Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Cones Before Work. Every Day At 7am

itsWill

Greenlighter
hey
i have a new room mate and he works 5 days a week at a pretty busy office..
we have been living together for a few months and every morning he wakes up has a shower and has a couple of cones then leaves for work at 7am every day

Is this strange?

I mean ive done my fair share of things but Cones everyday at 7am before working at a busy office?
Or have i just lost touch??
He works long days like he gets home at around 8pm and smokes more

In my experiance i couldnt function if I did it before work due to not being so crisp and sometimes tired??

At his work place no one knows and he goes in stoned every day and is still professional and deals with people!

What do you think?
I dont think I could manage being ripped like that so early every day
maybe on other substances but getting baked in his busy job!

Anyone else out there similar?
Or find this common or fine?!

I dont think badly of him just I know I couldnt go in baked and deal with people like that!

Ive seen labourers doing it and housemates that work in offices doing it. Its their breakfast. Who knows how that indivisual deals with it and gets good work results. Tolerance to weed is insane. Wait 2-3 weeks or a month after no s moko - get grilled(!!!!!!!!!!!!) from half a pipe slowly smoked and lose your mind +2

it can be done, i used to rip a cone before school everyday back in the good ol' days. But yeah, being creative in english and pushing paper in an office are two entirely different things. But yeah, if he can handle it good on him.

I think thats pretty normal. I used to smoke first thing in the morning when I smoked every day, I cut the habit out when I realized if you start smoking in the morning you pretty much gotta smoke all day and it gets costly. I managed to cut back the first smoke of the day to my lunch break and then eventually the way home from work or when I got home.

Most of the people I know are full time smokers and most would smoke in the mornings before doing their day to day activities, these range from being jobless to labourers to call centre workers, the list goes on. Once you start smoking weed all the time it is very easy to function while stoned. I admit a job where I was constantly dealing with people would not be my first choice for a job to be stoned at though.

sounds like he has a problem......

All of the people I knew who smoked in the morning, lunch and tea, were all in denial and running from some pretty awful stuff. Clearly the crazy hours that his working are also telling.

What is it this guy doesn't want to think about, so much so that he'd prefer to be either chronically stoned or constantly working.

I always smoke in the morning because it rids me of the foggy/groggyness and nausea I get from heavily smoking the night before. Its a never ending cycle.

When I was 15 or 16, can't remember now, I use to have a session before I went to work. I use to work in a nice little juice bar in the valley, anyways I use to smoke on breaks and stuff but decided to throw some bud into a smoothie... Let me tell you; "GREATEST STONED EVER" although the flavour of the weed was extremely overpowering which made it difficult to consume the beverage.

Anyways after I quit their I got a warehouse job and went their stoned on the first day and I tell you what, never ever again, it was the hardest work ever. I use to smoke when I got home but after a while I would still be stoned at work in the mornings so I had to stop cold turkey!

I went through a phase for a bit when I was working at a fast food place after highschool, would smoke a cone on the way to work, only thing that made my shift slightly bearable (except for when I turned up after a weekend on the gear and just kept going). It made it harder to deal with customers, but not much.

I always smoke in the morning because it rids me of the foggy/groggyness and nausea I get from heavily smoking the night before. Its a never ending cycle.

You my friend sound like you have a little problem and that you should quit asap or at least seek help to help you wind your way off it totally. Trust me, you will feel so much healthier and switched on when you have stopped your use.....

theres a few things then
he is blocking something out
or has a problem

he rarely seems stoned! but i guess i've only spoken to him while he was stoned

sounds like its a pretty common thing though

i knew people powered on after a big night straight to work but Cones for breakfast every day really got me thinking!

