Mental Health Coming off Invega/Xeplion (paliperidone) injections v 8.0

Status
Not open for further replies.
How much % do you feel better and how long since your last shot? How long have you been on keto and what effects have you noticed?
Maybe like 75% just cuz of erectile disfunction. its been 5 months since my last shot. I had trinza which is even worse than sustenna.

Ive been eating a ketogenic diet for a month now and have lost a significant amount of weight. I also dont have anxiety anymore which was a problem. I was really stiff before and thats gotten a lot better too. Have more energy in general. Feel normal now. Gained all my emotions and almost all my motivation. Dont feel depressed at all. Only thing left is trauma from this whole experience. Honestly it was the worst thing I went through both physically and mentally. Recovery is 100% possible for all.

Another major note I really hope all of you take into consideration is that we become insulin resistant from these meds. This is what diabetic people have its really dangerous.

Perspective is important. Psychosomatic symptoms are a thing. Anhedonia on and when recovering from Invega is caused by blocked receptors. Once the medication leaves the body, the brain is no longer affected, receptors are no longer blocked, and functioning returns to normal. It's that simple. There might be other factors and cofounding variables that play, but full-out believing and arguing that it's anything beyond what I've just described is based in fear and the desire to be morose.
I Personally found being on Invega traumatizing, if you don't that's good for you. Saying that this is a horrific experience isn't "psychobabble" and just because our pharma-trained psychs fucked us doesn't mean that all of psychology is a bunk science, read a book
Some people get PSSD from SSRIs, some don't. Some people get TD on APs that are permanent, some don't. Permanent damage from medication is possible. It could stand to reason that some people also experience some other sort of permanent damage - but in my years on this forum the vast, vast majority do not, myself included. Believing yourself to be permanently ill based on the experience of one guy who won't even share the full details of his experience is hypochondriacal thinking.
This is the hardest part about visiting this forum - having to argue with people who vociferously believe that everyone who got shot up with Invega will end up like that guy who has severe depression or that other guy who is taking another AP and won't tell anyone or that other guy who just wants to fuck with people who need hope

It's been fun guess I'll check in later
If it’s that simple then why have I not experienced any improvements whatsoever at 10.5 months off ? I’m not getting at you here I’m just asking you this question genuinely want to know what you think ? It’s been out of my system for a long time now surely ? And my brain functioning has not returned to normal not in the least … what am I waiting for at this point ? It feels like my life is over now I have been utterly dead inside since being injected and still feel exactly the same … I have a very faint dull ache in my brain 24/7 I can literally feel that something is wrong …. Other people have got significant improvements at 10.5 months off meanwhile I still have severe anhedonia 0 emotions , 0 interests , alogia , no ability or urge to be social , substances don’t work anymore like alcohol weed and caffeine , I have 0 sexual pleasure … I am an EMPTY SHELL of a person now and life like this is simply hell , if it’s permanent it’s a death sentance , at what point do I have to concede that this is permanent? How long do I wait ?

If it’s that simple then why have I not experienced any improvements whatsoever at 10.5 months off ? I’m not getting at you here I’m just asking you this question genuinely want to know what you think ? It’s been out of my system for a long time now surely ? And my brain functioning has not returned to normal not in the least … what am I waiting for at this point ? It feels like my life is over now I have been utterly dead inside since being injected and still feel exactly the same … I have a very faint dull ache in my brain 24/7 I can literally feel that something is wrong …. Other people have got significant improvements at 10.5 months off meanwhile I still have severe anhedonia 0 emotions , 0 interests , alogia , no ability or urge to be social , substances don’t work anymore like alcohol weed and caffeine , I have 0 sexual pleasure … I am an EMPTY SHELL of a person now and life like this is simply hell , if it’s permanent it’s a death sentance , at what point do I have to concede that this is permanent? How long do I wait ?
I feel the same way.. Its been 8 months for me.. Dont know how long will i take it

I started reading "Your Consent is not Required: the rise in psychiatric detentions, forced treatment, and abusive guardianships" by Rob Wipond. It's pretty informative so far, would definitely recommend it.

