• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine coke use and nasal damage

blueheart

Greenlighter
Hi Bluelight friends.

I use coke for roughly 11 years now. averaging using on weekends, there were times a bit more, and times a bit less, some times i used almost everyday of the week, as i have been doing for the last year. The difference to most regular users i guess is that, at least in the lastest years, 1 Gram for me, even though its almost everyday that i take it, lasts me between 3weeks / the whole month. I take it with my night drinks, which i drink from 9:30 pm till 1am. I make very small lines, and i they didnt get bigger with time, just smaller and stayed that way. I do it if im out or at home.

I would like your advice in terms of overall health damage, specially the nose channels damage. Am I in less risk of perfurations because of the lower quantity and percentage of day usage, or is it really the same, since coke aparantely doesnt erode directly the septrum or the palate but it constricts the blood supply to them, thus "suffocating them". I usually have one or two days coke free, but im starting to get frightned as i read about people with wholes in the mouth ceiling etc. I rarely ever seen blood from blowing out my nose, havent seen recently, and when i see its little bits, and i almost never have a runny nose. would i be feeling something that would indicate me that potetial serious damage was happening ?

Thanks for reading this and would be gratefull for your opinions.

XXXXXX

You sound like much lower risk for those complications from what you explained, especially if you had some good luck with the cuts in cocaine. I'm of the view that unless you're sniffing an incredible volume or it has some very caustic cuts, our bodies do a good job repairing the minor irritation from short periods of use throughout the day.

Thank you for your reply Deru. I starting reading about this, and obviously found a lot of stuff, and obviously filtered by my non medical nor scientific eyes. But got scared from some articles that mentioned people in their early 20's that got septum and palate perfurations, I wouldnt say people with that age would already get that, cause I would imagine they would be weekend users average. I even read somewhere that an older guy went to see a doctor after 5 years of usage stop, to discover palate perfuration. (suposedly it kept erroding all that time (!) . I been having an upper premolar tooth issue with pain on left side radiating, i think thats what made me start reading about this, and got scared and stopped (two weeks ago). the pain radiates arround and after reading about all this, i think my head my doing tricks on me thinking it might be palate, been feeling like i have mucus behind the nose channel, and also giving attention if something might pass from mouth to nose...

I have been to the dentist twice now, would her for sure would have spotted apparent erosion or damage or something?

That is with abuse. And they are most likely ripping rails of all kinds of drugs if they blew their nose out by 20's.

You are good. I would imagine the dentist is not looking for that specifically, but they would say something if they saw it. Certainly ask if worried, they know that whole area of the face very well.

Must be some good coke :) Its definitely playing with your mind.