Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have you had cycles of having less symptoms, then feeling worse over and over again during your fifth month? I'm 4.5 months off and about two weeks ago I started to feel a little bit better, so I thought it was going to be only better since then. But the hard symptoms have come back now and I kind of lost my hope, feel like I'm going to have those cycles all the time.
Not really no. It was gradual if anything.

Well, this might be the reason why you have recovered so fast, right? You've lost 20kg, so you've lost a lot of fat that was containing poison
Makes sense. But then again I was also taking a lot of St John's Wort at the time to speed up the metabolism.

Also about St. John's Wort:

The magnitude of CYP3A4 induction can be substantial. Induction becomes apparent more slowly than inhibition and it takes more time for the induction to stop affecting medicine metabolism. For example, the induction of CYP3A4 by rifampicin takes around six days to develop and 11 days to disappear.

Induction normally results in a decrease in the effect of the medicine. However, it can lead to increased toxicity if the increased metabolism of the parent compound is accompanied by an increase in exposure to a toxic metabolite.

I think it was just dopamine from the tobacco and social media. It hasn’t happened again since but I think I’ll recover quicker than most. I was getting drunk a month off of the Invega but I couldn’t get high on weed. I’ve tried to overload my dopamine receptors as much as possible with tobacco and social media. I think it’s a good strategy to stimulate your dopamine receptors

that's weird that you can get drunk but not high. good thing you can get drunk though. does alcohol lack positive effects? and stimulating your dopamine i personally don't think will do anything since your receptors are blocked. hopefully you do recover quicker than most though. that'd be a good thing to hear.

Last edited:
So I have found a single dose curve of Abilify Maintena 400 mg (I found out the graph made by myself previously was wrong), I lenghtened it in Excel using a half-life calculator and it seems that I have approximately 22 mg out of 400 left today. It says on the Internet that 400 mg is comparable to oral 20 mg. If 20 mg are 5% of 400, then 22 mg should be an equivalence of 1,1 mg given orally. The max dose is 30 mg, people usually take around 15, and 2 mg is a starting dose. What's for sure is that 1,1 mg is not so much, it is actually a really low dose, not even therapeutic. I should feel fine by now and basically any person after around 5 months should be relatively okay, since the dose after that time is ridiculously low, the same applies to Invega. So why is it that we all feel bad anyway?

And this is what I've found on the Internet
Dose-of-aripiprazole-and-ranges-of-occupancy-of-dopamine-D2-receptors.png

not sure what "caudate" and "putamen" mean, this is the first time I came across these words, lol.

One person on the schizophrenia forum wrote:

So based on that I should be ok by now, since the dose I have left in my system doesn't cause an occupancy above 50%. It's either true or I am just too dumb and I'm constantly looking for any informations that'd say that we should have recovered faster.

what's this calculator you used? i'm curious. but you could have less or more in your system since everyone metabolizes medication differently so the calculator might not be very accurate, but a rough idea. you should see if you can get some bloodwork done to check how much is actually in your system. not all physicians have the means to check all medications. like, one hospital for example could test for abilify but another hospital can't. all depends where you're at. might have to call multiple physicians.

Last edited:
Well past most of the withdrawal symptoms from discontinuing long-acting antipsychotics. Vraylar was literally heating up my internal organs so badly I thought my system was going to overheat and that I was going to burn alive.

Occasionally getting restless legs. My energy and senses are back. Occasionally I do see and feel the brain atrophy caused by these drugs. Haven't sensed it in a few days, though, so likely my kundalini energy is repairing the damage there.

what's this calculator you used? i'm curious. but you could have less or more in your system since everyone metabolizes medication differently so the calculator might not be very accurate, but a rough idea. you should see if you can get some bloodwork done to check how much is actually in your system. not all physicians have the means to check all medications. like, one hospital for example could test for abilify but another hospital can't. all depends where you're at. might have to call multiple physicians.

It's this one that I'm using. But it's probably true that this must not be accurate, since 46.5 days half-life applies only when the steady-state is reached, which in case of Abilify is after four injections. So basically I should have even less of the shot left in the system.

