• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Harm Reduction Cold Water Extraction (CWE) Mega Thread & FAQ v2.0

I'm trying to CWE 10 percocets 10/325..... I've tried b4 but feel like I wasted so much bc normally 100mg oxy will have me feeling pretty good , so my question is how much water ( warm or cold) should I use to dissolve and nx when I used a coffee filter in the past it took FOREVER and and a certain point it just stops filtering , should I just squeeze the filter to try to get the most of the liquid out as possible , this also is hard bc the filters rip easily , should I use 2 filters and then just squeeze thru once it stops filtering, .... I'm sure getting some of the acetaminophen in my drink won't hurt as its most likely will only be a few hundred mgs at most.... Any advise would be appreciated

I'm trying to CWE 10 percocets 10/325..... I've tried b4 but feel like I wasted so much bc normally 100mg oxy will have me feeling pretty good , so my question is how much water ( warm or cold) should I use to dissolve and nx when I used a coffee filter in the past it took FOREVER and and a certain point it just stops filtering , should I just squeeze the filter to try to get the most of the liquid out as possible , this also is hard bc the filters rip easily , should I use 2 filters and then just squeeze thru once it stops filtering, .... I'm sure getting some of the acetaminophen in my drink won't hurt as its most likely will only be a few hundred mgs at most.... Any advise would be appreciated

use 100ml of water (cold to luke warm, certainly not hot) doing this will leave your extraction with 700mg paracetamol if done well. Use 2 coffee filters one inside the other with the ridges on opposing sides, wet them with cold water first then dump your mix in and wait, it shouldn't take more than 30 mins. Personally I don't squeeze out anything because the filters almost always rip and even if they don't you can see that those drops contain a worrying amount of white liquid in them. Personally I'd just wait for your your sludge to dry and filters to stop dripping.

Also why not buy some Tylenol and practice the technique if your worried about wasting the percs. Good luck bro.

Some of you guys are making this way more complicated than it needs to be.
Tylenol is not very soluble in water, and even less so in cold water. So if you don't use much water, you won't be getting too much apap, even if your solution is milky.
I use muslin instead of a filter, it's super small weave and I reuse it. It works great because after it filters through I just grab the edges and squeeze the excess so I'm left w only a ball of apap in the cotton.
Also, those pills dissolve by themselves in like 10 min, in the water. You don't have to crush them.

Some of you guys are making this way more complicated than it needs to be.
Tylenol is not very soluble in water, and even less so in cold water. So if you don't use much water, you won't be getting too much apap, even if your solution is milky.
I use muslin instead of a filter, it's super small weave and I reuse it. It works great because after it filters through I just grab the edges and squeeze the excess so I'm left w only a ball of apap in the cotton.
Also, those pills dissolve by themselves in like 10 min, in the water. You don't have to crush them.

Not all pills do though, plus I have to say with my method I've never had anything close to milky solution so why take the risk? Espiacally if your using 64 pills. 32000mg of paracetamol is enough to kill you a few times over and in 100ml of water YOU WILL end up with at least 700mg of paracetamol so I dare not think how much is in an cloudy solution (the exception of course being something like paramol, where the pills are coated and will always give a milky solution if you don't clean them first)

HR is the name of the game so why encourage anyone to anything over than the safest method? Even if you don't.

I'm back because I'm soooo annoyed with this method! Sometimes my water is clear and other times it lags sooo hard and the water is cloudy. I just don't understand how this is when I do it exactly the same each time. I try to do it over night so I don't have to wait for the slow ass dripping process but I haven't been getting to it lately. I just stuck my solution back in the freezer again for a second filter because the first filter was way too cloudy. Could it have something to do with temp? Or amount of water or both?! Thoughts?! Thanks

Ok, my method for yellow Hydrocodone. I only do 4 pills at a time., which is 2 doses for me. Crush pills. Pour 4oz cold water on them and stir. Leave bowl in the fridge for an hour. Pour into a coffee filter suspended above a glass and let drip in the fridge overnight.

Almost always clear. If I do a second pass, I use 4 oz again of cold water and let drip through in the fridge. BTW, I use a funnel to keep the filter from folding or tearing.

Well codeine demon, who would ever do 64 in a CWE ? Not only would you forfeit much of the codeine, but you're sure to have a histimine reaction (which admittedly you can premed for) and the huge doses of caffeine. I wouldn't do more than 15-20, or else the caffeine right would likely feel anxiolytic.
700mg Tylenol is nothing unless you're already in bad shape. That's less than 2 extra strength Tylenol.

This is a thread for the collection of Cold Water Extraction techniques, and discussion on the viability and safety of these methods. We get a few threads on this process, so I figured it would be good to have a source for this information in the one place.

Cold Water Extraction FAQ – Mr Blonde

So, why is discussion of this technique allowed?

Quite simple; a CWE is avoiding the harm that could come about were people to ingest large amounts of acetaminophen (APAP) or aspirin or ibuprofen or other combo ingredients. Examples:

APAP: Overdose is associated with liver damage caused by the liver being unable to process the toxic metabolite of APAP, N-acetyl-p-benzo-quinone imine (NAPQI). When you ingest APAP, it normally gets converted to inactive metabolites with only a small amount becoming NAPQI. Usually this toxin is then conjugated by the liver tripeptide glutathione. When very large doses of APAP are taken, the liver is unable to process the amount of the drug and therefore more NAPQI is produced, and the liver is unable to conjugate it. This toxin causes liver failure. The antidote for NAPQI is acetylcysteine, however if you believe you have taken a toxic dose of APAP it is best to seek medical attention. A single dose of 10 grams or 200mg per kilogram of body mass can be toxic, and multiple smaller doses in a period of 24 hours can also be toxic. Using APAP in normal doses everyday has been shown to cause increases in liver function tests of up to three fold.

