• TDS Moderators: AlphaMethylPhenyl | Eligiu | deficiT

Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
To people who have been put on another antipsychotic did you notice you dropped the Invega weight? Did you feel any different after coming off of Invega?

Hi, do any of you know if oral paliperidone has the same side effects as the LAI?
And how would you describe the lack of motivation that it has/is causing? Do you want to do things and just don't do them? What kinds of things do/did you struggle with doing?
Thanks in advance.

Last edited:
Hi, do any of you know if oral paliperidone has the same side effects as the LAI?
And how would you describe the lack of motivation that it has/is causing? Do you want to do things and just don't do them? What kinds of things do/did you struggle with doing?
Thanks in advance.
It depends how long you are on the oral pills, side effects may very. I would describe the lack of motivation as not having the same drive and passion for things you do before and just not having the will to get up and do them.

Last edited:
Thanks in advance.
Yes all the side effects are the same with LAI and pills. But the good thing about pills is that the side effects are a lot less pronounced and a lot more tolerable.
For example, on the pill I had mild akathisia, but on the injection the akathisia was so bad that I had to walk around every 10 minutes.
And it only takes between 1-4 weeks for pills to leave your system (no matter how much or for how long you’ve been taking them). For LAI, it’s anywhere between 10 months - 2 years.
As for motivation, I remember on the pills I wouldn’t feel like exercising or cooking sometimes. On the LAI I find it hard to even wake up in the morning and talk, but that was only the first month.

thanks Bigsmoke420 and Afernandes1. That must have been awful not even having the motivation to get up out of bed, Afernandes1. Did your motivation improve after the first month? Are you on any medication now?

I'm on the LAI. I hate it but I'm court ordered to take it.

invega sustenna caused me to wake up 2-3 times every night during my sleep, never a continuous restful sleep, and only get maybe 6 hours of sleep a night max, i was wondering if anyone has been affected the same, and if so, what has helped remedy this problem? looking for solutions

invega sustenna caused me to wake up 2-3 times every night during my sleep, never a continuous restful sleep, and only get maybe 6 hours of sleep a night max, i was wondering if anyone has been affected the same, and if so, what has helped remedy this problem? looking for solutions
Do not stress out. This is normal for you to wake up 2-3 times every night during your sleep.

Most of us purchased St John's Wort Pills to combat this because it just works.

Not only will you sleep better, but you will be able to walk again or at least be more active.

St John Wort is a inducer, it removes Invega Sustenna from the bloodstream. You can Google this or research it from this thread and previous versioned threads.

Try to get off Invega ASAP. Find another doctor who will give you a second opinion. Ask for a review panel.

It will take up to 8-12 months off of Invega to fully recover so it is a long journey.

Best of Luck!

Do not stress out. This is normal for you to wake up 2-3 times every night during your sleep.

Most of us purchased St John's Wort Pills to combat this because it just works.

Not only will you sleep better, but you will be able to walk again or at least be more active.

St John Wort is a inducer, it removes Invega Sustenna from the bloodstream. You can Google this or research it from this thread and previous versioned threads.

Try to get off Invega ASAP. Find another doctor who will give you a second opinion. Ask for a review panel.

It will take up to 8-12 months off of Invega to fully recover so it is a long journey.

Best of Luck!
i was taking st johns wart 900mg every day, and it didnt help with the sleep, or much of the symptoms at all, ill keep taking it, but idk, im not sure how much it works, im 6 months off invega btw

i was taking st johns wart 900mg every day, and it didnt help with the sleep, or much of the symptoms at all, ill keep taking it, but idk, im not sure how much it works, im 6 months off invega btw
You may have the wrong brand or you don't take it 3 times a day. I have read online from this thread that ST John's Wort takes up to 3 weeks for it to fully kick in your system to see the effects but don't quote me on that.

Otherwise, i really can't give you any more tips or information on how to combat this. You could also get some melatonin (sleeping aid) for yourself.

Maybe others can spread some knowledge about this subject.

Whatever you do, don't go back to your psychiatrist and ask for sleeping meds because they are corrupt. they will give you something with major side effects.

For the love of God you all should try Lithium Orotate. I ended up going back into psychosis after not being medicated. Lithium fixed my depression and psychosis. Message me for any details thanks.

You may have the wrong brand or you don't take it 3 times a day. I have read online from this thread that ST John's Wort takes up to 3 weeks for it to fully kick in your system to see the effects but don't quote me on that.

Otherwise, i really can't give you any more tips or information on how to combat this. You could also get some melatonin (sleeping aid) for yourself.

Maybe others can spread some knowledge about this subject.

Whatever you do, don't go back to your psychiatrist and ask for sleeping meds because they are corrupt. they will give you something with major side effects.
i have the 300mg pills, i take 3 a day, are u supposed to be taking 900mg 3 times a day? how much total mg a day?

I had this problem. I had what felt like brain zaps when I would rest and get to the point that I would have normally fallen asleep. Many nights I could not sleep at all and had pacing with akathisia. But by six months off, although my sleep was not the most restful and I still could not nap, this problem had alleviated. 2+ years off now and I can nap again. The sleep issues are very nasty and I hope it gets better for you. I don't know of any solution but time & exercise.

The ability to workout recovers as well, don’t worry. This is what I highly recommend to everyone. When coming off of Invega, please reach out either to your doctor or do personal research on a medication that helps. I notice many of us here claim to not be Scizophrenic; although they are bipolar (which is what I am). Fortunately I successfully recovered 100% from Invega, although Unfortunately I went back into a manic episode which psychotic features. I have really good news and bad news. Bad news is that, left unchecked (I don’t care who you are) your highly prone to go back into psychosis which was get you remedicated against your will. I hate losing emotions and feelings/having horrible side effects from a medication. Therefor this steered me away from medication. I finally found a medication that works personally for me, Lithium Orotate. It actually cures my depression and anxiety. And remedies manic episodes just as Lithium Carbonate (the commonly prescribed bipolar medication). I should’ve taken it way earlier. I had some low sex drive due to depression, and this fixed it back at least 90% and it’s been only a week. Do research on Lithium Orotate. I do not recommend St Johns Wort after recovery because it can send one back into psychosis due to the way it effects the brain. Invega is a dopamine antagonist (it binds and lowers production of both dopamine and serotonin). Whereas Lithium Orotate increases serotonin. Look up reviews!

I don't really have a lack of will to do anything, just it feels gross to do anything. Can anyone relate?
How long has it been since your last dose. If you need guidance I am here to talk. I recovered over a year ago it took me roughly 7 and a half months to 90% recover. I had at least 4 high dose shots. Everything came back.

To people who have been put on another antipsychotic did you notice you dropped the Invega weight? Did you feel any different after coming off of Invega?
I gained like 50lbs on Zyprexa and have been on several other APs after that, including Invega. I switched from Invega to Risperdal last year and my weight never dropped. I feel a lot better though. I'm laughing and enjoying myself again.

Hey everyone! It’s been a while since I’ve posted. I was waiting until I was 100% healed, but I figured I should post now for those who have been following my story.

It’s been a long ride. I got the two initial shots in January 2020. As of now, it’s been over a year. I’m still not 100%, which baffles me, but I’ve come a long way. Life is no longer an emotionless, pleasureless, suicidal hell. I have a lot of my hobbies back, I have emotions, my body is even going back to how it looked before. I’m 6,0 200~lbs with a six pack, to the point where people will comment how fit/buff I am.

For the longest time I was worried I’d never have the emotional capacity to love or date someone again, but even that part of me is coming back. I’ve actually been in like 4 dates in the last few months, and I have one tonight. I’m at the point now that when I meet someone new or even old, I dont feel like I need to explain to them that I’m different or weird because of medication. No one would guess anything is wrong with me.

Alcohol and weed still dont affect me like they used to tbh. I’m assuming this isn’t permanent and my brain just needs more time to recover. But I’ve noticed that I feel less of a need to drink or smoke in general. It bothered me a lot before because I was so starved of dopamine that I was desperate to feel it somehow. But these days my natural dopamine levels are returning.

I used to browse this forum and research Invega literally all day. Nowadays I don’t even check this site. I play games, watch tv/movies, listen to podcasts, etc. I’ve even reconnected with friends and family. I just got back from Orlando where I went to the beach for the first time in two years. Right now I’m planning a birthday trip for June. In comparison, last June was the worst birthday of my life and I was miserable.

I would encourage everyone still struggling to hang in there!

Hey everyone! It’s been a while since I’ve posted. I was waiting until I was 100% healed, but I figured I should post now for those who have been following my story.

It’s been a long ride. I got the two initial shots in January 2020. As of now, it’s been over a year. I’m still not 100%, which baffles me, but I’ve come a long way. Life is no longer an emotionless, pleasureless, suicidal hell. I have a lot of my hobbies back, I have emotions, my body is even going back to how it looked before. I’m 6,0 200~lbs with a six pack, to the point where people will comment how fit/buff I am.

For the longest time I was worried I’d never have the emotional capacity to love or date someone again, but even that part of me is coming back. I’ve actually been in like 4 dates in the last few months, and I have one tonight. I’m at the point now that when I meet someone new or even old, I dont feel like I need to explain to them that I’m different or weird because of medication. No one would guess anything is wrong with me.

Alcohol and weed still dont affect me like they used to tbh. I’m assuming this isn’t permanent and my brain just needs more time to recover. But I’ve noticed that I feel less of a need to drink or smoke in general. It bothered me a lot before because I was so starved of dopamine that I was desperate to feel it somehow. But these days my natural dopamine levels are returning.

I used to browse this forum and research Invega literally all day. Nowadays I don’t even check this site. I play games, watch tv/movies, listen to podcasts, etc. I’ve even reconnected with friends and family. I just got back from Orlando where I went to the beach for the first time in two years. Right now I’m planning a birthday trip for June. In comparison, last June was the worst birthday of my life and I was miserable.

I would encourage everyone still struggling to hang in there!
What side effects do you still have to this day? Also I'm glad you are doing a lot better

Status
Not open for further replies.