• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Consecutive months on cocaine?

imnoscholarologist

Greenlighter
Sorry if this has been asked but I?m still navigating the site as a newbie. Without getting into too much detail, someone I?m very close with has been snorting almost daily for about 5 months now. Has maybe 4-5 days off in that time but hasn?t gone more than 24 hours without it. The most they ever buy is a gram at a time (I introduced them to the dealer I get my herbz from :-/) and lately it only takes them a few days to finish it. I myself had a pill problem back in the day but coke has never been my drug of choice so all I can go off of are these forums. When they started having consistent nose issues I suggested a neti-pot, and they did daily for like 3 months which I think ended up making them more clogged because of the prolonged use. Incidentally they?ve admitted that they don?t get so clogged if they don?t rinse before they go to bed.

They also have an issue with a sore throat and sinus pain and pressure so bad that it makes their eyes water incessantly. Is there a way to remedy this or is it just part of the game? I?ve read that a lot of it has to do with cuts and such but lately they claim it doesn?t matter if it?s decent or not. After the first initial lines of the day which numb them up, everything else is just painful. So they snort more to numb the pain and it has become a vicious cycle.

I want to help them but I also don?t want to judge them or tell them they should or quit. They know the risks and they are an adult. This person was there for me when I was popping norcos for two years and also there for me throughout my struggle to quit. I?ve been clean for 6 years now and for any of us that have been addicted to anything, we empathize with other people in that situation.

Lately it the throat issues have been bugging them. I?ve suggested tea with honey and ginger and cough drops and salt water gargle but apparently nothing really works. Any suggestions?

Yeah man sounds like what happens when you snort a bunch of cut ass coke for a while. sadly I dont have any advice :/

NSFW:
IMG_20180215_07132801-737x1024.jpg

Show your friend this, because this is a very real possibility if they keep going like they have been.

Yeah cocaine can be harsh on the nose and throat and sometime the additives that are used as a cutting agent cam be just as harsh, sometimes more.

Reducing use is the best course of action. Give "their" body time to heal.

Otherwise sniffing a little water in between lines to flush some of the irritants out will help.

You can try purifying your coke or try a different roa.

Switching to rectal ROA is the best course of action if your friend doesn't want to stop.

I personally would have completely destroyed my nose had I used all the substances I have nasally instead of rectally.