• Cannabis Discussion Welcome Guest
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules

Social Concentrates or Flower?

roady05

Bluelighter
UK guy here... just started getting in to concentrates in the past few months after just been a normal flower consumer for years. There are definitely aspects to the full spectrum concentrates which I really like and in some ways prefer over flower and more variety is always good. I saw something recently that jungle boyz said they sell much more concentrate than flower nowadays and seems like consumption is transitioning in that direction. It would be cool to get people weighing in here.

I like both for sure, depends on the cirmstances and what kind effect I'm after

Here in uk we're miles behind with our knowledge of concentrates etc though. Of course you'll get some decent stuff sometimes, but I've seen plenty people really big up a concentrate just to find it really poorly made and so on

Use high quality concetrates sparingly is the way forward..`super potent concentrated thc brings tolerance issues pretty fast

I just stick with flower tbh, the lack of any kind of regulation on concentrates leaves you open for all sorts of Tricks: Hazardous product (vitamin E containing), Contamination, Very Varied Doseage
You can learn to convert your own supply into BHO shatter etc but it carries explosion risk

Last edited:
Flower for me. I have been picking up dry sift hash from the store; and then ended up using the same amount as I did for flower. Got a lot higher, but it caused the tolerance to shoot up.

I haven’t tried THCA diamonds yet but want to.

Tom

Salutations Roady05,

...full spectrum concentrates...

Reading this i'd have to assume you've acquired the means to also extract a "full spectrum" from dry flowers, though actually depending on a slow/steady thermostatic scenario... Correct?

...would be cool to get people weighing in...

Fine. Well i'm guided by a few simple rules, first to « Follow the Shortest Path of Lesser Transformation », which excludes extensive processing right there. Next i equally developped a set of easy-to-use reality filters to gauge the situation and base my decision on avoiding *SELF-VILIFICATION*, basically:
Neuro-plasticity;
Contaminants;
Consumption Method & Ritual;
Socio-toxic 3rd-party interference

This should help to descramble perceptions despite all the confusion. For example tobacco ain't no automatic synonymous of toxic combustion nor even *ADDI¢TION* by nicotine...

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

flower 100%

I like to say it's because I'm good at moderation but it's probably only because I don't have weed stores in my state yet.
And dawwwwwwwg I've got plans for so many edibles. Nothin' crazy, just... like... I wanna make 'em. I wanna make a ton of 'em and just put 'em in the freezer like desserts.

Concentrate mainly in the form of edibles. Low dose mainly at night or long road trips:)

I also wanted to say the reason popularity with concentrates is hit or miss is that they really do blow your tolerance and if you cannot get them consistently, youll burn through so much flower to get high after smoking any significant stash of concentrates the weeks before

flower 100%

I like to say it's because I'm good at moderation but it's probably only because I don't have weed stores in my state yet.
And dawwwwwwwg I've got plans for so many edibles. Nothin' crazy, just... like... I wanna make 'em. I wanna make a ton of 'em and just put 'em in the freezer like desserts.

I save up my vaped bud and make chocolate chip cookies or banana bread. And stash them away in the freezer, forget about them - and go looking for a snack when Saturday Night Live starts. Yay, edibles! Cinnamon Apple butter is awesome. I’m gonna try making infused bee honey this weekend.

I do maintain about a pound of cannabutter that’s not too strong, bout an oz/lb. If you have butter, it goes into so many things (rice crispy squares).

For cooking I use the cheapest weed I can buy.

Tom

I'm so torn about this choice. My state legalized weed a few years ago and I switched to cartridges (typically Cresco live resin). After a couple of decades smoking flower pretty much every day I figured it was the healthier option. I find cartridges to be a little too strong with no tolerance and I go through them very quickly so they're not cost effective. A 1 gram cartridge will last me 7-10 days, but a quarter ounce of shake will last me almost a month when I'm trying to conserve. I would get cartridges in the 76% and up range and I really wish someone would make less costly ones at about half the potency. I'd like to be able to take a couple of puffs and enjoy the flavor instead of one tiny puff. It's also very easy to overshoot with cartridges and develop some temporary anxiety and paranoia.

I have really started to come around wrt. edibles. I didn't realize the bioavailability was so much higher than smoking and the effect lasts for hours. They're not great for getting lifted throughout the day, but are fun when you have the time to commit.

I prefer concentrates to flower for a variety of reasons. For one, concentrates can provide a much more potent high with more flavor and aroma than flower. They also tend to last longer and require less storage space. Additionally, concentrates are more discreet and portable than flower, making them easier to consume on the go. Lastly, concentrates have a variety of uses and can be used to make edibles, topicals, and more.

