• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

confidencial?

you guys are all REALLY young aren't ya? and REALLY scared of your parents. and should get out in the real world some more...
smile.gif

OK I'm about to close this thread. Pity it is something that concerns a lot of kids, but its just a flame session now...
To sum up... If your parents will literally kill you if they find out you take drugs (unlikely really) then you're safer to keep things from your GP. If they won't, you're safer giving your GP all relevant details, because they could save your life in some instances, and will enable them to properly help you in many others.
GPs breaching confidence does most certainly occur. Yep it's happened to me. Difference between my case and some others is that I didn't decide that all GPs are evil deceitful bastards that just want to tell people your intimate details.
wink.gif
BUT!... it's not a common occurrence, which means its not likely to happen to you, and when it does happen they do largely have YOUR best interests at heart. Use your judgement as to whether your GP has that sort of relationship with your ma and pa.
May I suggest that if your GP is likely to communicate with your parents and you fear that some information may be divulged that you want to keep from them... go to another fucking doctor!! If you can't be completely honest with your GP, I implore you to change GPs, because there are many occaisions when it's important, and asking questions on bluelight that you can't ask your GP (out of fear) is not the best idea. The site is designed to get quality information to anyone that asks or looks for it... but a lot of information that is supplied is unreferenced, unqualified and often way off the mark. There aren't many bluelighters that have done a PhD in Medicine unfortunately.