• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Constant state of withdrawal from Suboxone?

R3hab

Greenlighter
Hey guys,

First I'd like to say I really enjoy being a member of this forum and I've learned a great deal by reading different posts throughout the years.
But today I come asking for help. I think I may have done something really stupid (as usual) and I need advice.:?:?:?

Long story short I've been on Suboxone for about 3 years give or take. I've tapered down to 2mg daily and things have been going well overall.
Recently I came across some Hydromorph Contin 12mg and I've been taking them everyday with my subs for about two weeks now.

I find they make me feel good, increased energy and alot of good benefits.
But now I am finding it hard to stop taking them without feeling a constant boredom and depression..:|

How long will it take for my opiate receptors "downgrade" and adjust to the 2mg of subs?
I don't wanna feel like this anymore and I want to continue to do well I had a slip up and that's why I come here in search of help.

Thank you

Even though you've tapered down to a low dose of buprenorphine (2mg/day), I'm surprised you were able to feel the hydromorphone since you probably should have a healthy buprenorphine blockade going.

I'd recommend waiting a little while (to make sure you don't trigger precipitated withdrawal, although I doubt it's a big risk) and then go for a larger dose of buprenorphine, then rapidly taper back down. That should make you feel better. I'd go 8 or 6mg day 1, then 4mg day 2, then back to 2mg.

You should be able to taper even further down on the bupe and jump off, if that's something you are open to doing.

I'm pretty sure that would work but I could be wrong. Bupe has an excellent anti-depressant profile also, so you should see the depression go away if you do this.