• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

cool and funky comedown CD

k+d - the sessions. unbelieveable
groove armada - vertigo and back to mine (various tracks)
herbie hancock and wayne shorter - 1+1
Miles Davis - Kind of blue
Haydn - 40th symphony
Stravinsky - Symphony of Psalms (if you have a hella bad comedown, just to make you more depressed
wink.gif

Coleman Hawkings - Today and Now (especially "love them from apache" This brings a tear to my eye everytime i listen to it. He plays it with such passion, it simply is the most emotive song ever played)
John Coltrane - Meditation
Beatles - Yellow Submarine (why not??)
Dave Seaman - Back to mine
various artists - Reberth of Cool 6
Pink Floyd - Dark side of the moon
there are heaps more, just come round to my place after a big night
wink.gif
The music will keep you entertained for days
smile.gif

------------------
"So we beat on, boats against the current, borne back ceaselessly into the past" - F. Scott Fitzgerald

ooooooh yeah ghost - luv those two
i also love listening to anything by massive attack - especially massive attack vs mad professor (no protection)
hey mikey - if you like peace orchestra try tosca (suzuki) - one half is richard dorfmeister - very nice, very chilled sounds
my other fav chill cd's include:
lost in space phase 00:03 (THE smoothest, most mellow double dnb cd you will ever find)
thievery corporation - the mirror conspiracy (this is just gorgeous, really beautiful music)
william orbit - pieces in a modern style (i actually like listening to a range of classical stuff when either coming down or coming up!)
a guy called gerald - essence (the second track is the ULTIMATE bulbing track
smile.gif
)
kid loco - jesus life for children under 12 inches (not everyone's cup o' tea but nice when bent!)
i also love anything by delerium - especially karma and semantic spaces
nice - that's just NICE
really
bk!
ps has anyone seen/heard from rockee? i miss my horsey gal
frown.gif

------------------
the girl with kaleidoscope eyes

Cafe Del Mars are all pretty nice; Paul Van Dyk can be OK if you're still buzzing a bit.

Seconds the horse on miles davis
smile.gif
oh and i just downloaded this nice little track by him and coltrane, you might want to check it out ,but you've probably already got it
smile.gif

hybrid!!! come on piglet you'll second me on this one- beachcoma and a number of other very very cruisy tracks, in fact the whole cd.
definitly groove amada, blue skies has to be one of the mose relaxing tracks ever,
Love entroducing thanks to mr daq
wink.gif
stem/long stem's my fave but they are all great.
Now i know alot of you wont agree with me or wont know what im talking aboout with these ones but- Severed heads-gigapuss, weird early 90's stuff but some real nice stuff on there. and ultravox-rare1- a few nice synthy type late 70's early 80's tracks on there, lots of crap but a few good tracks
oh and the greatest ever - Bob marly, especially on a sunny sunday comedown
smile.gif

------------------
"its ok to be jealous, not everyone can be me"

i second the thievery corporation - the mirror conspiracy, and wicked beat sound system - inna styles
smile.gif

------------------
"Sacred cows make the best hamburger."

Jeff Buckley.
What more can I say??????????
Have to admit though I do like Bob Marley.
I do like that first Air cd though. very relaxing.
------------------
Like the sands in a hour glass, so are the days of our lives.

vertigo by groove armada is my pick for the sunday morning chill, as long as you skip i see u baby.
"house music.....in my bones"
oh yeah and morcheeba, they rock the comedown too
------------------
uberzone drop the tone

Cypress Hill and :
1)a Big Spliff - MMMM
2)a Pre-Passout Piper (or 12.....hundred
smile.gif
)
3)a Barrage of Buckets
wink.gif

(Maybe not the third one!)
------------------
Its all about the Electronic Acupuncture - Darth Maul Style

yep cafe del mar volumen siete rocks !!!
also dont mind a bit of korn on my last few comedowns ,dire straights brothers in arms , and nuttin like a bit of eminem ,fuck that guy makes me laugh ,mushroom girl ,drug ballad
smile.gif
(() (() (() (() (() (()

Personally i Love Hiphop or turntablism for driving on the come down. Usually on the way home from the club i bang on a chilled out Mix Tape (too many different ones to name).
One of My personal faves has to be DJ Selekt - Entry Level. Selekt is a perth hiphop DJ who moved to melb, he was 3rd (i *think*) in the Vic DMCs, if any Melb people have the chance to check him out, do so. That boy has ske-illlllllzzzzz.
Occassionally my taste in comedown Cds is a little weird, ed rush n opticals "wormhole" Cd used to be a fave of mine.. *hee hee*
smile.gif

Peace
rc1n

ok, this thread was what i was looking for ..
had to tell you all about this nice CD release i found on the net - so probably aint around here in Aus yet, but keep your eyes open, peeps ! for this :
C6E182D8-7B09-4878-9BE0-84DA36F4A751T.jpg

Kruder and Dorfmeister - G Stone Book
Austria's Kruder & Dorfmeister present the G-Stone book. K&D are proud to present a very special 300 page book that features a lot of unseen and private photo-material and dedicated G-stoned artwork. Plus, of course you get a cd that is full of the sounds that Kruder & Dorfmeister and friends create. Deep, so very deep, sublime soundscapes to take the listener to the source of German experimental music.
from here
cheers,
Mikey
(continually on the search for cool and funky comedown listens, even for when im not actually coming down)
------------------
-Slide Beneath The City-

mikey, G-Stone is already here. Been here for a while. Its an EP tho. Maybe this one is different.
Would love to see the book tho!
------------------
All hail queen Britney

ULTIMATE COMEDOWN COMBO:
B(if)tek 2020 on the stereo
+
old Thunderbirds Videos on mute
It's fucking amazing how complimentary these two are... it's like the B(if)grrls wrote their music as a soundtrack to these episodes... although, given the state of most post-roll mornings, B(if)tek'd prolly be pretty complimentary with "Today on Saturday"...
smile.gif

buckdee
also... have to agree with haste on "Wish You Were Here"... Have a Cigar's an absolute cracker...
[This message has been edited by Buck d'LuxX (edited 15 January 2001).]

Kruder & Dorfmeister Sessions
Tosca - Suziki is nice and so it Ocean Beat on the same album
Kid Loco - really soothing
Talvin Singh - its latest album HA is a pretty chill out CD.
The Best of Platipus for those that are still buzzing a little and wanna have a smooth "landing" kekekeke
smile.gif

------------------
To live is to change, and to be perfect is to have changed often.
- John Henry Newman

Mikey & Horse(y
smile.gif
)
The g-stone book is here, I bought it a couple of weeks ago (65 bucks from discurio). CD is awesome, and the book is something else. Over 300 pages of pics and stuff - not only are they geniuses, K&D are total loonies, you should see some of the photos
smile.gif

Some of my personal favs:
.Back to mine - faithless, especially track 5 Mushrooms - Marshall Jefferson, all about a shroom trip
smile.gif

.hi-fidelity lounge vol1&2
.Future Lounge 3 (on Stereo Deluxe)
.Electric Skychurch, knowoneness/together
.anything by David Sylvian
And of course if you live in Melbourne spend your comedown all day Sunday at Revolver with some groves and thai food!
cheers,
Grant.

The best comedown CD I have ever invested in....
The Late night Mix Volumes 1 & 2
THE BEST!!!!!!!