Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

combo crystal meth and poppyseed tea

Status
Not open for further replies.
cassandragemini: I agree with ya, PST def > Codiene. 1. Cost wise, it works out to be cheaper than codiene, 2. A hell lot easier to get PST compare to going to chemist after chemist getting codiene. 3. PST does not give me as much of a histamine effect like codiene does, still sometimes itchy, but def no way near as itchy as I would be after doing a Codiene CWE. 4. PST effect is a lot stronger than Codiene and longer duration too :)

pst is way better than codeine, by far. Codeine is awful, i won't even take it if i have pure codeine tablets. Just kind of hurts my stomach, makes me itch and does nothing for euphoria. It used to work well though before i used PST.

@captain brewster: that sounds exactly like the start of dependence. After only taking it on weekends i started to wonder why i felt like shit and had diarrhea the rest of the week and it became obvious that was the beginning for me.

I find PST incredibly euphoric but it is rather variable. Some days i get super high, other days i don't feel much. Also depends on what i'm doing. If i just lay in my bed and relax i feel a huge buzz, if i'm out doing things then i hardly notice.

^ you guys pretty much summed up how i feel about the two drugs. i wonder if people who have a natural inclination or preference for one drug over another have similar tastes across the board, i mean like if a group of people who favoured codeine also shared a preference for acid rather than mushrooms and meth over coke. or if they have a general preference for uppers or downers, it would be interesting to see if there is a pattern.

ive had pst and meth the last 3 weekends, this weekend ive also had h. i really like how the drugs compliment each other, i take pst for maintainance anyway but even with my normal dose the meth high is smoother and not quite so fiendish. i used to drink a lot of alcohol on amp's which is ok but it gave me some a grade hangovers, i like how the anxiolytic effects of pst still shine through on meth and other than withdrawals there is no nasty hangover the next day. having a nice tea at the end of a night on meth when you feel tired and scatty can be amazing. the opiate blanket wraps you up, chills you out and takes away your aches and pains and means you can sit around and be comfortable again for a while talking with friends and listening to music etc.

has anyone made smokeable opium from evaporating the water or a solvent strained from seeds? i found a couple of old threads on here about it but i couldnt really find a satisfactory answer and all the attempts seemed to be pretty casual. some people said it worked but tasted rank and didnt smoke well, others said it didnt really work at all and others said it worked and was enjoyable but not really worth the effort when the tea is so easy. im interested in giving it a go, it probably wont be great but it could be a fun science project.

also sus you might enjoy pst more than you think, i dont want to encourage its use it but i think it deserves more credit than the "dirty" reputation it sometimes gets. seeing as quite a few BLers use it regularly, including footsy the moderator, it cant be all bad.

hehe. You'll never get sustanon to give up his first love (codiene)

No matter how hard you try to convince him. The MAN is deeply in love with the deene ;>

I think I'm slowly being converted to pst from codeine, but still massively enjoy codeiene.

I think were all a bit off topic atm. I'll add that I don't feel the need to use meth while on opiates, I'm too scared it will ruin my chilledness. Would rather get some smokable pst chunks like cassandra mentioned, not that I've tried it before, but its definetly on my bucket list.

has anyone tried pouring poppy tea into their arse?

yeb yeb. I've done this a few times too :)

I usually drink 3/4 of the first wash. Then plug the rest yo :)

I do notice doing it that way, makes the nod slightly stronger

So comparing coffee to codeine is the same as comparing meth and PST? Im kind of surprised that this is HR site and most of the senior members on here say its ok. Im done with the matter too, go ahead and mix all of it in great quantities, itll be okay :S

I'm with sustanon on this - a lot of deaths have occurred from Speedballs, be they coke/h or amp/h. PST/meth is in the same category and your heart won't thank you. I'm not really into meth but if it were me i might be willing to take a tiny puff if you had to try....but you can you control yourself if it 'seems' not to be damaging? My experience with uppers and downers combined is limited to amp followed by benzos....thats safe. All the other shit is a bit dangerous for you heart and blood pressure....a real tug of war.

hehe. You'll never get sustanon to give up his first love (codiene)

No matter how hard you try to convince him. The MAN is deeply in love with the deene ;>

Haha too true man, tbh I fell in love with it the first time I used it as the positives out weighed the negatives and it has given me so many good times. It is rather a weak opiate buzz but when choosing my DOC its not always just about the high, pros and cons are very important in my eyes:)

I'm with sustanon on this - a lot of deaths have occurred from Speedballs, be they coke/h or amp/h. PST/meth is in the same category and your heart won't thank you. I'm not really into meth but if it were me i might be willing to take a tiny puff if you had to try....but you can you control yourself if it 'seems' not to be damaging? My experience with uppers and downers combined is limited to amp followed by benzos....thats safe. All the other shit is a bit dangerous for you heart and blood pressure....a real tug of war.

