• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey everyone! It’s been a while since I’ve posted. I was waiting until I was 100% healed, but I figured I should post now for those who have been following my story.

It’s been a long ride. I got the two initial shots in January 2020. As of now, it’s been over a year. I’m still not 100%, which baffles me, but I’ve come a long way. Life is no longer an emotionless, pleasureless, suicidal hell. I have a lot of my hobbies back, I have emotions, my body is even going back to how it looked before. I’m 6,0 200~lbs with a six pack, to the point where people will comment how fit/buff I am.

For the longest time I was worried I’d never have the emotional capacity to love or date someone again, but even that part of me is coming back. I’ve actually been in like 4 dates in the last few months, and I have one tonight. I’m at the point now that when I meet someone new or even old, I dont feel like I need to explain to them that I’m different or weird because of medication. No one would guess anything is wrong with me.

Alcohol and weed still dont affect me like they used to tbh. I’m assuming this isn’t permanent and my brain just needs more time to recover. But I’ve noticed that I feel less of a need to drink or smoke in general. It bothered me a lot before because I was so starved of dopamine that I was desperate to feel it somehow. But these days my natural dopamine levels are returning.

I used to browse this forum and research Invega literally all day. Nowadays I don’t even check this site. I play games, watch tv/movies, listen to podcasts, etc. I’ve even reconnected with friends and family. I just got back from Orlando where I went to the beach for the first time in two years. Right now I’m planning a birthday trip for June. In comparison, last June was the worst birthday of my life and I was miserable.

I would encourage everyone still struggling to hang in there!
Thanks for coming back and posting! Did you lose the weight and recover from insomnia?

To everyone that recovered after months of going off of Invega and relapsed:
How long after quitting did it take you to relapse (go in psychosis) ?
im curious as I have heard several similar stories of relapsing.

I wanna talk about the feeling of euphoria and help some people understand that invega may not be the culprit. I'm 5 months off and able to get fried and stoned. But I don't get euphoria. I dont believe it's invega. I wasn't able to feel euphoria before I got invega just simply because my brain had got use to weed and years of smoking I just dont get that euphoria like when I was a newby smoker. Also not everyone even get euphoria from weed. So dont sweat it if you don't get euphoria from weed. Just be happy your able to get high and relax and get a good night sleep. The only time I really had euphoria from drugs is when I was on meth and that lead to my psychosis and me getting the invega injection. Plus as you age your brain changes and reacts different to weed. Dont get upset if you smoke and dont get that first time euphoria feeling or that happy feeling. Because weed is not a super drug like meth. I still smoke weed and try to chase that euphoric and happy and on top of the world high like I was on meth but weed it not same kind of drug and I had to experience both to see the difference. So if your getting high off weed that's good. But if your chasing that euphoric happy first time high. I promise you'll never get there.

I love you all and hope everyone a speed recovery, you never know you might wake up and see a commerical about settlements for people have taken invega and have permanent side effects

I feel absolutely amazing today. For those of you wondering if recovery is possible, it is. It just takes a hell of a long time. I'm not 100% there yet, but it's coming.
How long are you off coming off the drug? I'm 6 months and only feel a little bit better. I'm hoping i'm coming up to the time when it starts to leave me system now. I still can't get high or drunk though

How long are you off coming off the drug? I'm 6 months and only feel a little bit better. I'm hoping i'm coming up to the time when it starts to leave me system now. I still can't get high or drunk though
I'm 10 months off. I had 11 shots at 150mg. I can get a good buzz off about half a 12 pack of beer now. Before I would drink the whole 12 and not feel anything. I smoke weed on occasion and when I do I get "high" but it's more spiritual than anything.

I feel more motivated than I've felt in two years. I play guitar upwards of 6 hours a day now. Just practicing and writing my own music. The thing with recovery is that you have to push yourself to do things. You won't just magically wake up on day and be 100%. For me, trying to remember all my songs (I have 4) is a great brain exercise and gets me thinking. I play rock/blues style with a slide. It's something new I've started and it's really helping me get my confidence back. Exercise also is a big plus. I walk and go for bike rides whenever I can. Cold showers are also a huge help. They've been found to be 10 times stronger than any anti depressant.

My advise to anyone wanting to recover from this hell is to push yourself. Even though it's the hardest thing in the world to do, do for yourself.

I only eat one meal a day and I’m hardly eating anything at all and going for two one hour walks a day because that’s all I can do and I’m still not losing any weight! It’s so frustrating. I think I’m going to ask my doctor to switch to geodon or something like that or wait to try to get dropped down to the 25mgs dosage or something like that. I don’t understand why Invega doesn’t allow the body to workout

I've been having long walks and has started some "examining things" I am ok but not the best mood... x_x
Also i stopped simply using telephone, simple as that. Going to be off of it for loong time it's good decidion or how is it written lol xd

i have the 300mg pills, i take 3 a day, are u supposed to be taking 900mg 3 times a day? how much total mg a day?
you are on the right track.

if it is not working, you could try more pills. keep in mind that you may have a knockoff brand perhaps. so try a different brand but more powerful.

i really can't add more to this, maybe others can shed some light for you.

