• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Cop admits to soliciting a bribe at hookah bar

Bluelight Crew
http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/cop-admits-soliciting-bribe-hookah-bar/nZ2NH/

He was supposed to protect and serve. Instead, a DeKalb County police officer has resigned in disgrace after admitting he solicited a bribe and became violent after he noticed someone shooting video of the transaction.

Officer Brandon Brown had just finished working a part-time job at Meskerem, an Ethiopian restaurant and hookah bar on Clairmont Rd., early in the morning on August 5th when an employee told him someone there was smoking pot. Brown confronted the suspect.

“I’m telling you,” Brown said to the suspect, “this is like a $500 ticket.”

“We can work something out,” the suspect replied.

Retelling the story to DeKalb County Police Internal Affairs investigators, Brown admitted he solicited a bribe.

“Fifty dollars, just give me fifty. And I walked away,” the officer said.

But when the suspect tried to leave the restaurant without paying him, Brown followed him into the parking lot and demanded his money. The suspect said he only had $40.00 and tried to hand the cash to Brown. That’s when the officer noticed a woman pointing her cell phone camera at him.

“The (suspect) went out before us,” Katie Brown told an Internal Affairs investigator. “He got in his car. The officer ran out and said, ‘You need to pay me! I want my $50.’ I couldn’t believe it. So my friend was like, ‘Katie, record this.’ By the time I turned on my camera (the officer) was talking about bread or whatever.”

That’s when Brown and the suspect noticed the camera phone.

“The light on my phone came on. He ran up to me and slapped the phone out of my hand,” Water told police.
Brown can be seen in the video rushing over to the woman and knocking the phone to the ground. That sparked a confrontation between the Brown, Water and several of her friends. The next day, one of the women filed a complaint with the department’s Center Precinct.

“What I’ve done was wrong,” he admitted to Internal Affairs.

He cited car expenses, child support and low pay as reasons he solicited the bribe.

Brown has since resigned his badge. Police said his case was forwarded to the district attorney on August 6 for possible prosecution.

http://www.wsbradio.com/news/news/cop-admits-soliciting-bribe-hookah-bar/nZ2NH/

Fucking thug is right. Douche should be prosecuted. Corrupt cops need to be held to a higher standard.

But unfortunately he's going to get this as a slap on the wrist.
Hopefully he only gets to work as a security guard for the rest of his life and has people step all over him the way he tried to step all over the person recording his crime.
Slapping the phone out of her hand? What the fuck was he thinking?

What the fuck was he thinking?

He was thinking that he was a cop. That there would be no consequences. That the force would have his back. That the public is too scared to challenge him. Im glad he was wrong.

Paying off cops is a nuisance but if you can get away with greasing some palms instead of going to jail or getting a ticket that costs alot more, I'm not going to complain. I'd much rather meet the corrupt cop who takes my cash, than the honest cop who takes me to jail.

Still of course this behaviour should not be accepted and he should be prosecuted as any other criminal.

I think cops make for good criminals imo they know what works, what doesn't etc plus they're surrounded by criminality constantly; that must have an effect on them.

Paying off cops is a nuisance but if you can get away with greasing some palms instead of going to jail or getting a ticket that costs alot more, I'm not going to complain. I'd much rather meet the corrupt cop who takes my cash, than the honest cop who takes me to jail.

Still of course this behaviour should not be accepted and he should be prosecuted as any other criminal.

I agree. I've paid a couple cops in my life and it's a lot less hassle than going to jail, court with a lawyer. I didn't give a fuck. Almost everybody can be bought so it was no big deal. He should at least be charged with assault for slapping that girls phone out of her hands.