• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids cold water codeine extraction on Tylenol 1's

Gray808

Bluelighter
Tylenol 1 is 300 mg acetaminophen 15 mg caffeine and 8 mg codeine
so I'm confident in my procedure in terms of removing acetaminophen I'm just wondering about dosing the product afterwards. I intend to dry the codeine and water solution as well as the acetaminophen and probably fillers and binders and compare the weights to the weight of all the pills before extraction in order to get an idea of how much I lost in filtration and how much acetaminophen I was able to remove. my question is about how I could tell the ratio how much of my codeine powder is binders/fillers and caffeine should I just play it safe and dose my powder as though it were 100% codeine despite caffeine being water soluble i'll be it less so in cold water. is there anything I can get to determine the ratio? I was looking into the idea of TLC plates but I don't think that would help, maybe it would, I have a pretty limited knowledge of how TLC plates work. I was thinking if I could find out the different Rf values of codeine, each binder/filler, caffeine and acetaminophen and then, depending on how far different parts get carried by capillary action in a universal solvent, I would be able to tell what parts would be in each powder. would that work or am I way off? If I know what each powder was composed of how could I find the ratio to take an accurate dose of codeine are there other steps I could take to further purify? can you use TLC plates themselves to purify by reclaiming the different parts? I have access to household appliances, a little money, a good amount of time, a mg scale, a scientific alcohol thermometer and the internet. I'm fine with caffeine contamination as long as I can tell how many mg caffeine to a mg of codeine and know how much binder and filler made it through. any suggestions, corrections, observations would be great I'm in no big hurry to get this done and it would be worth it to me to take the time to purify it further or know the ratio. I'm willing to order equipment/get chemicals. thx in advance if anyone can help

I wish that I could be of more help here,

but I think it's probably smart to err on the side of caution and calculate dosage, as if what you have is indeed 100% codeine. That's a far better alternative than assuming it's less than 100% and overdosing as a result.

Hopefully somebody more knowledgable on the other stuff can chime in.

ya I might be able to figure it out on my own but whatever I do I will dose it as if its 100% codeine if I find a good method of getting rid of all the binders/fillers and caffeine I'll post back here about how I did it.

also off topic and not meant to diminish the potential danger here but is it even possible to overdose on codeine if you're not an ultra rapid metabolizer because of the ceiling effect? Like your body cannot convert more codeine into morphine so you can't get enough to cause fatal respiratory depression? Of course ill be treating it like anything over 300 mg is od territory and will probably not take any dose higher than 100 mg if even that, just curious. I know that if you take more codeine past the ceiling effect on the high you'll still run into more iciness constipation so on, so can taking more past that ceiling cause more respiratory depression? not that anyone should look at what I just said and go codeine is totally safe under any circumstances I'm going to take a gram of it now. it clearly inst and you have no idea how well you metabolize it. this drug requires extensive feeling out and slow going.

oh wow I was really making this much more complicated than it needs to be. I know how much codeine there is total I can just say 800 mg of this powder is codeine so the rest of this is whatever was able to dissolve in the water as well as what made it through the filter. This is also pretty safe because I'll be going off the assumption that 100% of the codeine made it through and of course there will be some loss. I'd still prefer to purify it more and know the exact ratios of what else made it through but I can just have the total weight of codeine over the total weight of powder and dose like that. I'm still interested to hear methods of further purification or finding out the ratios between constituents but it's not really as necessary as I thought it was for accurate dosing.