• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Psychedelics & Amphetamines

Whoosh!

Amphetamine and LSD is a combo that I don't think I could handle now, but I have taken it in the past, and it's a "grabbing a tiger by the tail" type experience. The effects of the LSD are intensified, but going up is more akin to mushrooms in that you get episodes where reality is changing so rapidly that it can almost take your breath away (don't get me wrong, it doesn't make it lightweight like psilocin as well, it still retains that scary edge that LSD sometimes has). It also extends the length of effects from the LSD by about 25-50%.

Basically, if you're into heavy duty tripping (500mcg + dose) of LSD, you'll most probably like it. If large doses of LSD are something that you don't think you'd handle well, avoid it like the plague

PS it's nothing like MDMA and LSD - much more of a cold, clinical edge, not a warm fuzzy type of enhancement

^ Psilocin lightweight?

If it's anything like Psilocin + Amp then it's a good combo but the comeup is NASTY. Always makes me feel like I'm going to pass out but when I'm up it's awesome.

aren't all these drug x +drug b threads more suited for drug basics? I was under the impression this section was for advanced discussion of psychedelic drugs..

---
The following is from a discussion of psychotherapeutic use of LSD and psilocin, and specifically concerns the combination of methedrine (methamphetamine) and these compounds:
---
"The methedrine serves to stimulate and activate the individual in this warm setting. Some individuals respond with too much thought activity to amphetamines, and if this can be determined prior to the session, then the methedrine should be omitted. With most people, however, this small amount of methedrine [5 milligrams] serves to produce an effect of heightened interest and fascination with the panorama of experiences that begin to come into consciousness."
---
(Fisher, Dosage Levels of Psychedelic Compounds, in The Psychedelic Reader)
---
Leary describes the same practice:
---
"Back before criminalization, even psychedelic therapists occasionally combined LSD with small amounts of methamphetamine to make the journey more conscious, less sleepy and backbrained."
---
(Leary, Timothy and Sirius, R.U., Design for Dying)
---
Humphrey Osmond comments:
---
"Methedrine, as I have already indicated, prolongs and reactivates the LSD-25 model. According to a drug addict, Benzedrine in large doses, dissolved in black coffee, is very like mescaline in effect."
---
(Osmond, A Review of the Clinical Effects of Psychotomimetic Agents)
---
The following is a description of amphetamine/LSD (ab)use in Day-Glo San Francisco:
---
"Perhaps the most dramatic abuse of amphetamine occurred in San Francisco in the late 1960s. The hippies of that era, seeking to heighten the intensity of their LSD experiences, mixed the LSD with amphetamine and found that they were thus able to achieve a keener and more euphoric state of consciousness."
---
(Snyder, Drugs and the Brain)
---
Namaste,
Cliff

All things are relative

^ Psilocin lightweight?

I meant in comparison with LSD, not in an absolute sense. Although psilocin can become quite heavy, it generally only happens with dosages well in excess of a "normal" active dose. LSD can be heavy, even with just the "normal" psychedelic dose.

Actually, the nest experience I've had from combining a psychedelic with amphetamine was a smallish (20mg) dose of amphetamine with 10mg of AMT. Starts off very MDMA like, never gets to the point where you can't "switch it off", and lasts the whole night. Very much "a state of grace".

I've combined coke/speed(amphetamine/caffeine/MDMA/MDA with LSD and never had a bad trip. In fact i've never had a bad trip. Ever(knocks on wood)
But anyway, I wouldn't recommend it because its pointless, LSD is already a stimulant,the only reason I did it because I was young and stupid.

I wouldn't recommend Amph that is
MDMA/mDA combined with LSD(candyflip) i'd recommend to anyone whose done both of the substances atleast 10 times seperatly without any negetive results.

Walkaway said:

"The methedrine serves to stimulate and activate the individual in this warm setting. Some individuals respond with too much thought activity to amphetamines, and if this can be determined prior to the session, then the methedrine should be omitted. With most people, however, this small amount of methedrine [5 milligrams] serves to produce an effect of heightened interest and fascination with the panorama of experiences that begin to come into consciousness."

I would imagine that low-end recreational doses of amphetamine are less likely to produce feelings of anxiety, restlessness or paranoia than higher doses of amphetamine, or any amount of caffeine.

Re: All things are relative

fastandbulbous said:
[B

I meant in comparison with LSD, not in an absolute sense. Although psilocin can become quite heavy, it generally only happens with dosages well in excess of a "normal" active dose. LSD can be heavy, even with just the "normal" psychedelic dose.

[/B]

I would have to disagree. I have had overwhelming mushrooms experiences at just 2.2 grams. I wouldnt call it a bad trip but definitly scary and overwhelming. Where as LSD seems to bring me to a place where it feels as though fear doesnt exist and all is beautiful.
I have had scary trips on LSD a few times but mushrooms tend to do that to me much more often. Even on small doses.
:\

Everone's different

While I wouldn't disagree with your personal experiences with both (how could I, they're your experiences), I have found from talking to people, that psilocin/psilocybin is less likely to produce long term side effects from a bad experience, than LSD, and my own personal experience tallies with this.