Maybe like 75% just cuz of erectile disfunction. its been 5 months since my last shot. I had trinza which is even worse than sustenna.

Ive been eating a ketogenic diet for a month now and have lost a significant amount of weight. I also dont have anxiety anymore which was a problem. I was really stiff before and thats gotten a lot better too. Have more energy in general. Feel normal now. Gained all my emotions and almost all my motivation. Dont feel depressed at all. Only thing left is trauma from this whole experience. Honestly it was the worst thing I went through both physically and mentally. Recovery is 100% possible for all.

Another major note I really hope all of you take into consideration is that we become insulin resistant from these meds. This is what diabetic people have its really dangerous.
your extremely lucky to recover from trinza so fast

I feel the same way.. Its been 8 months for me.. Dont know how long will i take it
I’m going to wait until I’ve been off the shot for a total of 2 years , if I still feel the same way I will kill my self I think … 10 months like this feels like 3 years , I can’t remember what it is like to feel normal now. I will not accept this new reality , I don’t want a life of never ending suffering.

I started reading "Your Consent is not Required: the rise in psychiatric detentions, forced treatment, and abusive guardianships" by Rob Wipond. It's pretty informative so far, would definitely recommend it.
I have that book!!! I didn’t get very far on it I felt it was kind of boring lol

I saw the authors AMA on Reddit which is why I purchased the book. I”ll probably read more eventually in the future. That would be cool to have like a book club for this thread so we can all talk and discuss about things we read related to the psychiatric drugs

Last edited:

The keto diet absolutly keeps the weight off on these meds. Im on zyprexa currently ad have not gained any weight thanks to a high protein and low carb diet. Well no fat anyway just muscle

Getting over the ED was the first side effect that started going away for me actually when i came off abilify injections after being on invega so id say your on your way to recovery. It just takes time

Did the keto diet have an effect on your mood would you say?

I cannot take this!!!!! I am so infuriated the anhedonia is so extreme its drivingme insane. Just started a new job. Weird working without dopamine . I am almost four momths off. I want to know for certain i will be 100% back to normal bc I am terrified I would rather die than live like this

I cannot take this!!!!! I am so infuriated the anhedonia is so extreme its drivingme insane. Just started a new job. Weird working without dopamine . I am almost four momths off. I want to know for certain i will be 100% back to normal bc I am terrified I would rather die than live like this
just wait its still in your system wait till its 0-1 ng/ml meaning out of your system you will probably feel a little better then and then few months after you will start recovering hopefully

for future reference praying for recovery, to me i will be recovered once weed ( havent tried it after invega other than right after it one time where all it did was intensify invega will try again when i feel much better ) weed works and makes me feel euphoric and horny, i will also consider myself recovered once i feel pleasure from music again, attracted to women again and have the urge to masturbate/have sex daily with sexual pleasure when i do. do not give me the bs of weed makes you psychotic because it didnt make me psychotic and i was never psychotic maybe it did others but for me it was a highly effective natural anti depressant and anti anxiety medicine

Last edited:
Hey, I kind of want to know about your protocol now that I might have hypothalamic/pituitary damage too.

I missed a test result, I had my testasterone tested again and my bioavailable testosterone went up since last time so maybe invega just made my PCOS worse. It's slightly high. I can live with that, I really hope it's just that, better than pituitary failure. I'm still gonna get a bunch of tests done for that and neuropathies.

Sex and orga*ms also feel 55-60%. food, tv, sports(swimming, ice skating, skiing, golf, basketball), traveling, partying, music, socializing, gym, hanging out, just laying out on sun and chilling, EVERYTHING feels f*cking NUMBED and it s*cks. Me speaking about long term things was because LONG TERM things are supposed to be more enjoyable but they are ALSO NUMBED (the 55-60%) in their baseline and they still s*ck. I just don't get what you are saying, THE REASON could be WHAT else than INVEGA (which did synaptic damage) for this severe anhedonia I'm still having...
You are not the only one. Invega definitely did something. I agree with you about the numbed down feeling in everything.

Status
Not open for further replies.