• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] Mushrooms & MAOIs

A friend have me some p cubensis, he grew them himself but seems to be quite new to figuring out the dosage. It came out to a little over 0.5g once dried. I have plenty of syrian rue on hand and was wondering if this is enough to make eating a half gram of shrooms worthwhile, as I don't want to seem ungrateful by asking for more. Alternatively, I was thinking I could possibly add a bit of 4-ho-mipt or even a small pinch of DMT to produce an actual trip. What would be your advice in this situation?

I have often done the shrooms-caapi combo. It's very nice, but not evey type of shroom is equally suited for it. Some shrooms contain other substances that feel a bit toxic when combined with MAOI's. P.azurescens and P.cyanescens go very well with caapi though, i know from experience. The major difference is not so much potentiation. It's the dopaminergic effects you get from taking caapi. Shrooms have virtually no dopaminergic effect by themselves. For this reason, i find shrooms, spectacular as they may be, just less interesting than LSD, mescaline or ayahuasca. I find that there's realy something lacking with shrooms, compared to those other substances, and i guess that it's that dopamine factor. Caapi realy compensates for that lacking. It turns the whole journey into a much more euphoric and immersive experience.

my question is can one take mushrooms while on a prescribed MAOI like parnate. I can't find this on the thread; just posts on syrian rue and shrooms.
Erowid warns strongly against dong that. I have read it can be fatal but what is the truth?
I see this postd here in 2011 (scary)
Irreversible MAOIs If you are taking an irreversible MAOI, you need to abstain from drug for a week before starting your medication. If you are going OFF an irreversible MAOI, you need to avoid recreational drugs for THREE WEEKS. Please be careful and heed this advice, or severe medical problems and/or death are possible.

parnate and shrooms

Could an irreversible MAOI like Parnate be used safely with mushrooms assuming they are dosed carefully?

Hey Eric that is also my question. Have you tried? How much parnate are you taking?
This site has a posting saying that you should be OFF an irreversible MAOI like parnate for 3 weeks before doing mushrooms if you do not want severe medical consequences/death. I have seen this on erowid too.
The same warning is given for kratom.
I have taken low-dose kratom and low dose parnate without experiencing any problem but shrooms are another story.
Have you used kratom?
How much parnate are you on?

Last edited: