Mental Health Coming Off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh, nevermind.. I talked to my parents and we decided I'm gonna start taking Trintellix again. I'd rather be speechless and with Parkinson's than suicidal. At least I'm not going to suffer from now on.

Decided swimming is my new thing. Still dropping invega weight but I think after being in bed so much swimming just feels amazing. Moving my muscles is like therapy. In a sad note went with my dad today on a 5 hour trip to look at horses. The e tire 5 hours I could only respond with one word answers. I know he sees me different now. Like man she's ducked up.

just drank 1 litre of 5% alcohol today and it had no effect, im 19 days since the invega shot. i guess i got some time to go until alcohol works again. adderall seems to work just fine though which im thankful for. left me a bit depressed that i cant feel alcohol. ive heard users say 4 months off they were drunk asf so it might not take that much time after all who knows. anyone got any insight?

Hey, i just reached the 5 month mark.
I can tell, feel more intelligent again.
I gained a little more weight during the last 2 months, maybe 4 kg? Because of the dopamine rushes, that i caused by too many carbohydrates. I guess it my way to force my body to feel dopamine.
I can enjoy listening to music again.
I slowly gain back interest in old things, that i was interested before.
I can find women attractive again and my libido is going up steady.
I feel more motivated.
It is a slow recovery but i am on my way i guess.
I hope i do recover fully within a month, cause i feel it is not much that far away from now on.

Hey, i just reached the 5 month mark.
I can tell, feel more intelligent again.
I gained a little more weight during the last 2 months, maybe 4 kg? Because of the dopamine rushes, that i caused by too many carbohydrates. I guess it my way to force my body to feel dopamine.
I can enjoy listening to music again.
I slowly gain back interest in old things, that i was interested before.
I can find women attractive again and my libido is going up steady.
I feel more motivated.
It is a slow recovery but i am on my way i guess.
I hope i do recover fully within a month, cause i feel it is not much that far away from now on.
How many shots did you have?

I guess some would be worse than others, like the older first generation antipsychotics like Haldol (as you mentioned). I honestly don't know. I would never try another one since I don't have Bipolar or Schizophrenia. Possibly Geodon? I haven't heard godawful things about it, but haven't heard good things either!~!!
Yeah idk either. Just the ones I've been on. But thanks for your input.

just drank 1 litre of 5% alcohol today and it had no effect, im 19 days since the invega shot. i guess i got some time to go until alcohol works again. adderall seems to work just fine though which im thankful for. left me a bit depressed that i cant feel alcohol. ive heard users say 4 months off they were drunk asf so it might not take that much time after all who knows. anyone got any insight?
I'm 6th months off rn and after 4-5 months I could get a good buzz off 8% beer again. I only felt how I feel now just once while on invega but didn't feel shit after till the 4th-5th month mark of being off. got off may 1st. But I can get a good buzz now and I do start to slur alot and get uncordinated after I drink too much but it's not like i'm actually drunk. There's not a lot of dopamine either. Just alittle. But it still boosts my mood a bit. Can get kinda high off Colorado dispensary weed too but the weed I get rn is just a bit of a chill buzz after taking a t-break for a few days once every couple or few days of smoking. It's all coming back. Just patiently waiting for it to come back completely. Never seen someone really exceed 12 months of not getting high or drunk unless they got a boatload of injections.
Said all this in the previous thread though.

Last edited:
I'm 6th months off rn and after 4-5 months I could get a good buzz off 8% beer again. I only felt how I feel now just once while on invega but didn't feel shit after till the 4th-5th month mark of being off. got off may 1st. But I can get a good buzz now and I do start to slur alot and get uncordinated after I drink too much but it's not like i'm actually drunk. There's not a lot of dopamine either. Just alittle. But it still boosts my mood a bit. Can get kinda high off Colorado dispensary weed too but the weed I get rn is just a bit of a chill buzz after taking a t-break for a few days once every couple or few days of smoking. It's all coming back. Just patiently waiting for it to come back completely. Never seen someone really exceed 12 months of not getting high or drunk unless they got a boatload of injections.
Said all this in the previous thread though.

I’m 10 and a half months off and I still can’t feel alcohol at all. I only had the initial two shots, so it’s really strange that it’s taking so long for me. I don’t even get the slightest buzz. I don’t slur my words, become uncoordinated, feel a dopamine rush, nothing. Even if I drink a whole 12 pack in one night, nothing happens. A few weeks back I went to a bar and had like 4 shots, two margaritas, and three beers, still nothing. It’s literally like drinking water. I expected by now I could at least get a small buzz, then over time it would get better. But I feel nothing at all. This shit is like a curse, feels like it’ll never end.

I can feel weed, but it’s not pre invega yet. I don’t get the euphoria where you get all goofy and can't stop laughing, you get imaginative and creative, get the munchies, etc. All that happens is I get a body high that makes me feel kinda relaxed, so I usually just smoke before bed. No dopamine rush.

Overall, I feel slightly better than I did a few months ago. Even at 7-9 months, I would still feel like I was being tortured 24/7 from the lack of dopamine and I had a lot of bad, constant suicidal thoughts. Lately, I haven’t been feeling suicidal anymore, mainly just dull, bored, and anhedonic. But I’m able to get into TV shows/movies more, and I‘ve been gaming a lot and getting kinda into it.

