in an emergency situation. There's really no need to combine these two drugs.

It can certainly cause Serotonin Syndrome, which can then lead to brain damage, so the answer to your question is a firm yes. Not to mention the fact that you will probably experience a lot of discomfort from increased serotonin activity even if you don't end up in an emergency situation. There's really no need to combine these two drugs.

So serotonin syndrome causes permanent brain damage?