Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi everybody, I’m new here,I’m 21, English is not my main language but i’ll try to do my best. Last year in May i had a drug induced psychotic episode in Romania(my country) and i came in Germany at my mom to get help(i didn t had any hallucinations just paranoia). Here i was in hospital for 1 month(July) and they gave me Olanzapin and Risperidon. I took them until December and then i switched to Xeplion ( Invega Sustenna). I got the loading dose 150mg,after one week 100 and on 7 January 75mg. I agreed with my Romanian psychiatrist from here that i will take 2 more shots (50mg,25mg and then stop) but I just don’t want to take them anymore because i’m not feeling good I have all kind of negative symptoms that were said on this threads. Please tell me if it’s ok to stop the injections from 75mg suddenly. I’m already sad because of the fact that I will have to wait so many months to get out of my body..my pdoc should tell me that before i got the shots. I also want to talk on the PM with somebody that went through this ..if anybody wants to help me

Last edited:
Hi everybody, I’m new here,I’m 21, English is not my main language but i’ll try to do my best. Last year in May i had a drug induced psychotic episode in Romania(my country) and i came in Germany at my mom to get help(i didn t had any hallucinations just paranoia). Here i was in hospital for 1 month(July) and they gave me Olanzapin and Risperidon. I took them until December and then i switched to Xeplion ( Invega Sustenna). I got the loading dose 150mg,after one week 100 and on 7 January 75mg. I agreed with my Romanian psychiatrist from here that i will take 2 more shots (50mg,25mg and then stop) but I just don’t want to take them anymore because i’m not feeling good I have all kind of negative symptoms that were said on this threads. Please tell me if it’s ok to stop the injections from 75mg suddenly. I’m already sad because of the fact that I will have to wait so many months to get out of my body..my pdoc should tell me that before i got the shots. I also want to talk on the PM with somebody that went through this ..if anybody wants to help me
First of all, medical advice is not something we offer on this forum.
If your doctor is only to have you get another two shots, then it is advisable to go with your doctor's requests. Coming off the shots can be a painful withdrawal experience for some. For others, like in your case, it might be just a smooth ride. Time will tell and if anything goes wrong, alert your doctor and they will at least be able to advise a solution for the withdrawal symptoms. That solution does not necessarily mean going back on Xeplion. There are alternatives to coming off a medication. Cold Turkey (abruptly stopping a medication) is inadvisable unless your doctor has given you the okay.

In hind sight, most people don't suffer withdrawal in coming off long-acting antipsychotics as they gradually get out of your system anyway. The side effects have been unbearable for all of us and I can sense you are afraid or worried, but that will pass when you start to feel the medication not working on you as hard. Average for coming off two or three shots is probably at least a year for a lot of people to feel better.

I'm sorry you were prescribed this. But this will be an opportunity for you to grow and learn as much about your paranoia as you can. I myself have troubles with paranoia on rare occasions. The thing about managing your thoughts is you are the one who is in control and sometimes a belief and thought system that is not structured not to who you want to be, can be hazardous to your mental health. So just try to stay calm and learn about ways to improve your condition if you can.

First of all, medical advice is not something we offer on this forum.
If your doctor is only to have you get another two shots, then it is advisable to go with your doctor's requests. Coming off the shots can be a painful withdrawal experience for some. For others, like in your case, it might be just a smooth ride. Time will tell and if anything goes wrong, alert your doctor and they will at least be able to advise a solution for the withdrawal symptoms. That solution does not necessarily mean going back on Xeplion. There are alternatives to coming off a medication. Cold Turkey (abruptly stopping a medication) is inadvisable unless your doctor has given you the okay.

In hind sight, most people don't suffer withdrawal in coming off long-acting antipsychotics as they gradually get out of your system anyway. The side effects have been unbearable for all of us and I can sense you are afraid or worried, but that will pass when you start to feel the medication not working on you as hard. Average for coming off two or three shots is probably at least a year for a lot of people to feel better.

