• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Cold water extraction questions

xtcgrrrl

Sr. Moderator: SLR
Staff member
Hi, I have a few questions about doing a CWE. Everyone says it's so simple, yet I keep fucking it up. Here are my questions:

1) i crush the pills with a pill crusher, but there were some tiny chunks left. I put the powder in warm water and left it for an hour but the chunks never dissolved. Huh???

2) I don't have a funnel, which would make my life easier. I tried to filter by using two pre-wet coffee filters over a cup with a slight depression in it to hold the water but when I put the cold mixture in, some of the mixture seeped through the filter and dripped down the outside of the cup. That's wasted drugs. Is there something I'm missing here in technique?

3) I never get it to look clear, like water. I made a batch just now and it was really cloudy. I was in a hurry to get high so I had a couple of swigs before I thought better of it (scared of all the APAP I might potentially be ingesting) and re-filtered it. I didn't get any noticeable sludge in the filter, but the remaining re-filtered water WAS significantly more clear. How much APAP might I have ingested that first time? Should I be worried? Keep in mind that I DID get a great big ball of sludge from the first filtration, which I discarded. I used those pills from Canada with 8 mg codeine and 300 mg APAP and caffeine (not a problem since I routinely take large amounts of caffeine in the form of diet pills, which I DID NOT take today. Just to let you know my caffeine tolerance is quite high.) I used 16 pills (was going to use 15 but I only had 16 left in the bottle so threw the last one in just because.)

Thanks in advance for any help you can give me refining this process. I like my liver and want to keep it!

I did this when I was in H withdrawal. Got a decent high the first time, but also kind of weird and uncomfortable. I had to double it already the third time and after a few times it just made my withdrawal go away. I would always proceed on the side of caution first in terms of dosage, and within an hour you should feel how much it affected you (if I remember correctly).

Anyway, it's called cold water extraction because you put it in COLD water, not warm. Dunno why, but that's what I read. I used a couple coffee filters or some tissue papers to cover a glass. Either place it well or wrap a rubber band around the glass. Pour the mixture in and let it drip. Pretty simple.

Use tape and a paper cup + coffee filters for an inexpensive funnel/filter. I've used a "button-up" dress shirt as a filter before and it was much easier and much faster. bobbyjones is right though, use COLD water.