There is not much point, pointing out potentially harmful procedures to some "experienced" users, sad thing is a lot of people have done various combos which can be very dangerous with no adverse or negative effects thinking its safe and even recommending it to others. U only have one chance at life and its not a good idea play around with that sort of thing as plenty of people have died from the above mentioned combinations unfortunately.

Well I suppose I didn't try them at the exact same time, but this morn I had a hefty pst at around 8am, nodding out for the majority of the day.

Got dragged off the couch around 5pm for couple beers, and at 7ish smoked some meth. Quite happy with the experience, I'm not a big meth fan but nice body feeling straight after the pipe. Reminds me of the first time I tried meth. Very comfortable from the pst still too.

Nice combo when spaced out between doses.

I thought mixing uppers and downers was naughty. You're essentially telling your body to do two very opposite, and directly conflicting, physiological effects. So unless you're a cyborg I wouldn't recommend it.

^ do you remember where you heard that? Lots of people seem to have that in their heads, it sounds like anti drug retoric from somewhere. It doesn't work as simply as that, remember different drugs do different things in the brain, having an upper and a downer doesn't necessarily mean you're stomping on the gas and brakes at the same time or confusing your brain with contradicting information, the brain and body aren't as simple as a game of operation. Think of how many people use alcohol and stimulants together in low doses without too much ill effect, they also treat amphetamine and other stimulating drug overdoses with benzos, I doubt that would be standard medical practice unless it was relatively safe. The thing that scares people about combining opiates and stimulants specifically is the notion of the 'speedball' being the most hardcore and dangerous of all cocktails, I'm sure it is hardcore and dangerous but with a speedball you are injecting two drugs that are notorious for causing ODs - especially when IVd - at the same time, unless you are really careful it's a recipe for disaster, it doesnt really even matter that it's two 'opposite' drugs, the combo is just inherently dangerous. And what kills people with speedballs isn't 'death through conflicting signals' it's either respiratory depression through too much h or cardiac arrest through too much coke/meth. When you're doing a poppy wash/meth combo you take a lot of that inherent danger out of the mix, unless you IV your meth and provided you are careful with your dosing the chances of coming unstuck are pretty low, in my opinion. Remember the main cause of death with drugs is OD, either respiratory depression or cardiac arrest, if you do safe doses of both of these drugs the chances of either are low, there are other risks with combining drugs such as serotonin syndrome (mel22 had some good info on a specific CNS problem when combining opiates/meth) but I doubt it's anywhere near as deadly as just having too much of either drug.

^ Agreed. Mel22 did provide some great info about this too, as you said.

Plenty of people here have supported this idea about the uppers and downers thing being conflicting and inherently dangerous, and just 'common sense'. However it's when things seem obvious like this, or just 'common sense', that they need to be investigated more thoroughly. It's not acceptable to say that it's 'obvious' that this will happen, without backing it up with any sources. Saying it's like pressing the accelerator and the brake pedal at the same time has no relevance whatsoever, because people and cars are two completely different things. Would you go to your local motor mechanic if you were suffering problems from drugs? I sure wouldn't, because knowing how cars work leaves you with exactly zero knowledge on how drugs work in the human body.

When someone falls back on 'common sense' as support enough for such a strong assertation on a complex issue, it really is no better than the rest of the anti drug rhetoric out there, as cassandragemini mentioned too. People against drugs may argue it's just 'common sense' that all drugs are bad, and use the same sort of arguments for anyone who tries to look at it objectively that have been brought up here - it's always a risk, people have died - and will accuse anyone who tries to bring some realism and objectivity into it as recommending drugs or promoting them.

I've been surprised at all the people who'll just accept and be happy with the instinctual assumption that going up and down at the same time is bad, without basing these claims on any credible sources whatsoever. It's a good thing to be informed, and to make claims based on research and factual information, rather than arguing something must be true because it feels like it.

And before anyone says that they're just trying to protect users from the risks and that it's dangerous to promote this sort of thing, I'm not promoting it nor recommending it, just saying that information is much preferable to assumptions.

Last edited:
Well let's get technical and shit then.

Pereira, F. C., et. al. (2006). Methamphetamine, morphine, and their combination: acute changes in striatal dopaminergic transmission evaluated by microdialysis in awake rats, Annals of New York Academy of Science, 1074:160-73

Uemura, K., Sorimachi, Y., Yashiki, M., Yoshida, K. (2003). Two fatal cases involving concurrent use of methamphetamine and morphine, Journal of Forensic Science, 48 (5)

Ginawi O. T., al-Shabanah O. A., Bakheet S. A. (1997) Increased toxicity of methamphetamine in morphine-dependent mice. Gen Pharmacol, 28 (5):727–31.

