Mental Health Coming off Invega/Xeplion (paliperidone) injections v 8.0

I honestly don’t want to live if I don’t recover from this. Like I can’t picture myself getting older and having to be like this my whole life. I’m only 27 and what sucks is before my episode, I had worked hard and built myself up to be this person that I was finally proud of and was looking forward to living this human experience. After the first shot brought me back, I was so ambitious and couldn’t wait to leave the hospital to get my life back on track. I’m extremely bitter that I was so close to leaving with my head held high. I’m upset that I wasn’t listened to when I tried to refuse. I also regret microdosing shrooms but it was working so well for my mental health and energy that I thought it was great and that I finally can function like a normal productive human being. Unfortunately, it led to my downfall. I started Wellbutrin today but I don’t have much confidence that it’s going to help much. Tbh I don’t think anything will work how the shrooms did for me.

Anyone who’s had drug induced psychosis ever feel like you would’ve gotten out of it with time, therapy, sleep, diet and nutrition?

I would get moments of clarity and there were times in group therapy where I was able to reframe my psychotic thoughts and delusions into something positive. I feel like I would’ve been able to learn to manage it without medication and that also kills me inside that I didn’t really get a chance to try to heal my psychosis on my own terms.

Anyone who’s had drug induced psychosis ever feel like you would’ve gotten out of it with time, therapy, sleep, diet and nutrition?

I would get moments of clarity and there were times in group therapy where I was able to reframe my psychotic thoughts and delusions into something positive. I feel like I would’ve been able to learn to manage it without medication and that also kills me inside that I didn’t really get a chance to try to heal my psychosis on my own terms.
Also my case. I could have managed my mild psychosis without meds. I was not a danger to myself or others and they still sectionned me and coerced me into the shots. ☹️

Tbh i don’t really got all the side effects everyone else is getting but i could see where yall coming from sometimes like i still care about things and could find myself enjoying certain things but i feel like im missing immersion and adrenaline rushes from things like shows,games and music but honestly i could ignore all that if only the sexual side effects went away tbh. Definitely not able to have any type of relationship in these conditions

Guys, atypical antipsychotics cause a problem related to histone deasetylases (hdac 2) in the prefrontal cortex, they reduce dental spines and cause inflammation in the brain by blocking the ht2a 5 receptor, research, the only way to get around this is to take hdac inhibitors 2, like curcumin or trianeptine, I'm from Brazil and I took this rubbish, I feel like a robot even more so I'm trying to improve, there are several studies on this that I mentioned, I would like to have access to trianeptine to speed up the process, but here in Brazil it has been discontinued and I can't find it. Please guys do some research and you will have an idea of what is happening to you just like me.

I think all I needed to do was get off of Straterra and sleep. The paranoia would've gone away if I could see no one would lie about me or if I could make sure no one would believe it if they did.

Tbh i don’t really got all the side effects everyone else is getting but i could see where yall coming from sometimes like i still care about things and could find myself enjoying certain things but i feel like im missing immersion and adrenaline rushes from things like shows,games and music but honestly i could ignore all that if only the sexual side effects went away tbh. Definitely not able to have any type of relationship in these conditions
That's how I felt before I was dumb enough to take Prozac.

Back in October 2023, 7 months ago. I was forced to take Invega Sustenna 256+154 mg injection. I now know that I was misdiagnosed and poorly treated at the hospital I was at. I had about every negative side effect in the book directly after injection. I was suicidal 24/7. I thought about giving up every single day. Physically fatigued, sleeping 12-16 hours a day, no sex drive, ED, infertile, no ejaculation. Insane brain fog, no imagination, hard to concentrate, no motivation, no emotions! couldn’t workout, gained 15lbs, digestion all messed up, couldn’t enjoy anything. Etc you get the point.

Since then, what a turn around. All of those side effects are gone. I don’t even think about Invega Sustenna anymore. Last week I ran a half marathon after training for a month. I’m in better physical shape now than ever. I workout almost twice everyday during the week. I’m motivated to accomplish goals, I can socialize and laugh and enjoy things now! I lost 11lbs went from 193lbs-182lbs since January. Sexual side effects are gone, (libido isn’t as high as used to be) but better! Brain fog finally went away. Sleep went back to normal. No longer suicidal. I’m strong, in the gym, working and going to college soon to become a firefighter.

Whoever is reading this, don’t be afraid to reach out. My dms are open. This didn’t happen overnight. I was destroyed and never thought I could improve. It felt like forever. It wasn’t until February where I started seeing improvements. But as the weeks and months go on I start to feel even better. I was in a very dark place. My hope is to save someone from that dark place that I once was in. It may feel like your stuck but trust me keep going and let time heal you. God bless.

