• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Stimulants Coke After Meth?

Casual21

Greenlighter
Hello Everyone,

I have tried searching but I cant find an answer. I know how meth and cocaine work at a base level. So I have been taking Meth orally, 2 times per day, at 5mg for about two months now. Getting to the point where I'm starting a break because I feel like I need more for the energy I used to get from the 5mg.

My question is if this weekend I had some friends with coke and I did it nasally would I even really feel anything? Would it feel weaker if at all because of the meth already having a chance of making my brain naturally release less dopamine?

Yes, i know both are bad and i should do them. I'm just looking for information about using coke after X amount of time will I even feel it if I have been using meth. Thank you in advance.

Edited so it was not a wall of text

Last edited:
You would absolutely "feel something". You have only been taking five to 10 milligrams a day, even someone who is abusing large amounts of methamphetamine will experience the effects of cocaine. They are two entirely different compounds, and while there is definitely cross tolerance, you would be more tolerant to meth than you would be cocaine. So you might actually get a stronger effect at first. What I can say is cocaine tolerance is typically more severe than with methamphetamine, and users oftentimes struggle to get where they once did in comparison.

First off I commend you OP, you seem to wisely want to avoid the nasty neurotoxicity associated with meth.

Yes if you did cocaine you’d damn sure feel something. As been said, your dosage of meth has been minimal therapeutic level doses. The two work in completely different ways, you’ll be fine.

-GC

G_Chem - I know its bad, but with work at the end of the year is insanely busy and I notice that it helps keep me focused and I bust shit out. I've been doing it this routine for a few years now keeping it at 5mg per day for 2 months at the end of the year. I ONLY take it orally as even though its bad in any form, I'm not one to use needles and snorting in and of itself is an addiction.

Thank you everyone for clearing that up. From what I understood Meth releases dopamine and inhibits reuptake. While cocaine just inhibits uptake. Knowing Meth can make your brain start to release less dopamine I figured I wouldn't feel it since I'm close to my to month end my brain may not be putting as much dopamine out as normal for the cocaine to prevent uptake. Again, base level of chemicals impact on the brain.

Cheers and happy holidays everyone.

How do you know you're doing 5 MG a da?. You can't sure eyeball that. I know you can get it from a pharmacy but that's for rare cases.

I’m no expert, but I believe meth’s neurotoxicity threshold is confined to doses above 200mg/day?

I actually think I read somewhere that methamphetamine is highly neuroprotective under a certain dose (50mg/day)? OP was only using 10mg/day…

That’s why I made that comment. It seems obvious the OP is aware of this based on their modest use.

-GC

G_Chem - I know its bad, but with work at the end of the year is insanely busy and I notice that it helps keep me focused and I bust shit out. I've been doing it this routine for a few years now keeping it at 5mg per day for 2 months at the end of the year. I ONLY take it orally as even though its bad in any form, I'm not one to use needles and snorting in and of itself is an addiction.

Thank you everyone for clearing that up. From what I understood Meth releases dopamine and inhibits reuptake. While cocaine just inhibits uptake. Knowing Meth can make your brain start to release less dopamine I figured I wouldn't feel it since I'm close to my to month end my brain may not be putting as much dopamine out as normal for the cocaine to prevent uptake. Again, base level of chemicals impact on the brain.

Cheers and happy holidays everyone.

I think ya’ll have misinterpreted what I was saying, I was commending you for your rather safe approach.

-GC

G_Chem - You are completely right, I read it as condemn rather than commend. My apologies.

Sonic - Crush it up into fine power desolve and volumetric dose. 1 gram into 200ml of solution is 5mg per ml.

Last edited:
Hello Everyone,

I have tried searching but I cant find an answer. I know how meth and cocaine work at a base level. So I have been taking Meth orally, 2 times per day, at 5mg for about two months now. Getting to the point where I'm starting a break because I feel like I need more for the energy I used to get from the 5mg.

My question is if this weekend I had some friends with coke and I did it nasally would I even really feel anything? Would it feel weaker if at all because of the meth already having a chance of making my brain naturally release less dopamine?

Yes, i know both are bad and i should do them. I'm just looking for information about using coke after X amount of time will I even feel it if I have been using meth. Thank you in advance.

Edited so it was not a wall of text
Just call the ambulance before you do it cuz you're asking for a heart attack or a stroke or both.

I guess I'm being a little bit dramatic, however, regardless that you're only taking 10 mg of desoxyn a day, cocaine has widely varying effects on the heart. Most people can get away with cocaine. And honestly, milligram for milligram methamphetamine is much worse for the heart than cocaine. However, people do a gram of cocaine a night without thinking about it.

Remember, Len Bias died from a couple lines, during his celebration party when he got taken in the draft by the Boston Celtics about 40 years ago.