I've had 3 unpleasant/unsettling/scary turns with psilocybin, one which was the result of spending the 1st 90 mins in the foetal position, really spooked me, and yes, the day that it happened was not pleasant, but it wasn't of such an intensity that the trip made me think "never again" for psilocybin. The last time I had LSD, I was shaken to the core, and haven't wanted another dose since (this was 18 years ago).

LSD has a longer action, and the fact that a bad experience lasts longer could have something to do with it, but mainly it's the fact that the LSD experience is very "in yer face" and relentless with no way to hide from it or focus on something else, whereas it is easier to not obsess and dissect the psilocybin experience.

I do understand though that the stop/go nature of the onset of psilocybin can give rise to anxiety.

LSD is incredibly potent and strong. It still fascinates me to this day that Albert Hoffman could have made such an important discovery as this before the advent of importart analytical procedures such as MS & NMR. Whilst I cant vouch for fungus, LSD will completely blow you away. It will compleley destroy the barriers between you and the outside universe and enable you to experience geometrical wonders that an ordinary person does not have the capacity to visualize. If you have not tried it, I can wholeheartedly recommend it to you. But be sure to be careful with it though.

We used to call this combo "turbo-tripping". I've done it a couple of times without any seriously bad effects, I was just a little more zany and outgoing than with LSD alone. Although once I took LSD on the comedown of a night-long speed binge, and my reality fell apart. I didn't know what was real and what wasn't and didn't trust anyone who was around me. I spent the whole day huddled in a corner in my room alone after running home, escaping over the side fence of my friend's house to avoid being seen by the "bad guys" (figments of my imagination in the front yard). Ahhh... Those were the days...

If you are going to do it, take the LSD first!

Last edited:
About two weeks ago, I did about 1/4 of a gram of meth 30mins before dropping two squares of acid.
I had a great time, the meth elevated my initial mood which helped throughout the entire trip.
I wouldn't want to do a large amount of crystal with it though, the anxiety would really get to me.

Judging by the mindset that Amphetamine puts me in, I would literally kill someone or myself if I mixed it with a psychedelic. I love both types of drugs, but not together.

On second thoughts, this combination looks extremely lethal. Not that it will kill you in the literal sense, but it is strong enough to shift an individuals sanity far from normality. Do not foolishly stumble into this one in your naivity. This one is only for the hardheaded, hardcore trippers.

My personal advise would be to try AMT or 5-MeoDMT at modest dosages and NOT MIXING. The chance of negative side effects increases exponentially as drugs are mixed together. PM me if you have any specific queries that you want to clear up.

Mixing

As I mentioned earlier (I know this is a bit off topic, but not that far) amphetamine and AMT go together very well, as long as you don't go over the top with the dosage.

I've seen a lot of worried people wondering if AMT is a MAOI. Yes it's a competetive inhibitor, but the concentration needed to significantly inhibit MAOI is about 10,000 times that of the harmala alkakoids (for MAO-A harmaline has a Ki of about 10^-6, whereas AMT has a Ki of about 10^-2). If you keep the AMT dose below 30mg and the amphetamine below 50mg, I can't see any physical problems occuring (no guarentee for the mental effects though!)

Interesting how some people prefer shrooms over acid and other prefer acid over shrooms for the same reasons. Personally I prefer LSD but I have had scarey moments on both, here's my comparision:

Scarey moments on shrooms:

impossible to get out of
overwhelming confusion
drawn out in foreverness
wigged out afterwards even thinking about even it days later
I pannicked and had paranoid dillusions;
-I was a word and didn't want anybody to say me
-I would never come out of it
-I was dying
-I was a worthless person and everyone knew I was tripping

On acid:

not too hard to get out of
afterwards thought it ammusing even while still tripping
didn't pannick, but did shake alot + muscle tension
in a weird way scarey but fun

FisheyeLens %)

I have had bad trips before but the last trip I had was an amazing experience albeit an horrific one. Basically I woke up early to go to college and missed my breakfast that morning. Come lunchtime, I was down the forest where the dudes smoke weed. Some guy was selling acid. I didnt really want any but the excitement of everyone else doing it flicked a switch in that I did not want to be 'left out'. We took our tabs and went down the park. The park shop was shut though. So when the trip came up and 1:10PM, I had still not eaten. This amplified the experience for me several manifold. A week later I still had feelings of vertigo ljust by looking at sky scrapers. I thought my brain would be permanently fucked and this diturbed to me at the time.

Yea I wouldnt recommend it, amphetamines and psychedelics have a tendancy to wig people out. It happened with me when I mixed L-desoxymetampetamine with DXM, it caused a very paranoid panicked trip.