• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Concerta

ghetto-fab-

Greenlighter
Dudes I use Concerta since 2 years. When i am not using
perpetual munchies I never be full. in three monts I gained 10 kg but I use Im always feeling full
at one Im dont use my behaviors worse than before using Concerta.Do you think i am addicted to Concerta?

Are you sticking to your prescribed dose or taking extra?

Do you take any other medications that coulr possible influence your appetite (eg seroquel)?

Prescribed dose. No but I use Selectra
Well that can give you nausea and diarrhoea but not the munchies. Maybe you are undereating when on Concerta and your body simply compensating when you stop for a while?

That is common for stimulant users and not a sign of addiction. It is a sign you need to be mindful of Concerta side effects while you are taking it. That is, force yourself to eat sensibly even when you are not hungry.

There are several other drugs that can treat your ADHD (I assume that’s your diagnosis?) that you may find more tolerable. I myself tried Concerta first but it made me very jittery so I switched to dexamphetamine.

Since you don’t abuse your script I’d recommend you discuss these side effects and the possibility of trialling an alternative medication.