• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Gabapentinoids Comfort meds for gabapentin/pregabalin wds?

nznity

Bluelighter
Hi,
Well guys, as of now, I've been clean from morphine since Jan 4th(with only a 30mg oxy relapse/chip on the 19th). Anyway, wds are over but the thing is, I've been using far way too much pregabalin and gabapentin as comfort meds. Now I need something to help me get off this crap. I know in a few hrs the massive headache is gonna set in, the headaches,the hot cold flashes, etc.
Anyone got any tips to make it bearable, cause so far my best bet is to just use NSAIDS.they help a bit and lots of benzos(just for sleep or at least to try to sleep).
Anyone plz? I got like 5 hrs brfore the gorila starts knocking on my door.
Thx in advance

I would type more detail if I weren't on my phone.

Your best bet are going to be Benzodiazepines. You don't have a lot of options for dealing with Gabapentinoid withdrawal.

If it were me, I would take reasonable dosages of Benzodiazepines for the first 3 days. I would also use Cannabis to deal with peripheral symptoms like nausea and headache.

Don't drink Alcohol as that will likely intensify the problems you're having.

Unfortunately benzodiazepines are not effective for gabapentinoid withdrawal. There are plenty of cases in the literature where introduction of lorazepam and other benzodiazepines did nothing, only re-introduction of GP relieved the WD.

Magnesium may help because it acts on calcium channels.

I would type more detail if I weren't on my phone.

Your best bet are going to be Benzodiazepines. You don't have a lot of options for dealing with Gabapentinoid withdrawal.

If it were me, I would take reasonable dosages of Benzodiazepines for the first 3 days. I would also use Cannabis to deal with peripheral symptoms like nausea and headache.

Don't drink Alcohol as that will likely intensify the problems you're having.
Ure always so helpful with ur advice brother. Thanks, I already take clonazepam everyday, Ill just have to double the dose cause the insomnia is gonna b mad for a couple days at least.

Unfortunately benzodiazepines are not effective for gabapentinoid withdrawal. There are plenty of cases in the literature where introduction of lorazepam and other benzodiazepines did nothing, only re-introduction of GP relieved the WD.

Magnesium may help because it acts on calcium channels.
Well, better take my clonaz than nothing, at least for the muscle relaxant properties.
Thx for the tip about the magnesium 😉

There are some types of magnesium, NAC( N-acetyl.Cysteine) helps maybe the most from OTC, or supplements and non-narcotic meds. as Beta-Alanine and Niacine.

Gotu-Cola extract worked wonders for me couple times for what now is a decade of my gabapentinoid meds use.

Kava-kava is considered also.

Be careful with "couple more" benzos if you have them prescribed or not, but using them!
Because they help only just a bit!
So a person can get desperate and just taking them 3x or more of prescribed dose to find only they burned their stash...
without much help anyways.

I remembered DXM helped me a lot in lower doses also as we only have it in one pill form 15mg dose with other stuff for cold-flu but it worked for me in doses like 80mg..

Hi,
Well guys, as of now, I've been clean from morphine since Jan 4th(with only a 30mg oxy relapse/chip on the 19th). Anyway, wds are over but the thing is, I've been using far way too much pregabalin and gabapentin as comfort meds. Now I need something to help me get off this crap. I know in a few hrs the massive headache is gonna set in, the headaches,the hot cold flashes, etc.
Anyone got any tips to make it bearable, cause so far my best bet is to just use NSAIDS.they help a bit and lots of benzos(just for sleep or at least to try to sleep).
Thx in advance
Hi I was on 60 x 2 mg MST and 80 mg of sevredol for pain and was on 150 mg of pregabalin for nerve pain daily and was at a point I was so junked up I could hardly keep awake a my work. Why am I writing this to you, I decided to wean myself of the morphine, and my GP increased my pregabalin to 600mg a day, but after i was off the morphine no matter how much pregabalin i take 600 mg +600 mg in one hit, I still feel straight. If I have been on a long bender it can take up to 7 days for normality to resume, I get the hot flushes, feel not enough air etc. but that's just withdrawal. I am ashamed to say that I am used to
Hope this helps

Hi I was on 60 x 2 mg MST and 80 mg of sevredol for pain and was on 150 mg of pregabalin for nerve pain daily and was at a point I was so junked up I could hardly keep awake a my work. Why am I writing this to you, I decided to wean myself of the morphine, and my GP increased my pregabalin to 600mg a day, but after i was off the morphine no matter how much pregabalin i take 600 mg +600 mg in one hit, I still feel straight. If I have been on a long bender it can take up to 7 days for normality to resume, I get the hot flushes, feel not enough air etc. but that's just withdrawal. I am ashamed to say that I am used to
Hope this helps
Thx for ur input bro. Apart from the insomnia, hot flashes and a bit of muscles spams, I feel aight I guess. I've had worse bouts of wds before.
Have you tried tapering your dose?
Hey,
I' was already at 600mg(300mg x2 daily), so I said fk it. I'm not doing that bad.

Hi,
Thx in advance
Perhaps Nigella Sativa (black seed oil) could prove helpful due to Voltage Gated Calcium Channel blocking* (among others) forming part of its mechanism of action. If your body tolerates the substance well it's also likely to generally make you feel better and can help relieve many ailments you wouldn't even expect. Don't know what it's like where you live but here it's fairly easy to get at almost any pharmacy, and there's no real risk of addiction or dependence.
* -N. Sativa may decrease the blood pressure probably through remarkable mechanisms (Fig. 11), which include calcium channel blockade

Black cumin and its active component, thymoquinone, exhibited a reduction in oxidative stress via calcium channel blockade and increasing urine output activity which might have been linked to reduction in blood pressure [58]. Based on majority of these reports, various preparation of N. sativa showed a sustainable reduction of the BP in animal models and clinical studies hence can be explored as a promising basis of natural antihypertensive drugs.

Perhaps Nigella Sativa (black seed oil) could prove helpful due to Voltage Gated Calcium Channel blocking* (among others) forming part of its mechanism of action. If your body tolerates the substance well it's also likely to generally make you feel better and can help relieve many ailments you wouldn't even expect. Don't know what it's like where you live but here it's fairly easy to get at almost any pharmacy, and there's no real risk of addiction or dependence.
* -N. Sativa may decrease the blood pressure probably through remarkable mechanisms (Fig. 11), which include calcium channel blockade

Black cumin and its active component, thymoquinone, exhibited a reduction in oxidative stress via calcium channel blockade and increasing urine output activity which might have been linked to reduction in blood pressure [58]. Based on majority of these reports, various preparation of N. sativa showed a sustainable reduction of the BP in animal models and clinical studies hence can be explored as a promising basis of natural antihypertensive drugs.
Thxzzz, but I'm doing really good with magnesium+weed+ clonazepam combo. After this, I just need to taper from clonaz with diazepam. Then I'm off pills.

Thxzzz, but I'm doing really good with magnesium+weed+ clonazepam combo. After this, I just need to taper from clonaz with diazepam. Then I'm off pills.
The good thing about virtually all gabapentinoid withdrawal is that it's done in a week to two weeks.

The good thing about virtually all gabapentinoid withdrawal is that it's done in a week to two weeks.
Thank god, yeah. I'm on day 3 already it's already peaked. I give 3-4 more days of headaches.

Thank god, yeah. I'm on day 3 already it's already peaked. I give 3-4 more days of headaches.
It's only efficacy for me, Was it really dampened alcohol craving and some intraday withdrawals.

I believe it may have normalized some of my gaba receptors with respect to long-term alcohol use, but aside for that, I don't think I'll ever use it again because the discontinuation syndrome even though it's short-term really sucks.

I was on it for neuropathic pain which it kind of helped a little bit with and suppression of alcohol, cravings and use, so my dose was 1600 mg a day. Gabapentin not pregabalin.

I find benzos to help gabapentin and lyrica wd abit. It would atleast lower the risk of a seizure anyway. Benzos dont take away all the wd symptoms though. I find benzos with a opiate really helps gaba and lyrica wd but getting into opiates can be bad

It's only efficacy for me, Was it really dampened alcohol craving and some intraday withdrawals.

I believe it may have normalized some of my gaba receptors with respect to long-term alcohol use, but aside for that, I don't think I'll ever use it again because the discontinuation syndrome even though it's short-term really sucks.

I was on it for neuropathic pain which it kind of helped a little bit with and suppression of alcohol, cravings and use, so my dose was 1600 mg a day. Gabapentin not pregabalin.
It fking blows, I've only slept 6 hrs in 2 days.