Aspirin: Large doses or continuous use can cause gastrointestinal bleeding, ringing in the ears (tinnitus), nausea, vomiting, dizziness, hyperthermia, seizures, cerebral edema and comas. Most deaths from aspirin overdose are due to pulmonary edema. Aspirin can be toxic at 150mg/kg of body mass, and is considered lethal at above 500mg/kg. Although this sounds like a lot of aspirin, similar toxicity can occur with above-average-use spread out over a period of time. If you believe you may have overdosed, seek medical attention.

Ibuprofen: Overdose can cause nausea, stomach pains, dizziness, headaches, tinnitus and nystagmus (rapid eye-wobbles you may be familiar with if you have used MDMA), seizures, hypotension, tachycardia, hepatic and renal failure, cardiac arrest and death (though deaths from ibuprofen are relatively rare compared to APAP and aspirin). Toxic effects of this substance are considered to begin around 100mg/kg of body mass. If you believe you have overdosed on this substance, you should seek medical attention.

Stay safe.

Yes: the drug: acetaminophen, I was told, after a horrid injury, the Empracet, a mixture of codeine 30mg's & 225/250 mg's of acetaminophen in a discussion with the head of a major hospital pain clinic's Head Physician, was more dangerous mg by mg than Morphine for my chronic pain from severe nerve damage. I was taking over 16-20+ per day, along with Robaxisal C1/2 & the issue of liver & kidney damage was many times more and she said Morphine alone would provide better pain relief & reduced dangers than posed by empracet & even by Canadian OTC acetaminophen & 8 mg's of codeine.

So, 225 mg of acetaminophen & 30 mg's of codeine x 20 per day compared to 100 to 200 mg's of just Morphine she said the Morphine hands down would be much healthier for me in the short & long term. Same issues that occur with ibuprofen & aspirin each have similar dis-benefits than the opiate itself, which has greater efficacy for pain relief than in a mixture with these other compounds.

In the uk co-codamol is OTC and it's only 8mg codeine to 500mg paracetamol, no caffeine at all, plus 64 pills equals like 540mg of codeine and considering the ceiling dose is 450mg I really don't think your losing an amount that matters, if I'm right you only lose like 20% if done correctly so there's nothing wrong with my method

I REALLY want to try this method but only have about 50 more 5/325 Percocet left. I'm needing between 3-5 to feel anything lately. And this thread is so long and has so many multiple drugs in it. Can someone copy and paste a direct link to a thread about my situation please? In the meanwhile I'll keep searching here. Thanks everyone!

SWIM is using 5/325 hydrocodones and has found that the solution stays rather red there are the red little specks in the pills and curious if this is bad or what I should be doing instead. ive followed the steps and had clear redish liquid after but cant get rid of the red color any info would help thanks

Put them in a shot glass or snacky cup, cover with water plus like 1/4".

Gave this my first shot today with 5 10/325 hydro. Attempting to create a powder to snort. Filtered a few times but think I still ended up with too much APAP as it burned when snorting. Wondering what you all would think about this, could one perform this extraction and filtering all in a large plastic syringe? Put the water and powder in there, dissolve it, put in freezer and then cover the end with 2 or 3 coffee filters and then when you push the good stuff should shoot right out. Thoughts?

Hey everybody i have a question. I did everything most stuff about cwe i read reccomends doing, and i ended up with idkk like 10-15 ml of white, not cloudy, White liquid. I didnt refrigerate my water bc there were a lot of posts saying that it wasnt a necessary step. I used two 30 mg codeine - 500 mg paracetamol. Now, lets say that getting the water to be real cold was an essential step: is there any way i can save my solution by like refrigerating it? Thanks

Hydrocodone CWE odd question

Hey guys, new here. I have norcos (5 mg hydro/325 mg APAP)...took 4 a couple weeks ago (no CWE) and was a very nice experience. I plan on bumping it to 6 next time, but that's 1950 mg APAP so I want to do a CWE. Looks simple enough, but my question is this...can I do the CWE, say, a day (or more) in advance, let it sit and drink it whenever I want to take it? Not sure if sitting dissolved in water for an extended period ruins the Hydro at all.

Also while on the subject, any suggestions for how much water to use for 6 pills? I see conflicting info when I research this...some saying the more water you use, the higher APAP risk you create, some saying better to use too much than too little.

Thanks.

1950 is not a dangerous amount of APAP for one day. its somewhere between 3,500 and 4,000 in one day so if you're planning on taking 6 one time a day you will be ok. Not saying it's safe but i've taken 10 5/500 hydros and was ok. it's just not something you want to do over and over.

As far as I know and IME it can sit a long time provided it is kept at a reasonable temperature and it is not accidentally going to be consumed by others if you store it in the fridge. I believe it's typically 20 pills to 50 most but the challenge you will face with 6 is that the temperature drops too fast because the volume is so small so it will require extra vigilance. And while 4000mg acetaminophen is potentially fatal within a twenty-four hour period it is wise to not push those boundaries and even half that can be pretty taxing so I applaud your preference to do a CWE.

Hey guys, new here. I have norcos (5 mg hydro/325 mg APAP)...took 4 a couple weeks ago (no CWE) and was a very nice experience. I plan on bumping it to 6 next time, but that's 1950 mg APAP so I want to do a CWE. Looks simple enough, but my question is this...can I do the CWE, say, a day (or more) in advance, let it sit and drink it whenever I want to take it? Not sure if sitting dissolved in water for an extended period ruins the Hydro at all.

Also while on the subject, any suggestions for how much water to use for 6 pills? I see conflicting info when I research this...some saying the more water you use, the higher APAP risk you create, some saying better to use too much than too little.

Thanks.
I moved it to the megathread for you.