Back in October 2023, 7 months ago. I was forced to take Invega Sustenna 256+154 mg injection. I now know that I was misdiagnosed and poorly treated at the hospital I was at. I had about every negative side effect in the book directly after injection. I was suicidal 24/7. I thought about giving up every single day. Physically fatigued, sleeping 12-16 hours a day, no sex drive, ED, infertile, no ejaculation. Insane brain fog, no imagination, hard to concentrate, no motivation, no emotions! couldn’t workout, gained 15lbs, digestion all messed up, couldn’t enjoy anything. Etc you get the point.

Since then, what a turn around. All of those side effects are gone. I don’t even think about Invega Sustenna anymore. Last week I ran a half marathon after training for a month. I’m in better physical shape now than ever. I workout almost twice everyday during the week. I’m motivated to accomplish goals, I can socialize and laugh and enjoy things now! I lost 11lbs went from 193lbs-182lbs since January. Sexual side effects are gone, (libido isn’t as high as used to be) but better! Brain fog finally went away. Sleep went back to normal. No longer suicidal. I’m strong, in the gym, working and going to college soon to become a firefighter.

Whoever is reading this, don’t be afraid to reach out. My dms are open. This didn’t happen overnight. I was destroyed and never thought I could improve. It felt like forever. It wasn’t until February where I started seeing improvements. But as the weeks and months go on I start to feel even better. I was in a very dark place. My hope is to save someone from that dark place that I once was in. It may feel like your stuck but trust me keep going and let time heal you. God bless.
Thanks for the update. could you get horny again? i know you said your libido is not as high but i was a extremely horny/ sexually aroused. Hopefully it can return to how it was, you probably have a good amount more to go since your at 7 months. Did you masterbate at all throughout recovery?

Are you off all meds? For how long? How long since last injection.
I have been off antipsychotic or invega injections for well over 7 years now I just takeADHD meds or ritalin now that is it! 60mg daily to be honest I notice in one day if missing a doses I get super bad depression kinda like invega but not the same intensity if that makes sense so I think the ADHD aka ritalin probably saved my life because it makes my mood and depressed way less intense and is kinda like before invega but not quite the same - yes in some cases it can cause anhadoiona but not very common at all with dopamine re-up inhibitors.

Sorry to hear you are still experiencing side effects how long have you been off all medicine and did you have any sexual side effects and if you did, is that atleast gone?
Sexual side effects is really bad to be honest still mate loss of feeling and stuff like that nothing I can do in that regard but to be honest it's the last thing I really care about. Like I posted a reply it's been well over 7 years. I have always said and maintained that if you don't recover from invega you probably got early signs of Parkinson's or pre at least.

Whilst the recovery stories give me some hope, I just can’t see this dreadful feeling leaving. I felt it a day after I got the second injection and it hasn’t left for 6 months now.

To make matters worse I now get affected by any negative stories on the news. I used to watch it everyday and not care about anything and just think about other stuff.

Nothing feels real anymore, it’s like the negatives outweigh the positives. I just wish I could go back to the way I was before but I have literally no energy / motivation in me anymore. I used to want to work, study and travel. I can’t see myself doing any of that now.

I’m also pretty sure that someone here killed themselves, they said we’re going to and haven’t been on for over a week.

I have moved on with my life after recovering from the side effects of taking Invega. I am completely healed. I would post here under Kia85. I wish all of you nothing but healing peace and true happiness. I just wanted to make this post again as a reminder to all of you that #HEALING is indeed #POSSIBLE 😊 I’ll come back to remind all of you sometime in the future. Forgive me if I continue to repeat myself. I kinda gave up at one point. I’m so happy to feel normal again. I wish more people came back to motivate and encourage all of us. I’ll be that person to step in from time to time and do just that. Please take care of yourself guys and don’t give up.

Last edited:
I have moved on with my life after recovering from the side effects of taking Invega. I am completely healed. I would post here under Kia85. I wish all of you nothing but healing peace and true happiness. I just wanted to make this post again as a reminder to all of you that #HEALING is indeed #POSSIBLE 😊 I’ll come back to remind all of you sometime in the future. Forgive me if I continue to repeat myself. I kinda gave up at one point. I’m so happy to feel normal again. I wish more people came back to motivate and encourage all of us. I’ll be that person to step in from time to time and do just that. Please take care of yourself guys and don’t give up.
How long it took?