Mental Health Coming off Invega Sustenna (Paliperidone) v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hey guys so I'm sure everyone here knows invega has 5 to 6 half lives and 25 to 49 day per half life so I went by the 6 and 49 days but that's like a year so I have a hunch it takes a year to leave the body..

Now I have a drug history and and rehabe taught me it takes the brain 3 month to rewire it self to it's natural state after drug use, aswell as creating new habits.

Today for the first time in a year and a few months I had a spontaneous urge to masterbate I know that sounds like to much info but hey my shit hasn't quit worked right yet, I said Im functional sexually, not giddy quiet yet, o and I finally had a deep emotional cry yesterday, I think sense I'm 3 months after a year I'm getting more sensitivity emotionally.

Now there was a guy in here back when I joined named invegauser and he said he took 5 years to fully recover that's a sucky timeline but this shit is the most heavy duty drug I have ever encountered. I think for me any way I just be good by the end of 2020. Me personally I'm gonna call it by the 2 year mark.

I honestly thought I was healed as I would get, but I keep noticing little things emotionally..

@lifeline I hope ur eating well rounded meals and taking a multivitamin, u wont get better unless u give ur self a fighting chance..

I know u didn't ask for advice, but I practice what I'm tellin ya..

Now this could be bad advice I drink now and again, and drinking makes ya emotional try a 40oz of old E, u might be pleasantly suprised..

But I'm just some guy on the internet, do what u feel is right

Last edited:
@lifeline how many shots did u get? I had 7 and 156 dose.. try this u might feel better, now me personally stepped away from BL for a while and I put invega in the back of my mind I tried to for get about it and just let time pass, then i tried engaging in hobbies and connecting with friends about 10 months off and i noticed that things captured my intrestes again, my issue is although I feel better and intrestes in things has came back it didn't feel as intense, but I'm just now recognizing more emotional sensitivity... just step away from invega thoughts that shit will depress the shit out of u, it did me.. and try and do active things or something to stimulate thoughts like read, for me I like watching the history channel

Hello i Come back for Say im doing little bit better its been 9month im off and its hard little bit motivation light émotion good sexuality takecare all the people i know its hard really hard but with the Time Can be ok i see Zach come-back in this forum dont believe him he take Again injection stupid Guy bye

Hey just wanted to share that I’m trying some medication now to counter invega. Starting out mild, on Benadryl for a couple days 25mgx3 and just upped to 50mgx3. It is helping with sleep and relaxing my mind very significantly. Not causing drowsiness or dry mouth. Not helping with physical symptoms though. I have also recently developed a very small tremor in my fingers similar in nature and relative in intensity to what I had in the hospital on the medication about 10 months ago. As well im having the odd muscle spasm at night. Apparently Benadryl will help with muscle spasms. Hoping I’m going through withdrawals that will pass.

Likely going to try Wellbutrin in coming weeks. Have read it helps with Parkinson problems. Also read you should not try it with saint johns wort or anything serotonin inhibiting. Read more here: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5052961/

Update*** 50mg of benadryl is causing significant drowsiness going to retract back to 25mg and probably discontinue with a couple days. It was recommended to try this as a why not to potential allergic reaction

Last edited:
Well I'm glade I can help, it damn near killed I feel like I lost a year of my life and I thought of suicide often, I'm glade it's over, I started to feel better about 9 to 10 months off, I noticed I started to like music again while driving to work, then I tried watching tv again I was amazed a tv show held my attention, then I thought ok I'll try the new black ops and I was interested in the game played the shit out of zombies.. and all about the same time I started to crack jokes at work and started feeling proud of my self for completing complex tasks for customers, but the very first thing I noticed was my sex drive returning about 8 months off, I started nailin chicks again....

Now I know people here ligit need a med but invega is like killing someone but leaving em alive, I'll always remember it.. fuck I'll never touch any kind of street drugs again. It's like being in hell I thought, i would be around hot chicks and not feel the butterflies or get turned on and everything just felt pointless no gratification in anything. I was struggling to remember what made me me, couldn't connect with people I lost interest in talking, didn't have opinions, didn't care about anything..

Worst thing is we all cant sue em.. i know I'm a little spiteful thinking about recovering from this garbage, but only people here understand
Why can't we sue? Not even the manufacturer or the court ordered treatment.

So guys had. Kind of a meltdown today. I’m closing in on the 500 day mark with no improvement. It’s pretty unbelievable at this point. I don’t know what to do. I’ve waited with time but it’s still wearing on me as if I received an injection 3 weeks ago. I’m frustrated and my confidence is crushed. I know everyone heals at different times but I was hoping I’d be better by now. Y’all pray for me. It’s only 8 weeks left in this decade and I truly didn’t want to go into the next year like this. I don’t know a doctor that could help. I feel like my life was ruined. I really don’t want to hurt myself but I’m afraid of the future. I have a huge job interview tomorrow but I’m not excited about it.
Do u suffer from akathesia or deep deppresion? What exactly is wrong with you? Let me know thx

So guys had. Kind of a meltdown today. I’m closing in on the 500 day mark with no improvement. It’s pretty unbelievable at this point. I don’t know what to do. I’ve waited with time but it’s still wearing on me as if I received an injection 3 weeks ago. I’m frustrated and my confidence is crushed. I know everyone heals at different times but I was hoping I’d be better by now. Y’all pray for me. It’s only 8 weeks left in this decade and I truly didn’t want to go into the next year like this. I don’t know a doctor that could help. I feel like my life was ruined. I really don’t want to hurt myself but I’m afraid of the future. I have a huge job interview tomorrow but I’m not excited about it.

It might just have to do with how your self esteem has been crushed. Your receptors may be fine after all. Forced drugging can trigger depression and anxiety, which itself can rewire your brain.

”Downregulation of post-synaptic 5-HT2A receptor is an adaptive process provoked by chronic administration of selective serotonin reuptake inhibitors (SSRIs) and classical antipsychotics. Suicidal and otherwise depressed patients have had more 5-HT2A receptors than normal patients. Paradoxical down-regulation of 5-HT2A receptors can be observed with several 5-HT2A antagonists.”

”Initial biochemical studies reported that St John's wort is only a weak inhibitor of monoamine oxidase-A and -B activity but that it inhibits the synaptosomal uptake of serotonin, dopamine and noradrenaline (norepinephrine) with approximately equal affinity. However, other in vitro binding assays carried out using St John's wort extract demonstrated significant affinity for adenosine, GABA(A), GABA(B) and glutamate receptors. In vivo St John's wort extract leads to a downregulation of beta-adrenergic receptors and an upregulation of serotonin 5-HT(2) receptors in the rat frontal cortex and causes changes in neurotransmitter concentrations in brain areas that are implicated in depression.”

I’ve been using St. John’s Wort for roughly a week now. I’m taking 875 mgs a day. I’ve noticed a positive change in mood and creativity. I’ve began to produce music again and I can feel the passion again. Although I consumed shrooms 3 times a week ago, and had an amazing experience on the third trip. I experienced a complete ego-death and that definately changed the way I view the world. I would say I’m 95% the person I was before the injections. Got injected twice, roughly 10 months ago. I’m not sure if it’s the shrooms or SJW, or both in combination, but I can clearly feel a change in cognition, in a positive manner.

SJW upregulates the serotonin 2A receptors which paliperidone antagonizes and downregulates and psilocybin and psilocin found in shrooms are agonists of that particular receptor type. The first trip I had last week had dulled visual effects, and I came to a conclusion I still had paliperidone left in me, because the lack of visuals indicated that the 5HT-2A receptors were still partially antagonized by paliperidone. Visual effects of shrooms are caused by the agonism of those receptors. But the second and third trip I had, were one of the most visual trips I’ve ever had, and believe me, I’ve used psychedelics for a good bit. The cause of my psychosis was streetspeed, which probably contained some research chemicals instead of amphetamine + long-acting counterfeit benzos, so the psychedelics are not to blame here.

So anyway, I just wanted to share my experience with these compunds and I’m not suggesting anyone to do the same. However, if you decide to not listen to me, remember to do your research before trying anything new. Psychedelics may not be good at all for people who are suffering/have suffered from psychotic conditions. Also SJW will speed up the metabolism of roughly 95% of synthetic drugs on the market, make sure to remember that. On top of the P-glycoprotein induction, which basically speeds up the removal of foreign substances (paliperidone) through the cell membrane, SJW has mild to moderate anti-depressant effects, which I’ve certainly noticed. I’m also mixing some Rhodiola in my coffee which makes receptors more sensitive to dopamine and serotonin. Basically enhances the effect of these neurotransmitters. After seeing the video I linked above, I’m going to include the Lion’s Mane extract and psilocybin microdoses in my ”stack” as well and see how that affects me.

Peace! ✌

E: I did a little bit more research and found this;

Paliperidone antagonizes serotonin 1A, 2A, 2C, 6 and 7, as seen above.

However, psilocybin and psilocin show agonist affinity for all of the receptors that paliperidone antagonizes. For some receptors the affinity is much stronger, so it should somewhat counteract the antagonization.

”5-HT1A receptor activation has been shown to increase dopamine release in the medial prefrontal cortex, striatum, and hippocampus, and may be useful for improving the symptoms of schizophrenia and Parkinson's disease.[38][39] As mentioned above, some of the atypical antipsychotics are 5-HT1A receptor partial agonists, and this property has been shown to enhance their clinical efficacy.[38][40][41] Enhancement of dopamine release in these areas may also play a major role in the antidepressant and anxiolytic effects seen upon postsynaptic activation of the 5-HT1A receptor.[42][43]
Activation of 5-HT1A receptors has been demonstrated to impair certain aspects of memory (affecting declarative and non-declarative memory functions) and learning(due to interference with memory-encoding mechanisms), by inhibiting the release of glutamate and acetylcholine in various areas of the brain.[44] 5-HT1A activation are known to improve cognitive functions associated with the prefrontal cortex, possibly via inducing prefrontal cortex dopamine and acetylcholine release.[45]

”5-HT2C receptors are claimed to significantly regulate mood, anxiety, feeding, and reproductive behavior.[12] 5-HT2C receptors regulate dopamine release in the striatum, prefrontal cortex, nucleus accumbens, hippocampus, hypothalamus, and amygdala, among others.”

”The 5-HT7 receptor plays a role in smooth muscle relaxation within the vasculature and in the gastrointestinal tract.[5] The highest 5-HT7receptor densities are in the thalamus and hypothalamus, and it is present at higher densities also in the hippocampus and cortex. The 5-HT7 receptor is involved in thermoregulation, circadian rhythm, learningand memory, and sleep. It is also speculated that this receptor may be involved in moodregulation, suggesting that it may be a useful target in the treatment of depression.[10][11]

So, all of the above put together;

I highly believe that the sudden onset of my well-being is a sum of all of the compunds I’ve been using. Might also be a somewhat placebo effect. Who knows. SJW removes paliperidone from the cells, thus speeds up it’s metabolism and elimination. It inhibits the reuptake of serotonin, dopamine and norepinephrine, as well as monoamine oxidase (MAO) which results in an overall sense of well-being, due to elevated levels of these neurotransmitters in the brain. It also binds to GABA receptors in a similiar manner as benzodiazepines, so it has anti-anxiolytic properties aswell. Paliperidone downregulates the serotonin 2A receptors, which SJW upregulates. Rhodiola rosea makes dopamine and serotonin receptors more sensitive to the neurotransmitters, so less will be more. Psilocybin and psilocin found in the shrooms counter the antagonization profile of paliperidone by agonizing the exact same receptors. At least in theory. Shrooms also got me out of the depression loop — a cycle of negative thoughts, feelings, sensations and behaviors — that can essentially trap you in a permanent bad mood, which paliperidone definately caused me.

EE: Here’s some additional info about Rhodiola;

”It has been used for centuries as a traditional medicine in Russia, Scandinavia, and other countries for the treatment of fatigue, depression, anemia, impotence, GI ailments, infections, and nervous system disorders, and to promote physical endurance, longevity, and work productivity.141,142 Rhodiola appeared in the scientific literature of Sweden, Norway, France, Germany, the Soviet Union, and Iceland as early as 1725.141Because most of the identified literature on this herb is from foreign language sources, I have relied largely upon secondary sources for this review.140–142140141142 R. rosea has been an accepted medicine in Russia since 1969 for the treatment of fatigue, somatic and infectious illness, psychiatric and neurologic conditions, and as a psychostimulant to increase memory, attention span, and productivity in healthy individuals. It is also officially registered in Sweden and Denmark and is widely used in Scandinavia as a general tonic and to increase mental work ability under stress.141 Rhodiola is classified as an adaptogen.139–142139140141142 It contains a range of antioxidant compounds, and its adaptogenic activities are attributed to its unique phenylpropanoids rosavin, rosarin, and rosidirin, and to phenylethanol derivatives p-tyrosyl and salidroside (also called rhodioloside), as well as to flavonoids, triterpenes, monoterpenes, and phenolic acids. Rosavins are the accepted marker compounds for water and alcohol extracts.140,141 Research both from animal models and human clinical trials indicates a number of favorable effects associated with its use, including CNS stimulation, pronounced antistress effects, enhanced physical work and exercise performance, increased muscle strength, reduction in mental fatigue, and prevention of high altitude sickness.139,142–145142143144145Cardioprotective and anticancer effects also have been attributed to its intake.139,142 Although research on Rhodiola has been extensive, it has also been described as “fragmentary,” with methods, statistics, and controls poorly defined.139,145 Further, not all studies have yielded positive outcomes for efficacy, although this may be related to product, dose, and duration of administration. Rhodiola rosea extract exhibited an anti-inflammatory effectand protected muscle tissue during exercise.146 Studies have demonstrated its ability to induce a general sense of well-being and reduce situational anxiety.141,142 It has demonstrated improvement in depressive syndromes, mental and physical fatigues secondary to medical conditions, sexual dysfunction, thyroid hypofunction (without causing hyperthyroidism), thymus gland functioning, adrenal functioning, and menopause-related conditions.141,142 Its mechanism of action is partly attributed to the herb's ability to influence levels of monoamines, including serotonin, dopamine, and norepinephrine in the cerebral cortex, brainstem, and hypothalamus through inhibition of degradation enzymes and facilitation of neurotransmitter support in the brain. It also appears to prevent catecholamine release and camp elevation in the myocardium, to prevent depletion of adrenal catecholamines by acute stress, and to induce opioid peptide biosynthesis and activation of central and peripheral opioid receptors.140,147,148 Enhanced antitumor and antimetastatic activity has been demonstrated when R. rosea extract is combined with cyclophosphamide (an antitumor agent).

Rhodiola has a profound effect on neurotransmitter balance. In laboratory studies, it has been found to increase the sensitivity of neurons to the presence of dopamine and serotonin, two prominent neurotransmitters involved in motivation, focus, enjoyment and mood. Because of this, rhodiola has been used as a successful alternative to antidepressants in Europe, and may offer benefit to those suffering from attention issues or memory loss.

To prevent fatigue, especially at high altitudes, rhodiola is second-to-none. The herb appears to increase the oxygen-carrying capacity of our red blood cells, and has been used by Olympic athletes and Russian cosmonauts for endurance and strength. This effect is also due to the ability of rhodiola to reduce cortisol in our blood, a hormone released in times of stress, and one responsible for various detrimental effects when chronically present.

One of those detrimental effects, as you may know, is stress-related weight gain. Our bodies preferentially store excess weight around the midsection during times of excess and perpetual stress, anticipating that we may be in some kind of physical danger and so must protect the internal organs. By reducing cortisol, rhodiola may help to calm the body and reduce this effect, while at the same time turning on an enzyme, hormone-sensitive lipase, which stimulates the body to break down and utilize the fat stored in abdominal cells. And as extra weight support for those of us who are challenged by stress-related eating behaviors, rhodiola can also help to adjust satiation through increasing dopamine sensitivity, reducing carbohydrate cravings and potentially increasing the pleasure response we get from eating.”

”Everything you can imagine, nature has already created.”

Mush love! ❤🍄

Last edited:
A strong support system is key as well. Find a way to pay a good legal team, don't mess up your life by going through the free "legal help" that the hospitals assign you. It's worth paying your lawyers good money because ideally you only have to do it once. Win your right to say no in court, some people can do it without lawyers but they've studied well. So my advice to you if you don't have the money is to read! Read case law. Know how to refuse. If you refuse by saying you're not sick, they'll say you lack insight and you'll lose in court. Refuse by citing your right to refuse, and give no other reason.

Hello i Come back for Say im doing little bit better its been 9month im off and its hard little bit motivation light émotion good sexuality takecare all the people i know its hard really hard but with the Time Can be ok i see Zach come-back in this forum dont believe him he take Again injection stupid Guy bye
Glad your doing better man

@lifeline how many shots did u get? I had 7 and 156 dose.. try this u might feel better, now me personally stepped away from BL for a while and I put invega in the back of my mind I tried to for get about it and just let time pass, then i tried engaging in hobbies and connecting with friends about 10 months off and i noticed that things captured my intrestes again, my issue is although I feel better and intrestes in things has came back it didn't feel as intense, but I'm just now recognizing more emotional sensitivity... just step away from invega thoughts that shit will depress the shit out of u, it did me.. and try and do active things or something to stimulate thoughts like read, for me I like watching the history channel

I received 5 injections total. 3 156, 1 117, and idk the other. Yeah man it’s great to hear that your truly starting to feel your emotions flow. I know that has to be an amazing feeling. I haven’t been taking any multivitamins. Just allowing time to pass. I did try Wellbutrin twice and setraline but no effects. Idk what to really do that this point. Just hope for the best outcome. It’s just been a really long time since I’ve been interested in life and the various things you can put your mind too.

was forced to take Invega Sustenna at 100mg a month, and only took it once. this medication gave me severe anhedonia and I cannot feel pleasure or joy from anything.

I feel as if I have no serotonin/dopamine left, as if the drug damaged my dopamine/serotonin receptors. I have became an emotionless zombie that cannot function.I can literally not feel anything at all. I feel that the medication has done something permanently negative to my brain.

I have no sex drive, no motivation or willpower to do anything, due to not being able to feel any emotions or anything at all. Even showering is a struggle due to the lack of emotions and willpower since the injection.

my last shot was on July 1. It has been 4 months since then but I haven't felt any improvement at all.

I have read that Invega Sustenna has 25-49 days half life and that it takes roughly 5-6 half lives for the body to eliminate a drug.

I have also read that it usually takes 4-5 months after antipsychotics are cleared from your body for you to start feeling normal again.

Does this mean that I will have to wait for almost a year to start feeling better? Did Invega Sustenna cause permanent damage to my mesolimbic pathway?

I have heard that antipsychotics can permanently damage your dopamine and serotonin receptors and wondering if that is true?

I don't want to continue living like this and have been contemplating suicide.

But tomorrow I am talking to my dr and psychiatrist about this. I hope it goes well.

Almost 3 months off. My sperm is back to normal and I can masturbate multiple times a day and get fully hard plus random boners when sleeping. Mood is fine as well. I see no issues tbh. I can also get hella drunk I got fucked up a few nights ago. Nicotine works as well as getting high. The only thing is that I don’t get as high as I usually do I guess. I have no mood problems at all. I listen to music and enjoy it, I have an amazing gf and I’m enrolled in college. I don’t feel stupid nor is my memory bad.

was forced to take Invega Sustenna at 100mg a month, and only took it once. this medication gave me severe anhedonia and I cannot feel pleasure or joy from anything.

I feel as if I have no serotonin/dopamine left, as if the drug damaged my dopamine/serotonin receptors. I have became an emotionless zombie that cannot function.I can literally not feel anything at all. I feel that the medication has done something permanently negative to my brain.

I have no sex drive, no motivation or willpower to do anything, due to not being able to feel any emotions or anything at all. Even showering is a struggle due to the lack of emotions and willpower since the injection.

my last shot was on July 1. It has been 4 months since then but I haven't felt any improvement at all.

I have read that Invega Sustenna has 25-49 days half life and that it takes roughly 5-6 half lives for the body to eliminate a drug.

I have also read that it usually takes 4-5 months after antipsychotics are cleared from your body for you to start feeling normal again.

Does this mean that I will have to wait for almost a year to start feeling better? Did Invega Sustenna cause permanent damage to my mesolimbic pathway?

I have heard that antipsychotics can permanently damage your dopamine and serotonin receptors and wondering if that is true?

I don't want to continue living like this and have been contemplating suicide.

But tomorrow I am talking to my dr and psychiatrist about this. I hope it goes well.
Hey man, I had 2 shots myself, 156 and 100 mg ones. That was around 10 months ago. I would say I'm pretty much the person now, than I was before the shots. It took like roughly 6 months before I saw any major improvement. It's gonna be a tough ride my friend, but I can assure you that you won't get any permanent damage from just 1 shot. Remember to drink a lot of water since paliperidone is renally excreted, when your anhedonia resolves a bit try to exercise, maybe try fasting if you managed to gain some weight due to invega. You can PM me if you have any concerns! =)

Status
Not open for further replies.