My last shot was January 5th. So I’ve literally spent the entire year of 2020 dealing with this. A year of my life completely wasted. I’m hoping that by Christmas I’ll be healed. That would be the greatest gift I could ever ask for.

Also, is there a way a mod can add a link to this thread at the end of the last one? I spent a week refreshing the last thread and seeing no replies before I realized it had been closed. Then I was worried the discussion had been closed down for good, but luckily I looked around and found this thread. There are probably other people wondering what’s going on, a lot of people from the last thread haven’t posted here yet.

guys i was forced to take the shot after a trip to the hospital, my mom forced me to take another one, so ive had to so far. my last injection was about 13 days ago. im moving regions so i can get away from the mental health act under which they force me to take medications, so i won't have to take anymore, i really wish i didnt let my mom force me into getting the second one even when i knew i could move and escape the court order, i regret it as it will be harmful for my recovery progress.

anyways the symptoms im experiencing now are maximum 5-6 hours of sleep per night, if even, maybe less, i can only sleep during the daytime, i fall asleep at 4-8pm and wake up at 12pm and absolutely can not fall asleep again no matter how hard i try. i wake up every 2-3 hours of sleep, multiple times a night. i cannot take naps. i have twitches which i developed after the shot. ocd type. sexual dysfucntion, boners are not as strong and dont come as easily. erections dont get maximum blood flow, feel like penis size has shrunk. overall anhedonia, lack of pleasure, lack of euphoria. i cant feel a buzz from nicotine, i tried cigarettes and they did nothing, absolutely nothing. im guessing its gonna be the same for booze and whatever else.

i have more issues which i haven't listed but i'll get to it. my most distressing symptom is the sleep part, it affects my mood and my psyche greatly i just wanna be able to sleep properly and nap. i've heard this symptom doesn't go away for a long time. does anyone have experiences with this? have u recovered from the sleep symptoms? how long does it take? please let me know as it is very important to me.

how long will it take until i can feel cigarettes again? and booze? i dont smoke weed but im guessing thats a no go too. is the damage to the receptors permanent. does invega do any sort of permanent damage at all or is it all recoverable? i havent been able to rest easy for a month now since i got the shot, longer than a month now, i have anxiety and depression all day long and can't be happy. ive been in distress since i got the shot. my life is ruined, invega ruined my life, i think about it everyday, i cant sleep, i can be happy. all i think about is the shot. i was perfectly happy and normal before the shot, my symptoms were under control. i had no side effects from the oral mediaction. then i was hospitalized for an issue unrelated to schizophrenia and they took that opportunity to section me and keep me there for 2 weeks and told me i cant leave unless i take the injection, i told the doctor i didn't want it and he came back and said its a discharge condition now. i truly feel like they ruined my life

on another note, they are forcing me to take the shots under court order now but if i leave the province then the act that makes me have to take the injections no longer applies to me anymore so im leaving the province in a week. after i leave and escape the injection, im gonna find a lawyer and try to sue the doctors who made me take this drug even though my symptoms were under control with my previous medication and i had no relapse, and was hospitalized unrelated to schizophrenia. they had to just cause to give me this injection whatsoever. i truly feel like they ruined my life. would a lawyer be able to help me? can i sue?

im just now starting my recovery journey and am still under the effects from my last shot, so i will stick around this thread for a long long time, throughout my recovery journey, ill be active here, this is my first post and its a new thread how coincidental. anyways i would be very very h]appy if you guys could answer my questions, ive been under alot of stress this past month and am lost and feeling hopeless. is there a way out?
Sorry ur on this boat man. If you smoke a Whole bowl of american spirit black tobacco through a bong u can get a intense head rush but itll only work once a day but its a horrible habit i finally quit. Cigerettes have no effect on me

So this is it....V4 on the recovery now. I used to post here a long time ago. Let me give everyone an update. I recieved one injection of Invega Sustenna 234 mg on 2-9-2018. I developed NMS (Neuroleptic Malignant Syndrome). I was running a fever, I had to be put on testosterone replacement therapy, I had muscle problems (ridgity), I suffered complete anhedonia. I had to be placed on intensive immediate therapy which included Amphetamines. I finally came off the amphetamines a month ago and my testosterone levels are back to normal. Let me tell you about Hell. One shot of this stuff will do you in to a degree. It will get better, I promise, but you should expect a certain degree of permanent anhedonia. I don't feel as creative as I used to be and I certainly have trouble doing activities I used to love (like reading). I can't read and enjoy it anymore. I still don't feel like I have access to a once huge vocabulary. So 2.75 years after the one shot and still a long way to go on recovery. My situation was unique in that my reaction was more adverse than the standard I feel like I want to die reaction. I wish everyone the best in their recovery. Don't give up hope, but don't expect to get every single little thing you lose back either. Try to be realistic. You have been injected with Cyanide, my friends.
This is hard to read man things are so freaking boring with ahedonia and it just feels like im getting used to it not getting better

Oh, nevermind.. I talked to my parents and we decided I'm gonna start taking Trintellix again. I'd rather be speechless and with Parkinson's than suicidal. At least I'm not going to suffer from now on.
I can't wait for you to get better and no longer have to deal with side effects, man.

Status
Not open for further replies.