After years of reading stories of terrible tolerances and generally fucking your head up and bring unable to enjoy weed/weed products anymore, there is absolutely no way I would switch to or even consume beyond a special occasion anything but flower.

Honestly, allllllll the problems(that barely or didn't exist at all in flower) people have these days is related to concentrates. Just browse this sub, and you'll find a consistent trend. People who smoke flower have far less problems than concentrate users.

i prefer hash over weed probably because hash was way more popular here the weed years ago

I'm not at all sure about the truth surrounding the concentrates fucking your tolerance / mental health thing

I've had access to high quality concentrates through someone who makes thenm themselves for 5 or 6 years now. They haven't had my mental health over nor affected my tolerance.

My usual consumption pattern is something like 3 or 4 days smoking (usually just say between 7pm and midnight) and the a day off. I've been using cannabis over 35 years and don't think my tolerance has gone up in the last decade.

If you are used to, say, 500mg weed a day (lets say approx 100mg thc) and then you start having 6x 40mg dabs per day (say 180mg thc per day) then your tolerance is gonna rise for sure. But if you only have 3 x 40mg dabs...a similar amount thc daily....then why would it rise?

Just use common sense I reckon.

Whatever it affects i still don't buy the idea that's because of concentrates alone.

ONLY?? Why not call it « micro-dosing » alltogether!
I don't understand what you're saying mate, on either point..I am quite high though...

I was just giving an example and comparison - consume similar thc levels no matter what the substance = no extra effect on tolerance

And - is 3 x 40mg dabs over say 5 or 6 hours a lot in your opinion? Or a small amount? confused !

Salutations AgeingPartyFiend,

My present consumer profile revolves around "costing" ~30 mg of shredded dry flower per puff combined with Pulse Heating. To transpose this to dabbing material i'd likely require some system similar to "bubble jet" printing where quantization paves the way to true dosing while multiplying opportunities to learn/acquire health-wise skills.

I figure the present e-Cig carts accumulate "baking" between tokes while only a few tiny bubbles would do. That, is what i got in mind and the other picture "microdose dabs" give me is that of mamals sucking milk from their mother, or for that matter an alcoholic sleeping with his bottle... Not exactly a promise of social acceptability and yet that's better than plain bigot prohibition. So, as far as i'm concerned it's just the tip of a needle that needs to get hot and cool off just as fast. Then there's the problem of droplet size vs pulmonary alveolar filtration trying to emulate traditional smoke « bio-availability », plus self-moisturization please.

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

When I first tried proper concentrates it felt like I'm smoking weed for the first time again, almost stronger, even with massive tolerance and I prefered concentrates. Nowadays with my tolerance quite low I wouldn't generalize my preference but would rather just chose what is tastiest.

Salutations SpiralusSancti,

...it felt like I'm smoking weed for the first time again...

The very 1st time, as a young man, i experienced absolutely nothing and was even explained i needed to acquire some "base"... So i trained myself. And if that's true of THC vs the "buzz" then i feel quite reasonable to assume the same may be true of CBD vs its long-term effects as well.

So, is it really Science with a capital "S" or just the usual bogus $¢ien¢e when they eventually appear to find what they searched for desperately, via "research" actually imported from a country like France (art. "L3421-4" of their Public Health code on promoting use/trafic while presenting it "favourably"...), e.g. where $¢ienti$t$ appear to suffer from severe anal retention relatively to "marihuana" and the buzz as they claim THC ain't being reciprocally "modulated" by CBD? Most likely forgetting about such 1st-time training for CBD when less than 50 guinea pigs participate to a double-blind "study" that we can't tell much about anyway, imagine *VILIFICATION* vectors that plagued contaminated stati$ti¢s for generations...

Nonetheless i share the desire for taste/aroma appreciation and even suggest this could serve to shift the user's own consumption profile toward a healthier habit. The problem being it's no fun to train on CBD that ain't even offering olfactive pleasures - which is the case at Québec's *MONOPOLY* outlets exactly, unless one has given his private information and signature (plus money) in exchange of some privilege-card, or when co$t doesn't matter and only the sky is a limit.

After 4+ years of Trudeau's « légaleezation » i can testify all my attempts to get some decent CBD have failed until recently and that's still not the same "fun" as before 2015. The trichome glands count almost looks OKay in that marginal sample but that's it, no experience shifting and of course no buzz. Yet T-Breaks are a thing of the past for me so i invite the reader to think of dosing scenarios when that's an issue, plus featuring the ritual with other valuable/satisfying qualities, when/where available...

Good day, have fun!! ☮️

I've heard it reported regularly... It's a well observed phenomena that 1st time cannabis (also some other drugs) users often report feeling 'not stoned' after consuming doses that should have a big effect on a non tolerant individual

Last edited: