• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Cones Before Work. Every Day At 7am

A good friend of mine smokes a few grams a day. He smokes one right before he goes to bed everyday and also one when he wakes up. Guess he has high tolerance

True that when I was a stoner and in hospitality. It made time go faster, I had fun and I got more work done. They loved it until I was fired for supplying everyone there with other things

the one thing I'm worried about though is the paranoia of people Knowing! and people looking you in the eyes!
Like when you're baked and you're at work its hard to not think people are looking at you thinking wow hes high or looking at ur eyes going look at those pupils!
haha

I've never been paranoid of people thinking I'm high. Not even back in middle school. How can they prove it? What the hell can they do about it even if they could prove it?

I will put Visine in when I know my eyes are bloodshot and I'm not "supposed" to be high. But I don't even bother sometimes. Nobody ever says anything about it. One time my roommate asked me if I felt alright, I was looking a little under the weather, because I was retardedly high.

At the moment I work overnight, 5days a week. I'm rarely high before work because generally you need to keep alert, however when I come home (start at midnight - home at 630am ish.) i'm quick to have a few cones, eat some food then go to sleep. When I wake up, (3pm or so) I'll have another cone or two and that'll be me done for the day.
Do you think that I have a problem? I find it much harder to sleep during the day without a morning cone and I also find it eases me out after a long nights work. My mum, who is very understanding of it all, wants me to take a break.. Which I'm almost sure I could do.. I just know it'll result in shitty sleep and me being cranky.
Should I take a break?

At the moment I work overnight, 5days a week. I'm rarely high before work because generally you need to keep alert, however when I come home (start at midnight - home at 630am ish.) i'm quick to have a few cones, eat some food then go to sleep. When I wake up, (3pm or so) I'll have another cone or two and that'll be me done for the day.
Do you think that I have a problem? I find it much harder to sleep during the day without a morning cone and I also find it eases me out after a long nights work. My mum, who is very understanding of it all, wants me to take a break.. Which I'm almost sure I could do.. I just know it'll result in shitty sleep and me being cranky.
Any suggestions on tackling that issue?

Back when I was younger, 18-28, I used to sometimes smoke before work, depending on how my stomach felt. I have IBS and marijuana was a life saver for me. I worked for a marketing company and then moved into the insurance field. If I knew it was going to be a slow day, I'd toke before work. I'd break out the Visine and splash some water on my face and head to work.

Obviously, I was not nearly as productive as I was when I was straight.

It's only a problem if it effects your work performance, and for me, it did...ONLY on busy days. If it wasn't busy, it didn't matter how baked I was, I'd be fine.

At the time of being stoned all the time, I was also an alcoholic. However, I NEVER drank at work or before work. That was always an after work thing.

Marijuana would certainly help with the hangover effect.

Once I found out that 2-3 of my bosses smoked, I wouldn't give a shit if they knew I was high because I always felt I could hold it against THEM. Not that I would do that, bit it kind of gave me the upper hand on them. I was just a peon employee and they were Directors and managers.

In conclusion, if you've got to smoke in the morning because it makes you feel better physically, I have no problem with tha (as a boss). But, sometimes, I would smoke, just to smoke (maybe because it was Friday and was looking forward to the weekend etc).

What do I know. I'm just some blue-lighter expressing my 3 cents. =-)

I think you should worry more about yourself ... your mates been doing this for ages ?

I used to have a small cone in the mornings when going to work fixing computers ... :)

I dont sit there and lung 3 or 4 cones ..

its just to take the edge off whilst at work and not having any ..

I had plenty of chances to go out for lunch with the lads and smoke .. but I went to the pub next door and downed one or two schooners ..

If your a good friend which sounds like you are cause you are concerned then just ask him if theres been a time when hes had a smoke at 7am and gone to work and made too many mistakes , if so then he should avoid ... if not then keep going ..

I smoke EVERYDAY .... I have had many problems getting good night sleep unless im very very stoned and or drunk ... otherwise wake up in middle of night and punch a cone ...

2am ... 4am ... 5am ... I will get up and have one ...

I was told by a friend its because of my stupid abuse of mdxx ....

I have not popped in 6 months and still have problems ...

so I not sure about that ... anyone else had any problems with sleeping even months after taking pills ?

Trouble sleeping is VERY common in people who've never even touched MDxx. I wouldn't place the blame anywhere.