Funahashi, M. Kohda, H. Hori, O. (1990). Potentiating effect of morphine upon d-amphetamine induced hyperthermia in mice, Pharmacology Biochemistry & Behaviour, 36: 345-50

Landa, L., Šlais, K., - Šulcova, A. (2004). Cross-sensitization with morphine to methamphetamine effects on locomotion in mice. Psychiatrie, 8 (1) :53

Some of these are free online, if you can't find an article and want to read it, ask me and I'll use my university account to transcibe it here.

Basically it seems the main danger is hyperthermia, and this can cause death at levels far below what would normally be considered lethal if either morphine or meth were consumed seperately. This enhanced toxicity is mediated through opioid receptors, 1b-adrenergic receptors, and dopamine-serotonin receptors. Other risks include tachycardia and hypertension.

Last edited:
Awesome work, thanks a lot for those sources. I'll have a read over them when I get home tonight, I'm interested to see what they have to say. My position has never been to argue that there's definitely not any dangers from mixing pst and meth, but against the assumption that it is the action of an upper and downer somehow 'conflicting' and 'pulling you in different directions' that causes the problem. Have you read them? What's the general position on that assertion?

..the assumption that it is the action of an upper and downer somehow 'conflicting' and 'pulling you in different directions..'?

I'm willing to admit my original post regarding this was just that, a baseless assumption. Sort of like a druggie lore, lol. I shouldn't have been so rash in writing that, sorry.

One of the papers found that morphine potentiated an increase in extracellular dopamine levels that were induced by a low dose of meth, and this is what makes it an increasingly popular combination amongst drug users. The same paper (Pereira et. al., 2006) goes on to explain: 'Although these two drugs have opposite pharmacological effects (amphetamines produce hypertension, tachycardia, arrhythmia, hyperpyrexia, mydriasis, whereas opiates induce hypotension, bradycardia, hypothermia, and pinpoint pupils), METH and MOR share the common feature of increasing extracellular concentration of DA in the striatal complex and precipitating addiction.'

The actual health consequences of this is frustratingly not studied, so I honestly can't say if the physiological conflict is in anyway dangerous or if they sort of cancel each other out.

What's funny is that one of the papers details how mice, given the ability to self-intoxicate, absolutely love the morphine + meth combo.

So what I would be most concerned of here is to simply be careful as one does potentiate the other. Ie: Don't combine your normal dose of each, but lessen them if combined, and just keep an eye out for any signs of fever-like feelings, irregular heart-beat, and also headaches, dizziness, ringing in the ears, as these would be warning signs.

I hope that helps :)

i think the assumption is flawed in one crucial way - meth may be a stimulant, but i wouldn't call opium a straight-up downer by any means. the alkaloid cocktail in poppy tea gives a different effect to morphine on its own, and from my experience can be quite a stimulant on its own.
good to see some links to studies to back things up though - it is certainly an interesting area of research.
i would take the pst the day after the meth, personally. it can be pretty subtle.

I thought mixing uppers and downers was naughty. You're essentially telling your body to do two very opposite, and directly conflicting, physiological effects. So unless you're a cyborg I wouldn't recommend it.
this just isn't true and is a misconception in physiology -- the truth is that "uppers" and "downers" usually balance each other out and are healthier on the body than either alone.
There have been several times where I have taken oxycodone and amphetamine together, and I ended up feeling not much at all, like they had negated each other...
It's better to save the downer when coming down off the upper -- that is the best way to mix.

HOWEVER, that being said, I don't think you should mix any upper with POPPY SEED TEA, because the wash off the seeds will contain THEBAINE which is a MILD STIMULANT / CONVULSANT and could interact very very badly with the amphetamine

Tasmanian Poppy Harvesting Season

With the poppy harvest season approaching (November 2012 - March 2013) Tasmania Police advise members of the public that interference with poppy crops, and theft of poppy capsules are serious offences and can result in charges under the Misuse of Drugs Act 2001, as well as Trespass and Stealing. Poppy Advisory and Control Board Field Officers work with crop managers to conduct regular inspections and pro-actively patrol poppy crops, with any illegal activity investigated by Tasmania Police.

Tasmania Police also remind members of the public that the narcotics contained in poppy capsules are extremely dangerous. Ingesting poppy capsules (or products made from poppy capsules) can be fatal.

http://www.police.tas.gov.au/news/posts/view/3664/tasmanian-poppy-harvesting-season/

this just isn't true and is a misconception in physiology -- the truth is that "uppers" and "downers" usually balance each other out and are healthier on the body than either alone.

Whilst they may cancel out each other (personally this for me is a yes and no) you are still ingesting 2 substances at the same time and we all know that poly drug use can sometimes be more harmful due to bad interactions depending on the individual, substance itself and a number of other factors.

Status
Not open for further replies.