Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
You said you were moving on to abilify, I can tell you abilify is awful too, I am an artist and lost dexterity in my hands during "treatment" although this is better months after stopping. Are you court ordered or something?
I am an artist as well (i was kicked out of art school on my first psychosis) and lost all my ability, motivation, and "identity" with art. Fine motor skill and artistic reasoning and feeling do come back. On year two and I am recently able to pick it up for fun again

Katrina, since you’ve been off the drug for a while, have you noticed any weight loss? Also have your periods returned to normal?
Yes, by last summer I had lost all the weight and a little more since it finally felt good to go to the gym again. About 16 months. My periods returned to normal around 12 months off. You know this stuff has to be really messing with your systems when you go off your period, my dr never even told me it was an effect of the drug. Like I said earlier I had my copper IUD removed in July. I was worried about fertility issues due to invega but I successfully got pregnant at the end of September. The only thing i worry about now is the stuff i have read about DNA changes due to this injection. Will that be passed on to the child? from what I remember of high school biology whatever gaps there are in my DNA will be filled by my husband's DNA right?...or do I have that wrong. We can only hope for the best.

have you lost weight? if not, when will that happen? it's been 159 days since my last injection and i have yet to lose weight. keep in mind that i am on abilify so that causes weight gain as well.
No i did not loose any weight. And i had no attentions to loose weight anyway. Sounds weird, but it is a bit complicated. I am in a very stressfull situation kinda, and when your stress leves are elivated the fat storing hormone called insulin is UP. When Insulin is UP too much, it is impossible to loose weight.
Invega messes with our metabolic system and fat burning.
Here is a fantastic video about Schizophrenia and about the REAL cause of Schizophrenia.

Dr. Berg is very recommended anyway. He also explains a lot about fat loss, which could be helpful for those who want to lose weight here on the Forum.

Stay strong it gets better with time. Your interests will come back. My voice is still slow and slurred at 10+ months. So you’re not alone.
Thanks man. That makes a lot of difference, when i hear support from other sufferers too.
Do you have windows or time periods when you feel normal from time to time yet?

Day 211 off.
In the last 3 days some changes occurred regarding my recovery.
I noticed that i had several small time periods, where i felt really good.
Afterwards i had longer periods of time, where i felt okay and periods of time, where i felt really bad again.
It is a like a roller coaster. But it definately did not happen before, and not in a consistent form like that.
You feel really good like "Ok, i want to stay in that state of good feeling" and then all of a sudden you crash!
And then, when you realize you crashed again you are like "please, not again...".

Thanks man. That makes a lot of difference, when i hear support from other sufferers too.
Do you have windows or time periods when you feel normal from time to time yet?
We’re all in this together man. Yes I do, some days feel better than others. But on the days I don’t feel well try to force yourself into following a healthy routine. I cook for my family and we’ve all been trying out vegan and vegetarian foods. It’s been really interesting to get into and it’s something for my mind to focus on other than recovery. So it’s been really nice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Going to try vitamin c and e for my skin. Also going to try vitamin c capsules for my dark circles. The shot fucked up my skin. My mom looks better than me and I'm twenty years younger than her.

We’re all in this together man. Yes I do, some days feel better than others. But on the days I don’t feel well try to force yourself into following a healthy routine. I cook for my family and we’ve all been trying out vegan and vegetarian foods. It’s been really interesting to get into and it’s something for my mind to focus on other than recovery. So it’s been really nice.
I agree unless the vegan part of what you mentioned. Veganism is malnutrition and leads to brain shrinking.
Do you take St. John's Wort?

Going to try vitamin c and e for my skin. Also going to try vitamin c capsules for my dark circles. The shot fucked up my skin. My mom looks better than me and I'm twenty years younger than her.
It is the Invega. It makes us look horrible.... I am taking Vitamin C too. And Zinc and Magnesium. But i still look drugged. My skin looks different, my eyes look different.
But the drugged look thankfully started to lessen since i have these periods of feeling good times now and then.

What really bothers me is being aware that's somethings wrong with my brain. Like if there was something wrong and i just acted slow but didn't notice it. It's like... knowing it is hell. Knowing that you're somewhere trapped inside your own body. It's almost like I don't know who I am. Anyone else feel that way?

What really bothers me is being aware that's somethings wrong with my brain. Like if there was something wrong and i just acted slow but didn't notice it. It's like... knowing it is hell. Knowing that you're somewhere trapped inside your own body. It's almost like I don't know who I am. Anyone else feel that way?
Yes I feel the same way. Sadly we can not heal fully, invega is pure poison.

Yes I feel the same way. Sadly we can not heal fully, invega is pure poison.
There's a lot of people that say they healed, you don't believe it? How long have you been off? It's hard for me to hold onto hope because of how miserable I feel. I'm better than I was but I'm still so so so bad. Feel like I'm totally disabled mentally, like i get no thoughts in my head. I've been off 5 months

Does anyone actually know how to calculate the half life? I don't get why they give a range of 25-49 days. I got the 2 loading doses. Not sure what number to go by

Does anyone actually know how to calculate the half life? I don't get why they give a range of 25-49 days. I got the 2 loading doses. Not sure what number to go by
Usually the first loading doses are about 150mg and 100mg.
That would make circa 250mg divided by 2 every half life (which is 25-49 days).
I do the calculation like this, because i got 2 loading doses too.
The calculation is very simple :

Every 33 days (half life) you do Invega (mg)/2

First half life 250mg/2 = 125mg left
Second half life 125mg/2 = 60.65mg left
Third half life 60.5mg/2 =30.25mg left
Fourth half life 30.25mg/2 =15.175mg left
Fifth half life 15.175mg/2 = circa 7.5mg left
Sixth half life 7.5mg/2 =3.5mg left
Seventh half life 3.5mg/2 =1.75mg left
Notice Invega is harmful to the body, even in very small doses.

Last edited:

Thank you, i just don't like the big range they give, 25-49 days, that depends on dosage?

are these numbers for Trinza as well?

i look forward to fully recovery from invega. it is pure poison. it did nothing good for me. what a waste the past few years were. what a crappy health care system we have.

Status
Not open for further replies.