• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Coffee, Anxiety and Psychedelics

Delsyd said:
i enjoy a cup of tea whenever. i never noticed any negative effects on psychedelics from it. In fact it usually makes me feel better (prob because i love tea)
Lol me too, I love tea. :)

I like tea, but I much prefer coffee. I am trying to cut down, making my own 'half-caff' coffee....it is very addictive, old caffeine. Speaking of which, my plans have changed- time for a coffee and music. Fuck sleep.

woops. Thought this was the social thread

Anxiety under Psychedelics

Coffee is good, tea is good. Half a dozen Red Bulls may be pushing things a bit.

Most anxiety is in direct response to our environment. Do not necessarily cut down on caffeinated bevies, cut down on the amount of news you watch on T.V. Cut down on the violence in some of those video games. See the beauty in the world around you and choose not to see so much of the bad.

Perhaps then all you 'psychonauts' can leave your tripkits with the strong pharmaceuticals and anti-psychotics for the poor bastards for which they were intended.

i drink 4-5 cups every morning, and i dropped 6 semi-strong tabs yesterday.. started to get the GOOD stomach float less ness and the giggles. so i popped some kpins.. kinda diminished the trip i thought. oh whell.

ergonaut said:
Coffee is good, tea is good. Half a dozen Red Bulls may be pushing things a bit.

Most anxiety is in direct response to our environment. Do not necessarily cut down on caffeinated bevies, cut down on the amount of news you watch on T.V. Cut down on the violence in some of those video games. See the beauty in the world around you and choose not to see so much of the bad.

True, but then sticking your head in the sand is no response. Also, it is correct to say that anxiety is environmental, but its also naive to neglect the effect checmicals have on the brain; thus a stimulated mind of someone feeling anxious can be very negative.

It is also pretty common for people to react negatively to coffee whether they watch TV or not ;)

ergonaut said:
Perhaps then all you 'psychonauts' can leave your tripkits with the strong pharmaceuticals and anti-psychotics for the poor bastards for which they were intended.

I'm not sure in what way you meant that, but generalising usually doesn't provoke very good responses :| . Personally, my tripkit sits between my ears.

Nitrous is Nice said:
No doubt that there is a direct correlation between coffee consumption and anxiety.

I'm not much of a coffee drinker myself, but within the last year I've gone from drinking one or two sodas a day to maybe one a week. I noticed a slight decrease in anxiety over that time. Plus there's no doubt that I feel a lot better physically overall when I'm barely drinking any soda compared to when I would have one or two a day.

Now that I think about it, I'm really glad that I've been able to phase caffeine out of my diet as much as I have. To anybody who is pondering cutting down on their caffeine intake, my advice is to go for it. The positive benefits far outweigh the temporary lack of stimulation that the caffeine caused you.
This has to be on the internet twice :)

Ptah said:
I never drink coffee, but to go slightly offtopic I've always suspected that a world without coffee might look very different, and for the better...

I have asked myself the same question and I think you might be right.

Hmm, I seem to have regained a rathe rextraordinairy sensitivity to caffeine after my raither hair-raising ketamine and DPT voyages last weekend. Though admittedly, I am also tapering (I REALLY AM I SWEAR IT THIS TIME!!!!!!!!) off valium- down to 20mg/day now- and ow!

Cofee is strong stuff, really strong I think. Problem is, I get shocking headaches without it.... I dunno, I sense some vague connections (please allow me this)- caffeine is a vasodilator, so presumably the w'd effects will be constriction or at least more noticeable constriction in the old head- thus the migraine'y headaches that come with withdrawal. Interestingly, 5HT agonists can rid one of migraines....I would wonder by what means caffeine dilates blood vessels (adrenaline/noradrenaline should have the opposite effect to that, yes?), and whether it inadvertently involves serotonin. Anyway, thats just a string of seemingly connected gibberish.

I've never really paid attention to caffeine's effects on psychedelic trips. I consider caffeine to be a pretty benign drug. But come to think of it, there is probably a correlation between the heightened energy and pace of thoughts/speech when I take a few shots of espresso before shrooming.

^Well, there has to be, seeing as caffeine is decicdely psychoactive. I just think certain events of a chemicular nature can possibly sensitize one to the effects of caffeine. I can have amphetamine without any of the jitterriness or anxiety of coffee....in my mind the two are becoming comparable, except for duration.