You might want to try taking 2mg melatonin at the same time every night. It isn't a sedative, so don't wait for it to 'kick in' before going to bed. After a few days of repetition you'll start to fall asleep at that time easily.

Yeah hospitality, it's wicked for being high.

Meant to smile and be happy lots and weed helps with that a lot.
So does speed.

Hmmm. I've smoked before tafe and it really didn't effect my studies at all. I found I payed full atention and remembered everything I learned for the test the next day.

But then again I am only an occasional smoker. Very occasional

Should I take a break?

shift work is the root of your problem. I had a friend who did this for many many years, and well, one day it came to a head. One day you'll do a double shift, you'll toke up big time, you end up driving (perhaps its the silly season), perhaps a few drinks later and bam your wrapped half-way around a telegraph pole and you find a big ass piece of metal sticking out of your thigh...

the moral of the story was that he should of stopped the shift work.

on a scientific angle shift workers are more likely to get cancer. they suffer negative outcomes in nearly every possible measurement (compared to general population etc)

The tolerance thing builds pretty rapidly though. Like if I have a bucket after having nothing for 2 weeks I'm fucked. But then if I've been smoking once a week then have say 2 or 3 days on the buckets over the weekend, by the end of it I can function pretty normally straight after each one.

Don't think I could ever do what your housemate does though haha, I tried going to TAFE once when I'd eating some butter the night before and I couldn't do it :p

true that
i usually smoke cones every Friday or Saturday
but on school holidays id smoke daily
and i remember doing my first wake and bake after smoking 10 days straight ( was my record then ) and functioning fine during the whole day

Any suggestions on tackling that issue?

shift work sucks
i'd say if you really wanted to give it a go you'd have to give yourself time and practice.
You would have to get past the 1st few weeks or months with out cones to help you sleep to really let your body adjust then see how you feel?
Who doesnt love getting ripped but if you are relying on it to do things your body should already do doesnt it take the fun out??
It must be hard though with those hours but if you get past the first bit with the shitty sleep and crankyness it might be ok
any way best of luck with what ever happens

i take my hat off to you though ive tried going to work stoned and i always make a douche out of myself if you can do it every day and still function thats pretty good
i'm just one of those people when they are stoned its friggen obvious couldnt hide it at all

got me thinking though its always the people you least expect that are high as a kite

I think you should worry more about yourself ... your mates been doing this for ages ?

I used to have a small cone in the mornings when going to work fixing computers ... :)

I dont sit there and lung 3 or 4 cones ..

its just to take the edge off whilst at work and not having any ..

I had plenty of chances to go out for lunch with the lads and smoke .. but I went to the pub next door and downed one or two schooners ..

If your a good friend which sounds like you are cause you are concerned then just ask him if theres been a time when hes had a smoke at 7am and gone to work and made too many mistakes , if so then he should avoid ... if not then keep going ..

I smoke EVERYDAY .... I have had many problems getting good night sleep unless im very very stoned and or drunk ... otherwise wake up in middle of night and punch a cone ...

2am ... 4am ... 5am ... I will get up and have one ...

I was told by a friend its because of my stupid abuse of mdxx ....

I have not popped in 6 months and still have problems ...

so I not sure about that ... anyone else had any problems with sleeping even months after taking pills ?

a mate of mine is in a similar situation and he has started taking Stilnox and its working for him maybe worth a look
http://www.betterhealth.vic.gov.au/bhcv2/bhcmed.nsf/pages/swcstiln/$file/swcstiln.pdf

doesn't sound weird to me at all. I did that for 20 years + - 3 cones b4 my shower and an hour or so to 'stone up'. If I didn't take the tobacco out of my mull, i'd still be doing it.

I guess the only worry if he will get phscosis from too much THC... but that is only some people, so and as long as he isn't too intraverted cause all he wants to do is get baked, it isn't a problem..

When ur permastoned, you don't really get "baked". Or at least I didn't. It's just a habit that you do, whenever you get the chance. You feel "stoned" (which is just slightly slower than normal) for about 15 minutes.

One thing Ive noticed about weed is it can affect people very differently, I can't do anything if I smoke even a tiny amount but for others with a tolerance they can seem to function just fine while being ripped.

^ im the same as you, i cant do much more than watch movies and eat and eat and eat, i don't enjoy being out and about on bud, but have friends who are the same as the op's roomate who can do it no trouble everyday. I Guess it just effects as all differently.