I just wanted to give a update I'm 5 1/2 months off and I feel way better than I did 3 months ago! I Feel motivated to do things and I have my hobbies back! I have some of my emotions back but not fully yet I'm still not able to cry. I have no physical side effects from invega unless I count weight gain! I have my inner monologue back and able to think clearly and have great conversations! I still have anhedonia but it's mostly from substance abuse which led to my psychosis. I pretty much the same person before invega. I smile and laugh and enjoy video games and movies. Also able to get high on weed. Sexual side effects went away, I'm able to get a erection and maintain it fully. Penis size testing went back to normal and my semen returned to normal. Music is slowly coming back I enjoy it more and more every month! I went from 12 hours of sleep to 9-10 and I have no insomnia. I'm able to feel full now also after a meal. Hope everyone recovers fast!

I just wanted to give a update I'm 5 1/2 months off and I feel way better than I did 3 months ago! I Feel motivated to do things and I have my hobbies back! I have some of my emotions back but not fully yet I'm still not able to cry. I have no physical side effects from invega unless I count weight gain! I have my inner monologue back and able to think clearly and have great conversations! I still have anhedonia but it's mostly from substance abuse which led to my psychosis. I pretty much the same person before invega. I smile and laugh and enjoy video games and movies. Also able to get high on weed. Sexual side effects went away, I'm able to get a erection and maintain it fully. Penis size testing went back to normal and my semen returned to normal. Music is slowly coming back I enjoy it more and more every month! I went from 12 hours of sleep to 9-10 and I have no insomnia. I'm able to feel full now also after a meal. Hope everyone recovers fast!
I'm 6 months off tomorrow. I only had the two loading doses but I still feel pretty messed up most days. Find it hard to play games but I can do it, most of the time I just want to lay on the couch and stare into dead space. I still haven't recovered my cognitive functioning but I feel like I've gone through the worst of it, or at least I think I have. Only one way but up from here I'm hoping

I've been having long walks and has started some "examining things" I am ok but not the best mood... x_x
Also i stopped simply using telephone, simple as that. Going to be off of it for loong time it's good decidion or how is it written lol xd
That's great man. Yeah I haven't been in the best mood the last couple of days, so I feel it.. But I'm trying to keep my thoughts above it. I think I'm going to take a walk up the road and back during sunrise. It's 3 something in the morning here right now.
That's pretty good that you stopped using your phone. I'm on mine all day so I should probably do the same. Been spending some time looking for a job though!

Last edited:
I'm 6 months off tomorrow. I only had the two loading doses but I still feel pretty messed up most days. Find it hard to play games but I can do it, most of the time I just want to lay on the couch and stare into dead space. I still haven't recovered my cognitive functioning but I feel like I've gone through the worst of it, or at least I think I have. Only one way but up from here I'm hoping
You are absolutely right there's only one way up, everyone is different and recovers at different pace. You are still in the infant months of recovery and you still have a long road ahead of you. Just dont ever give hope! Cognitive function will return I promise you, just give it some time!

the mental hygiene has turned my life into a living fkn' nightmare
absolutely nightmarish.

The ability to workout recovers as well, don’t worry. This is what I highly recommend to everyone. When coming off of Invega, please reach out either to your doctor or do personal research on a medication that helps. I notice many of us here claim to not be Scizophrenic; although they are bipolar (which is what I am). Fortunately I successfully recovered 100% from Invega, although Unfortunately I went back into a manic episode which psychotic features. I have really good news and bad news. Bad news is that, left unchecked (I don’t care who you are) your highly prone to go back into psychosis which was get you remedicated against your will. I hate losing emotions and feelings/having horrible side effects from a medication. Therefor this steered me away from medication. I finally found a medication that works personally for me, Lithium Orotate. It actually cures my depression and anxiety. And remedies manic episodes just as Lithium Carbonate (the commonly prescribed bipolar medication). I should’ve taken it way earlier. I had some low sex drive due to depression, and this fixed it back at least 90% and it’s been only a week. Do research on Lithium Orotate. I do not recommend St Johns Wort after recovery because it can send one back into psychosis due to the way it effects the brain. Invega is a dopamine antagonist (it binds and lowers production of both dopamine and serotonin). Whereas Lithium Orotate increases serotonin. Look up reviews!
psychosis is just a weak excuse for not being able to cope with present reality, I would say it is weakness.

I only eat one meal a day and I’m hardly eating anything at all and going for two one hour walks a day because that’s all I can do and I’m still not losing any weight! It’s so frustrating. I think I’m going to ask my doctor to switch to geodon or something like that or wait to try to get dropped down to the 25mgs dosage or something like that. I don’t understand why Invega doesn’t allow the body to workout
it eats your body alive at a hormonal level

psychosis is just a weak excuse for not being able to cope with present reality, I would say it is weakness.
I would say that your completely ignorant to what psychosis is.... psychosis is an illness not a character flaw or a weakness. Your comments are mostly negative so I’m not surprised to see this comment from you.

Status
Not open for further replies.