I'm sorry you were prescribed this. But this will be an opportunity for you to grow and learn as much about your paranoia as you can. I myself have troubles with paranoia on rare occasions. The thing about managing your thoughts is you are the one who is in control and sometimes a belief and thought system that is not structured not to who you want to be, can be hazardous to your mental health. So just try to stay calm and learn about ways to improve your condition if you can.

Thanks iridescentblack for your attention but I really can’t take them anymore..Paranoia is not a problem for me anymore, I’m normal ..but a few times I had a strange walk like my muscles got very hard and I have a pain in the right leg for a few months..can’t move my right leg fast..I feel so bad because of them and I don’t need them anymore..also I have next Tuesday an appointment with the doctor and I will tell him that I want to quit the shots, I’ll see what’s going to say. But is there anybody who stopped at 75mg and was ok after that? I really want to talk more with someone who went through this and can support me a little.

Last edited:
One day, antipsychotics will be seen as ridiculous as lobotomy, but I might be dead when it happens. This form of torture will be stopped, and it’s proponents will be seen as delusional. Justice will be served, maybe if not for me.

Hallo Tina! Versuche ReCardio, es wird gegen hohen Blutdruck angepriesen, mir hat es ein Stück geholfen nach 1,5 Wochen, ich hoffe, es wird noch mehr mit der Zeit.

So I now I'm a 100% snapped back I know I repeat my self and I do it cuz I know I didn't wanna sift through old pages myself..

I'm noticing more and more and wanna get out and socialize with the ladies now I actually hold my intreste in what there saying, I get a natural high talking/ hitting on a beautiful chick, I feel alive again.. I crave connecting now.

I was locked out of my emotions for so long some feelings almost feel new, kinda like a virgins excitment for sex. Any way just update my statues

I mentioned this before but towards the end of the year mark I started forming my morning routine and at first it felt pointless but as months went by it got easier and easier, then one day I noticed I wanted to look my best it felt good

1-20-20... 1year and 5 months off invega sustenna
7 injections
156 dose

Currently do no meds
I drink beer to get drunk occasionally

I can feel euphoria from cigs and booze big time

1 more thing I came off invega cold Turkey and had no negative side effects

Last edited:
Hey guys are there recovery stories from invega sustenna? I got this stuff almost 5 years ago and i suffer from high anxiety (very bad), crying spells and tiredness....nothing has improved i take zopiclone and quetiapine as well.... dr ann blake tracy told me to get off these medications so i can start healing. but if i get off i cant stand the effects invega gave me..... can somebody give me an advise? i think this stays forever in my body and i will never heal......

I also have bad anxiety. Remember this, control what u can and let go of what u cant apply that logic to ur anxiety thought.. oh and I found out when I can't control my anxiety it like my brain gets tired of the thought and let's it go on it's own, it uncomfortable as fucking hell but it always passes

Hi guys, first post here. I was given the loading doses and my last shot was December 7 2019. I have the typical symptoms...most notably Anhedonia and sexual dysfunction.

I ended up in the hospital from December 15-January 16 and was given 10mg of Zyprexa and 1200mg of Lithium for the duration. I can't comment on the side effects of the Zyprexa (other than bloating) because I was already in Invega hell and didn't feel any different. I stopped taking the Zyprexa since I left the hopsital but still taking the Lithium as I'm getting blood tested for that every 2 weeks

Does anyone know if the Zyprexa or the Lithium will delay my recovery from Invega? Since Zyprexa give similar side effects, I'm worried this decreases my chances of recovery since my brain has to recover from 2 different AP.

Welcome to Bluelight @invuns!

Not sure about the answer to your question, but i am sure someone will help you out.

Good luck in recovery - it does happen.

Important and interesting read, new research shows in certain cases pyschotic episodes may be autoimmune and dopamine antagonizing medication like paliperidone and risperidal are not the medical pro's appropriate response and will only make matters much worse: https://autoimmune-encephalitis.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/06/AE-is-refactory-to-antipsychotics.pdf

You can be tested for this.

