• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Concerta Recreationally?

BRILLANTE

Greenlighter
SWIM received a few Concerta 36mgs and is wondering what the best way to use them recreationally is. Just take them whole? Cut them in half? What can be expected from taking it? Any euphoria?

SWIM hasn't really experimented with amphetamines before, except with Adderall one time a few months ago.

Well first of all, Concerta is an extended release version of Methylphenidate, it's not an amphetamine. Methylphenidate recreationally basically feels like really shitty cocaine. I believe it is chemically similar to cocaine as well.

But from what I've read, the time release mechanism in Concerta is very hard to break, so all you can really do is swallow it. Don't expect any recreational effects from it. They're more or less worthless in my opinion... You could TRY crush it up as fine as possible and parachute it, but DO NOT snort it. It will just gel up in your nose.

And we don't use "SWIM" or "My pet whatever" on these forums.

With no tolerance to stimulants these do have potential to be enjoyable for you, but Concerta is weird in how it releases the methylphenidate (time-wise) so you MIGHT not like it. Still, take them whole. Take in the morning, because insomnia with Concerta is common do to the long extended-release. Try 36 mg to begin with, that should induce some euphoria, increase productivity and drive, as well as sharpen your psychomotor skills. It is like cocaine in effects and structure. There will be a noticable energy within you no doubt, it feels good IMO.

i am prescribed the 54mg concerta, the time release isnt that hard to break (suck off the outer coating then cut off the half of the pill that has no MPH in it) but MPH is not an amphetamine and isn't really euphoric (by itself) IMO.

Was euphoric to me, but I've never had an amphetamine, so I'm sure the experience is much different.

Yeah its entirely subjective ^ i've never found stimulants euphoric (except chasing MDPV off foil lol), i often wonder if its because im ADHD so they just level me out

concerta will do nothing short of waking you up unless you sniff it. Cut open the pill and remove the red coating first, then remove the plastic coating you'll see on the outside of the pill with a razor blade (its a pain in the ass) and then cut up the white and beige sections (not the green) and sniff it, its pretty nice for a cheap drug

Concerta and Ritalin blow dick. I just blew 80 mgs Ritalin cause I'm out of Adderall. Bleh :/

SWIM received a few Concerta 36mgs and is wondering what the best way to use them recreationally is. Just take them whole? Cut them in half? What can be expected from taking it? Any euphoria?

SWIM hasn't really experimented with amphetamines before, except with Adderall one time a few months ago.

Suck off the coating, it contains the first dose. Then you should have a wax coated capsule, with 3 colors, dark green/gray, white and yellow. Make sure your hands are dry. Use a razor blade and slit open the capsule lengthwise. Peel off the wax. The powder inside should be compacted enough that it can be handled while peeling the wax coating off. Discard the dark part. It has no drug. I crush up the white and yellow and dissolve it in water and drink it. It does take some shaking around to dissolve fully. I don't reccomend taking all the capsules at once orally without removing the dark bit because that dark part expands and isn't good to ingest a bunch at once. Seriously, put all the dark ends in a glass of water and youll see why I say that. At the very least, suck off the coating, cut the cap in half and only eat the white and yellow parts.

Methylphenidate (Ritalin) has an ED-50 nearly twice as potent as Cocaine hcl (effective dose to inhibit 50% of DAT)

Methylphenidate & Phenmetrazine were both highly abused via intravenous injection

Methylphenidate is amazing btw lol, doesn’t suck. Both Cocaine & Ritalin are “inverse agonists” and release dopamine secondary to their main mechanism of action as reuptake inhibitors of DAT/SERT/NET

Study participants couldn’t differentiate if they were receiving Cocaine or Methylphenidate via i.v. Injection

…..same goes for Hydromorphone and Diacetylmorphine (Heroin). Hydromorphone is being used in Canada as an alternative to Diamorphine (which has far tighter controls & regulations) ….for severe addicts in which Methadone proved ineffective

The first drug to ever give me TRUE euphoria was oral Oxycodone IR …the second drug was Methylphenidate (Ritalin) …..Vyvanse (d-Amphetamine) gave me chest pains and super dry mouth. Ritalin & alcohol is Soooo freaking awesome with a cigarette after. F@ck’n A

Ritalin 30mg IR after a meal and 2.5oz of Jin/Rum/Vodka cocktail is VERY euphoric. Ethanol with Methylphenidate increase d-MPH (Focalin) by up to 40% increasing pleasurable effects. Taking Ritalin with a meal speeds/increases absorption.