Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Staying busy and seeking novelty will certainly help to some extent. Better than staying idle.

Staying busy and seeking novelty will certainly help to some extent. Better than staying idle.
I’ve developed this crazy anxiety from all of this... like its hard for me to leave the house. I also feel completely drained everyday which leads to no motivation. Shit sucks... I wouldn’t want someone like myself to work for my business...

Sekio...
have you ever heard of testosterone levels dropping because of psychosis/mania?? my testosterone level was 350 in March and I’m only 24 they said it was lower than that when I was at the hospital... Would antipsychotics drop your T levels immediately?

This review notes that sexual dysfunction is common, but may not neccesarily be linked to testosterone:
Gonadal hormone levels were normally distributed in the men (table 2). Hyperprolactinemia was present in nine (19.1% ) men. Thirteen men (27.7% ) had total testosterone levels below the lower limit of the normal range, and two (4.2% ) had free testosterone levels below this range.

Another article: Antipsychotic medications increase PRL, decrease testosterone, and increase sexual side effects, including ejaculatory dysfunction. The greatest evidence is for chlorpromazine, haloperidol, reserpine, risperidone, and thioridazine, with less effects seen with aripiprazole and clozapine.

This says: After a mean period of 44.6 d treatment, patients were taking a mean dose of 7.0 mg risperidone daily. After treatment, we found that [...] thescores on psychosocial and motivation/energy subscales in the Japanese version of the Schizophrenia Quality of Life Scale decreased, but the scores on symptoms/side-effects subscale did not,

Who would have thought, antipsychotics decrease quality of life?

There is some evidence that adding testosterone to antipsychotics can help with these effects.

Is this the first improvement you've noticed since coming off the shots? I had 12 shots so I'm just looking for a rough indicator of when I might start to notice improvement. I'm also sleeping a lot more than before invega.
This is the first improvement I've noticed with certainty since coming off the shots. I said a few months ago that I may have been noticing other improvements. However, I don't have certainty about them and now I question whether I noticed any of those improvements at all.

Just a question for everyone especially if your suffering from anhedonia and thoughtlessness. I was given four injections in total but I was on invega tablets for quite a period before and even after my injections. I was slurring and slow couldn’t speak and was having I am still to this day, but I noticed this within the first days of my injections, the event where I got anhedonia and can’t enjoy music was suddenly for me, one night I woke up mid sleep I felt something in me just like crack like my spirit broke away... I woke up the next morning unable to listen to music, anhedonia ect, did this happen to anyone else?

Has anyone tried any substances lately? I find that this is a good way to judge if the receptors are working.

I don’t smoke cigarettes, but I bought some just to see what would happen. I smoked one and I got an instant headrush, which I guess was a nicotine/tobacco overload. There was definitely a noticeable effect. I was also smoking hookah at a friend’s place the other day, and I could feel the effects every time I took a hit of the hookah.

I tried caffeine again recently. I’ve been trying it sporadically for the last few months and haven’t felt much. The most recent time, I felt a mild effect. It had me stimulated for a short while. Later that night, I ended up wired and couldn’t sleep. So the caffeine was definitely keeping me up.

I tried Adderall as well. Before all of this, I was actually prescribed Adderall for ADHD, so I know how it feels normally. The effect was very mild compared to before, but I definitely felt something. I could feel the extra dopamine flowing through my brain and I felt more normal. I ended up being awake all night afterwards though.

I’m 4 months off two shots.

If brain chemistry is always changing the best thing to do is kickstart the receptors with responsible dopamine drugs. Adderall, tobacco, etc etc. If the neuroplasticity occurs it means that drugs like adderall will restart those receptors that have been clogged for so long.

People here need some hope in recovery so please guys stop with the disheartening talk. I remember logging back into this account to give some of you hope that you can recover basing that on my own recovery.

As I already mentioned before, I recovered 4 years just 6 months after stopping the shots. It doesn't take very long to get out of your system and for you to feel normal again. Believe me recovery is 100% POSSIBLE. I hit the gym and took some st. John's wort occasionally. Ever since I recovered, my thoughts came back and I was able to resume work (which I previously couldn't do on Invega). My libido came back and I enjoyed some pretty sexual experiences. Food tastest great. Alcohol has an effect and so do cigarettes. The joy for life comes back so anyone saying you can't recover is plain lying to you!

Last edited by a moderator:
does it? it is like before? when you get drunk is it the same thing?
what about taobacco? does it give you a rush?
im scared of never recoverying.

Okay. Let's keep to what we know. There's no chemical that will "suck out" Invega from the body. Please don't mislead people like that.

To a lot of people here: you owe it to yourself to not worry too much. I know it's not easy. It takes practice, and isn't a natural reflex of many of us. But once you're there, you're ready for more advanced recovery.

What people dont understand is once the medicine is gone our receptors and brain chemistry will be gone to shit. Actually, the best thing to probably do after one year to FIRE back up the receptors is too probably do lots of adderall, smoke, maybe even take LSD and mushrooms to rewire the brain chemistry and start FLOODING the receptors so they start back up because after invega the brain chemistry will have adapted to very low brain chemicals. Maybe taking lots of drugs will help curb the damage done by anti psychotics once the poison has left.
Lol I have a funny feeling your going to be getting the shot again in the future

I don't think I will do the drugs unfortunately I yelled outside in public so now the general belief is I am mentally ill and people can just call the cops and say I jumped in front of traffic.
I am not going to do them I just don't want to be in in vega sustena my life feels robbed.

I don't think I will do the drugs unfortunately I yelled outside in public so now the general belief is I am mentally ill and people can just call the cops and say I jumped in front of traffic.
I am not going to do them I just don't want to be in in vega sustena my life feels robbed.
So you don’t believe you were acting out of the ordinary in any type of way dude? Didn’t you mention you were yelling at GOD? The average person might find this to be a little off just saying.

I understand that. No I was delivering a message from God to the people about the evils of New Age Satanism

Nope. Throughout the history of the world God chose people to deliver messages of purity. Like Moses. TITUS from the Bible used to walk around town saying that if you have shit on your clothes your an abomination. I am sure he was gang stalked too.

Nope. Throughout the history of the world God chose people to deliver messages of purity. Like Moses. TITUS from the Bible used to walk around town saying that if you have shit on your clothes your an abomination. I am sure he was gang stalked too.
Haha your funny! What’s your plan the next time he decides to choose you? Like in 5 years from now he says to go run naked in public and tell people that clothes are no essential items.

Status
Not open for further replies.