I like to smoke enough cannabinoids right before work that I'm still high at the end of an 8 hour shift. I much prefer smoking upon immediately waking than smoking later at night.

pppfftt leave the stoner alone, you know how boring paper pushing is, and since im guessing he works his arse off, it kinda helps overall, i used to be a major stoner, ( q- 1/2 a week ), worked a zillion shit dead end jobs, worked in my feild blah blah blah, all i can say is, when you are doing 85hrs+ a week, and walking home after midnight on a monday morning from work, its kinda easier, i remember being stoned at worked, and being in the middle of an armed robbery, during closing, all i can say that joint i smoked in the frezzer when the bastards locked us in really helped calm us down, cops where not impressed, but fuck em..

anyway..
if its not affecting his job its fine
if he has no cash issues, its fine
as long as he eats and gets a nice vit D boost every weeekend, then its fine.

once shit goes pear, and he packs his job in, and just bunkers in his bedroom all day smoking, thats when you panic.

Ive known daily smokers, i know one guy in his early 50s that has been smoking everyday since the 80;s he is a bizz owner and turns a nice profit every year, he smoke breakfast, lunch and dinner, and it helps him i guess.

If you are really concerned, have a little talk with him, dont brand him, and try to be supportive, take him out and just hang out, most times stoners just need to be shown, what normal is again..

just my rant

-mofo

^ Good post man. I think a lot of people who smoke heaps of weed can belittle some of the problems it does cause and act almost like weed is good for you which is fucking stupid. But also people over react to daily smoking, I mean I never heard of people doing burgs and ripping of family members so they could score their weekly half ounce, when you are a pot head it can be as easy if not easier to function stoned than sober.

It is not neccessarily that a smoker is running from anything, they often just like getting stoned and have evaluated the pro's and the con's and said fuck it I am going to smoke that much just like a cigarette smoker or someone who downs a 6 pack or so every night decides to do it without neccessarily having underlying issues.

I have been forced off pot for the time being but as soon as I can smoke daily again I will be, currently I use alcohol and/o benzos to sleep because I am an insomniac. Weed is the healthiest thing you could use to put yourself to sleep every night if you are a serious insomniac and bullshit like valerian or melatonin wont cut it imho. I like the feeling you get from weed significantly more when I am dependant on it than I do when I smoke now and am just stoned as fuck of 2 or 3 cones and in my own world.

yeah, from what i have seen the tolerance comment is very true.

i've seen plenty of people rip bongs at all hours, and they just continue their conversations like normal. it appears to regulate a person after prolonged consumption.

One thing Ive noticed about weed is it can affect people very differently, I can't do anything if I smoke even a tiny amount but for others with a tolerance they can seem to function just fine while being ripped.

It's not that abnormal I have a mate that used to have a cone before work and then sneak off to his car for a puff during the day and he was directing cranes.

When i was concreting one of the other blokes used to roll a joint around lunchtime/early after noon and we'd have a puff then go back to work, he could function just fine afterward whereas i would just lose all concentration and motivation, but then i could smash bourbons all day and continue to work fine, so i guess it's just each to their own.

Nothing went down better than having a bourbon and smoking a J waiting for the train at 10pm at Clifton Hill after working since 6.30am.

Although quite a few are, not everyone who smokes daily is running or hiding from something.

I can't do anything if I smoke even a tiny amount but for others with a tolerance they can seem to function just fine while being ripped.

The tolerance thing builds pretty rapidly though. Like if I have a bucket after having nothing for 2 weeks I'm fucked. But then if I've been smoking once a week then have say 2 or 3 days on the buckets over the weekend, by the end of it I can function pretty normally straight after each one.

Don't think I could ever do what your housemate does though haha, I tried going to TAFE once when I'd eating some butter the night before and I couldn't do it :p

My dad had the highest tolerence to weed, he smoked morining, noon and night for 18years, worked as a telephone technician then purchased a farm which he worked 7 days a week stoned everyday!! I actually could never tell if he was stoned or not, it was normal for him like a person smoking cigarettes. He would tell me weed didnt do much for him because of tolerence, he quit 18months ago cold turkey after chronic use..how cool is that, my old man is a legend :))

^^^^ that's pretty awesome

most folks wouldn't bother to try quitting after such a long time

I can function fine at work no matter how high I am, whether the work is professional or food/retail. I still perform better than most of the sober employees.