• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Concerned about the acetaminophen combined with the oxycodone pills I'm taking

pocketsevens

Bluelighter
My doc prescribed me some 5 mg oxycodone/325 mg acetaminophen pills. I've been taking about 5-6 per day. I know it's dumb to take more than the script says, but my opinion is it's not worth it to take them at all unless I take enough to completely get rid of the pain and makes me feel better. And that requires taking two pills at once, several times a day.

How much acetaminophen is too much? How many pills can I take in a day without risking liver damage? I'm not combining alcohol with these pills, but it might be worth mentioning that I'm on lots of other prescription drugs that are probably processed by my liver...

FDA limit is 4 grams APAP per day, the level where most people should panic is ~10gm within 24 hours.

Acetaminophen does increase the painkilling effects of oxycodone by a significant margin. You're taking 2gm or less a day so you should be fine. You could effectively double your oxy consumption and not worry about the APAP.