• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

[Combo Subthread] LSD & Benzo's

Ness said:
The best way to prevent bad trips is to not worry about having a bad trip and to not fight the drug. The best way to have a bad trip is to think about having a bad trip.

^^^exactly. I thought I was going to have a heart attack after (stupidly) eating 7 hits from a new batch 8o . Somehow i managed to calm down once the peak was over.

But another time I was tripping WAY too hard, and i saw shadows and i thought they were coming to get me....and i was totally geeking out. I munched down like 6mgs of klonopin and had the best trip of my life.
For me it slowed everything down to a comfortable level....the music slowed down and each note slowly drifted by my ears. After a while of this I closed my eyes and had one of the most amazing out of body experiences ever.
I saw a box that looked like a computer (or something) and a robot arm was doing something to the box. and there were rows and rows of computer type boxes but the one the robot was adjusting i identified as myself. it was so weird. it was months ago and it's still hard to interpret.
But for me benzos didn't stop the trip they just calmed me down to a wonderful level...it was amazing. if it weren't for benzos i don't think i could have let go enough to leave my body.

5-HT2 said:
Unfortunately, the benzos will diminish the trip along with the anxiolytic effects. However, if you get the dose right, you should be able to kill the anxiety without blunting the trip by too much.

I second that^^

Dont stress about it so much would be my advice.

If your concerned about friends etc Have some stashed away but take it unless your trip is really starting to bother you.

Its better to let go and work through than blunt the trip

Ness said:
Trying to cling to reality, your sense of self, your sanity. Trying to cling to anything is fighting the drug. Utterly letting go is the best way to keep yourself from having a bad time.

every time i have tripped i have just completely let go when it got really intense, if you hold onto one single thing just let it be "i took a drug, everything will be normal i a few hours", during my first acid trip i tried to conceive what a sane mind was like, and i could not grasp that at all... but on some level i knew that no matter how insane i was feeling right now, it would all be over by the time the sun came up.... and with that comforting thought, i just surrendered everything.. letting go is really the best thing to do...

jamaica0535 said:
every time i have tripped i have just completely let go when it got really intense, if you hold onto one single thing just let it be "i took a drug, everything will be normal i a few hours", during my first acid trip i tried to conceive what a sane mind was like, and i could not grasp that at all... but on some level i knew that no matter how insane i was feeling right now, it would all be over by the time the sun came up.... and with that comforting thought, i just surrendered everything.. letting go is really the best thing to do...

+1

Benzos will kill anxiety but they will also kill a trip's potential, and confuse things, as will alcohol. LSD isn't all about form constants and swirly colors. Plus, thinking of how not to have a bad trip is the best way to do so. There is nothing in the LSD experience that, if taken with acceptance, understanding, and maturity that will cause an otherwise mentally stable person to lose control ... have an unpleasant experience, perhaps, but not to lose control ... and often the unpleasant experiences teach us the most.

I dropped today and had a great time. There were a few moments there where I felt anxiety creeping up but I just thought to myself.. fuck it, nothing bad is going to happen. Everything after that was a breeze.

Here's a trick I found that works for me. If you're in a negative thought loop, don't try to out and out break it by not thinking about that thing anymore. Instead, introduce a positive thought into the thought loop and it tends to resolve itself. Works for me, at least.

Aeon Psyche said:
If you are anxious you shouldn't trip anyway.

I'm not anxious , ive already took large doses of mush in festivals or in public without any negative effect but friends of mine have already did bad trips on mushrooms and I don't like to manage people bad tripping when I'm tripping...

Ness said:
Here's a trick I found that works for me. If you're in a negative thought loop, don't try to out and out break it by not thinking about that thing anymore. Instead, introduce a positive thought into the thought loop and it tends to resolve itself. Works for me, at least.

I've already felt fear when tripping ( my wall was dark and offencing and I tough I was in a horror movie ) , but each time I don't care about it and take it as a ridiculious think and the fear itself make me laugh like : "WOW look my wall , it seems so agressive , it is strange how this drug can morph normal surrounding into scary things..." and I laugh because I interpret fear as an effect or as a movie that is not reality but induced drug reality

I ve wanted to say ( like ness ) that I don't try to out or negate the fear but that I see bad feelings or negative waves as normal , or ridiculous things normally occurings when on drugs ( don't know if this sentence is clear for everyone :\ ) and that it will never be a problem during the trip

Xanax and Acid

yesterday i tripped for my first time but it wasnt all i thought it would be. i saww no colors or trails. the world was breathing and if i stared at something long enough it would turn into something weird, but i want colors and trails like mushrooms. knowing acid causing anxiety i think i might of killed my trip a little but taking 11mg of xanax 12 hours prior to dropping two drops into my mouth. but i thought that LSD overpowered everything. did i get bunk acid or did i fuck up by taking too much xanax that day. i think i took too much xanax but feedback would be greatly appreciated

I can't tell exactly since I don't know your tolerance to xanax but it sure will have had an influence on your trip. Just take enough so you're not anxious anymore but not high off the xanax and it won't influence it next time you trip.

You say you didnt see colors and stuff, but how much acid did you eat?

I know this is a harm reduction site, but if you want to see crazy stuff you have to eat more.

I don't need to take acid to see colors. :\ 1 hit of good acid can be enough at times. If you have the same batch, yeah. Take some more next time.

11mg of xanax is quite a hefty amount if you are not tolerant to it.

Aeon Psyche said:
I don't need to take acid to see colors. :\ 1 hit of good acid can be enough at times. If you have the same batch, yeah. Take some more next time.

OH Yeah! Well if I want to see colors, Then I can go buy a box of crayons and if Im feeling daring then Ill buy a box of markers too!!! lol:)

Seriously though. It sounds like the acid he got probably wasnt that strong. So, eating more is probably the best solution.

Your tabs were probably just weak (or really strong if you saw black/white). I've tripped with xanax and while the trip wasn't really worthwhile, the visuals were still there, just not the headspace...

On a side note, the visuals from tripping tend to make me appreciate the "normal" look of everything, especially nature. It's just so beautiful.