Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have the same "cement" feeling in my head, you describe it well. I got two injections, 234 mg on March 31 and 156 mg April 6. Did this heavy-headedness go away for people?

edited to add, it's actually this sandbag head feeling that scares me the most, I worry it's the sensation of dead brain tissue or pressure from brain shrinkage :( would love to hear from people who experience brain strain or weird tightness/pressure in their head or as Blake put it a cemented in brain feeling
My husband had a pain in the front part of his head that he would complain of.

I’m only posting monthly updates on this site. I am at month 5 and I can say cigarettes no longer taste like death to me. I can watch a movie and listen to music again, but it is not even close to pre invega. My brain does not feel heavy anymore or foggy. My desire for sex is coming back and I actually want to have sex. Before month 5 I hated sex, but now I think about it which is a good thing. So since I had desire for sex i wanted to try it so last week I had sex and I can say I can feel it more than I did the first 5 months. I mean it’s nothing like pre invega but I felt a change inside me. I felt like I wanted to orgasm but it never happen but it felt like I almost did. Now the first 5 months I couldn’t feel this sensation so I do believe I will recover my sex drive. I get turned on now by guys which it took 5 months before I wanted sex damn that’s along damn time. I just wish I could cum. I will try again next week. I’m actually on my period now lol. I started my period at month 3. Oh, honestly I still feel like shit everyday. Last week I had severe depression that I wanted to end my life. It’s a damn struggle even after 5 months.
I have notice small improvements nothing big. So I hope I can make it to see me recover one day. I will post monthly updates guys. I still read this thread everyday and I mean everyday all day. I will see you at month 6. Godspeed
You are on your way to recovery. You will keep getting better. Stay strong.

I'm putting my Faith and trust in GOD and JESUS CHRIST to heal me through prayer. If it is their will and plan for me to be healed than ok. I am trying to live life on HARD but have GOD and JESUS CHRIST and daily communication with them through prayer. I am vaping e juice to try and fire up the receptors again and walking daily. PRAYER will yield great results I belive.

Small update: Noticed I can talk a lot better now, still can’t start a conversation or keep it going though, Godbless

I know I said I will be back at month 6 to post, but I’m just wondering if anyone else has a body odor that they didn’t have before invega. I’ve notice my voice is damn different and my body smell. Does anyone else experience body odor and voice change? Did it get better? I’m scared I’m going to sound and smell like shit forever. Damn it damn it damn it.

I know I said I will be back at month 6 to post, but I’m just wondering if anyone else has a body odor that they didn’t have before invega. I’ve notice my voice is damn different and my body smell. Does anyone else experience body odor and voice change? Did it get better? I’m scared I’m going to sound and smell like shit forever. Damn it damn it damn it

I know I said I will be back at month 6 to post, but I’m just wondering if anyone else has a body odor that they didn’t have before invega. I’ve notice my voice is damn different and my body smell. Does anyone else experience body odor and voice change? Did it get better? I’m scared I’m going to sound and smell like shit forever. Damn it damn it damn it
yes I’m experiencing this now my voice hasn’t been the same since the shot and the body odor is weird

The elephant in the room is the drugs knock out your receptors. How can receptors magically heal? They dont. It knocks outthe most vital part of living and psyxhatrists dont give a crap. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$

Today, 5 months off for me.
I’m starting to feel small improvements..I have a normal apetite ( I gave up on bread,potatoes,sugar,rice..I eat vegetables,eggs,and good meat..from time to time I eat a slice of bread but once a week or so), lost some belly fat but not all of it ( I was skinny all my life, but you know..zyprexa,risperidone 3-4 months and after that, 3 shots of satan juice), I have some moments when it feels that a boost of dopamine is present in my brain like I feel very positive.
The thing is that, for me, getting out of bed when I wake up is still horrible..I mean seriously it’s like I was unconscious for a long period of time and I’m trying to wake up..how this shit can repeat morning after morning ( or you got it..when I wake up..because most of the days I can’t even get up before 11 am..and I fall asleep at 1-2 am, lucky me that I don’t have to work or go to school rn until october) even after 5 months off it’s scandalous, feels like I’m on the shots for God sake!
Anyway, it’s good that I’m not in zombie mode anymore..I still feel weak and dont’t have that energy spark like before and God knows when that will return, or if will return completely.
Overall, I try to ignore everything that happened/ is hapenning ( the symptoms) and just go with the flow, but you know...if you still feel muscle twitching few times during the day after 5 months off, you question yourself some things..oh and forgot to mention about anhedonia, it didn’t dissapeared completely..very frustrating.
I know that in a few months I will have major improvements because I’m 21, had (and I think I still have) a very fast metabolism and my brain is in an important development period so recovery is possible, I believe, especially that many others stated this many times.
See you next months with updates. Be positive!

It’s been 2 months since my second shot. I requested my hospital records and learned my first shot was 234 mg, not 156 mg as I previously thought. My psychiatrist said 390 (234 + 156) mg in 6 days isn’t overdosing for someone my size (110 lbs, have since gained weight) because the dosage is calculated by brain size and apparently my brain is the same as a large man’s? That doesn’t sound right to me.
My period stopped. For the most part the akathisia stopped, and I stopped drooling at night, yay.
Reading all 3 threads (more like skimming) I really think I’m a negative outlier and my situation is worse than others’ in terms of cognitive impairment, as I can’t read or watch TV and not because I’ve lost interest but because I literally can’t process it—the rate of speech and images is too high, or I zone out reading a single sentence and can’t follow what i'm reading. I can feel my brain straining to take it all in. My problems are cognitive. It feels like all the Invega seeped into my brain and part of it is gone, and I’m too messed up in the head to even experience/notice anhedonia which I know is most of your guys’ main concern. I can feel my brain all the time, a pressure in my head. I get disoriented a lot. My thought process is all scrambled. Speaking takes effort. Idk if body odor has changed. Twice I took adderall to feel halfway normal in terms of expressing myself more but both times it gave me a headache afterward.
I wonder how this compares to having a stroke, in terms of damage and recovery. I’m getting a referral to see a neurologist, but idk how much neurology can help a fried brain.
Feeling hopeless but thought I’d share anyway. I enjoy reading your posts and hearing of your progress :) thanks

Today, 5 months off for me.
I’m starting to feel small improvements..I have a normal apetite ( I gave up on bread,potatoes,sugar,rice..I eat vegetables,eggs,and good meat..from time to time I eat a slice of bread but once a week or so), lost some belly fat but not all of it ( I was skinny all my life, but you know..zyprexa,risperidone 3-4 months and after that, 3 shots of satan juice), I have some moments when it feels that a boost of dopamine is present in my brain like I feel very positive.
The thing is that, for me, getting out of bed when I wake up is still horrible..I mean seriously it’s like I was unconscious for a long period of time and I’m trying to wake up..how this shit can repeat morning after morning ( or you got it..when I wake up..because most of the days I can’t even get up before 11 am..and I fall asleep at 1-2 am, lucky me that I don’t have to work or go to school rn until october) even after 5 months off it’s scandalous, feels like I’m on the shots for God sake!
Anyway, it’s good that I’m not in zombie mode anymore..I still feel weak and dont’t have that energy spark like before and God knows when that will return, or if will return completely.
Overall, I try to ignore everything that happened/ is hapenning ( the symptoms) and just go with the flow, but you know...if you still feel muscle twitching few times during the day after 5 months off, you question yourself some things..oh and forgot to mention about anhedonia, it didn’t dissapeared completely..very frustrating.
I know that in a few months I will have major improvements because I’m 21, had (and I think I still have) a very fast metabolism and my brain is in an important development period so recovery is possible, I believe, especially that many others stated this many times.
See you next months with updates. Be positive!
I feel this exactly. I had major high energy and libido and am off 5 months and am on month 6 off 2 shots 234mg and 156mg
at this point I feel like most the symptoms are gone like (no libido, bad sleep, back pain, suicidal thoughts, anhedonia, smelling weird, weird appetite) But as of last week I feel loads better like I can feel the little bit of dopamine I have and I’m more energetic like I was pre-invega.

The only thing I would say that I still feel is low libido but at least it’s not completely shut off now its just I have to try to get hard instead of feeling it easily.

and also slowness but not to the point where I’m bedlocked and not doing anything the whole day

I would say recovery is possible it just takes a long ass time, but right now I’m about 80%

Status
Not open for further replies.