Also, blood results came back and I tested negative for paliperidone in my blood 9 months since previous injection of 75mg (5 shots total 150+100+75x3) I was 165lb and now I weigh 185lb. Still dealing with muscle rigidty in lower back/trunk, lower body as well as a bit in upper body, jaw, neck, arms. Can't nap. Can sleep tho I wake up every 4-5 hours. Other problems as well less signficant. Mentally/emotionally normal, stable, no paranoia. I have been tested for many autoimmune diseases and had a lot of blood work. Still waiting results tho about 90% came back normal with the exception of my b12 levels trending upward and being a bit high, 750 and in one occurrence my creatine kinase levels a bit high, 600

Last edited:
Hi guys, first post here. I was given the loading doses and my last shot was December 7 2019. I have the typical symptoms...most notably Anhedonia and sexual dysfunction.

I ended up in the hospital from December 15-January 16 and was given 10mg of Zyprexa and 1200mg of Lithium for the duration. I can't comment on the side effects of the Zyprexa (other than bloating) because I was already in Invega hell and didn't feel any different. I stopped taking the Zyprexa since I left the hopsital but still taking the Lithium as I'm getting blood tested for that every 2 weeks

Does anyone know if the Zyprexa or the Lithium will delay my recovery from Invega? Since Zyprexa give similar side effects, I'm worried this decreases my chances of recovery since my brain has to recover from 2 different AP.
Lithium should not have any effect on your recovery, except in the rare case of Lithium toxicity. Blood tested every 2 weeks? That seems odd. I was tested every six months.

5.5 months off. Feeling better to be honest. Had the worst anxiety today. I think that is the medication leaving my body and withdrawals tbh. I noticed I feel much less anhedonia. The depression just doesn’t occur to me like it used to.

5.5 months off. Feeling better to be honest. Had the worst anxiety today. I think that is the medication leaving my body and withdrawals tbh. I noticed I feel much less anhedonia. The depression just doesn’t occur to me like it used to.QUOTE.

@Jonnyhalo I use to get bad anxiety like debilitating, the worst thing was I couldn't distract my self nothing could hold my attention, invega was hell on earth for me.
Stuck in my head, In a constant state of boredom, no euphoria

So I have been still noticing little bit of my personality coming back, now I'm competent and my posture has changed i have my alpha swagger again.. fuck i was beta for a year and half..

Feels nice

Think a little something happened today. I was sitting in bed and got a small burst of dopamine. Listened to a few songs and got more enjoyment out of them. It didn't last too long but afterwards I still feel a slightly higher baseline and a tiny bit less anhedonic. Also was able to masturbate more than once today and discharged sperm as opposed to the watery nonsense from before.

I read somewhere that recovery comes gradually...so I hope this is a step in the right direction.

Think a little something happened today. I was sitting in bed and got a small burst of dopamine. Listened to a few songs and got more enjoyment out of them. It didn't last too long but afterwards I still feel a slightly higher baseline and a tiny bit less anhedonic. Also was able to masturbate more than once today and discharged sperm as opposed to the watery nonsense from before.

I read somewhere that recovery comes gradually...so I hope this is a step in the right direction.
One of the first major improvements I’ve noticed is the return of my sexual functions after around 3 or 4 months. Thankfully it recovered fully! I am even recently able to get max blood flow into my penis again. It was so miserable losing the ability to feel sexual pleasure on top of depression. By the return of my sexual functions I know for sure that there is at least a recovery process. I’ve read a few people mentioning that around 6 months they feel a difference. I’m 5.5 months off and I’m hoping for that same improvement. Just a little something to know that I am improving. That was great information earlier from the guy posting his blood work thanks for that. I had around the same amount of shots and it is great to hear that Invega is not detectable in the bloodstream after 9 months of being discontinued. So that’s for reporting that to us. It seems all the recovery stories that I’ve read most people seem to recover in 9 to 11 months. Hang in there guys.
Can we hear a little more from you JohnnyHalo? Can you tell us again how long it took you to recover and what was it like recovering? And how are you now?

I’m glad that you are feeling better Jonny! invuns you are on the right road to recovery! Hope we will get more recovery stories soon and updates from the members! I had an appointment today with my doctor and we agreed to stop the shots. Now,my road to recovery starts from here..had my last shot on 7 January..hope I will get better soon

Status
Not open for further replies.