Obviously I'm not gonna test my blood in the hospital I've been to. I'll probably have to ask for this some other hospitals, but only when my anxiety gets lower, not right now.

It's this one that I'm using. But it's probably true that this must not be accurate, since 46.5 days half-life applies only when the steady-state is reached, which in case of Abilify is after four injections. So basically I should have even less of the shot left in the system.

Obviously I'm not gonna test my blood in the hospital I've been to. I'll probably have to ask for this some other hospitals, but only when my anxiety gets lower, not right now.

what's "steady state?" and how many injections did you get?

what's "steady state?" and how many injections did you get?

108189544_208140667147157_4592998998483007008_n.png
Cmin,ss=minimum steady-state plasma drug concentration during a dosage interval.

Steady-state concentration is the time during which the concentration of the drug in the body stays consistent. For most drugs, the time to reach steady state is four to five half-lives if the drug is given at regular intervals—no matter the number of doses, the dose size, or the dosing interval.

I just got one injection. The steady-state of Abilify Maintena is after 4-5 injections, according to the image above it's 5.

Last edited:
Hyperforin is actually an inhibitor of CYP2D6 which Paliperidone uses. Whether or not the induction of CYP3A4 outweighs the inhibition of CYP2D6 I am unsure.

I thought invega uses CYP3A4? and wouldn't an inhibitor slow down the metabolization of the drug? i mean like it'd matter. CYP2D6 is found in the liver and invega barely metabolizes by the liver. P-gp is what we should be concerned about.

Last edited:
An enzyme inhibitor does slow down the metabolization of drugs. The CYP2D6 should be my concern, not yours, since aripiprazole is metabolized by the liver. Sucks. Now I don't know if it's safe to use St John's Wort in my case.

If I could sleep all day and night I would. Waking up to this shit everyday sucks. I wish we could sleep until we recover. I don’t feel deep sleep and I don’t feel tired at night either. I just hate my life right now. I’m going threw so much and none of my family understands how damaging this is.
I feel the same way I wake up and wish I could go back to sleep every morning

To John - I think I have found a proper St. John's Wort, it's called Jarsin 300 and the producent claims that it contains 3-5% of hyperforin. It's a German product, but it should be available in the States. I suppose you're from there. I'll consider buying this myself, the world belongs to the brave. I'd take two tablets a day and I'd try not to go out during sunny days. One guy on another forum said that speeding up metabolism shouldn't make the side effects worse and that it's probably going to be effective in clearing the drug out of our systems faster without problems.

it's just some chemicals in your body and i hear 2-4mg leaves your body a day. it won't last forever. our body gets rid of old chemicals for new chemicals every day so everyday is progress, but it's gradual and slow with invega since i heard from janssen its supposed to stay in your system for 6 months. it's just a matter of how many shots you had at what mg. you get a shot every month when it lasts 6 months (ineffectively after the first) so it just piles up in your system. alot of people report a difference at, if they're not healed 6-8 months in. just be patient. idk why you wouldn't want to believe in recovery but if my countless hours of searching for answers doesn't help, so be it.
I got 2 shots at 154 mgs should it take longer than 6 months to leave my system?

To John - I think I have found a proper St. John's Wort, it's called Jarsin 300 and the producent claims that it contains 3-5% of hyperforin. It's a German product, but it should be available in the States. I suppose you're from there. I'll consider buying this myself, the world belongs to the brave. I'd take two tablets a day and I'd try not to go out during sunny days. One guy on another forum said that speeding up metabolism shouldn't make the side effects worse and that it's probably going to be effective in clearing the drug out of our systems faster without problems.
some pretty spendy stuff. st john's wort should naturally have like 4%-5% hyperforin though. i don't think it's an additive.

I got 2 shots at 154 mgs should it take longer than 6 months to leave my system?

it could. alot of people recover at like 6 months though but there's many others that take longer than that. i can't tell you forsure if it'll be out before, during, or after 6 months. everybody is different. but a graph i know shows that one 156mg takes like 36 weeks to get out of your system. depends on your metabolism if it'll be out before or after 36 weeks but that's a rough estimate.

Status
Not open for further replies.