• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Codeine

Bigjay99

Greenlighter
I am addicted to codeine, I would like to come clean off it, but I've been having terrible withdrawals and the doctor said she can't do anything as it wasn't a drug prescribed to me??? Where do I turn I'm so confused thanks

How much were you taking daily and for how long? Withdrawals only last a few days if its something you haven't taken for too long daily. I would not recommend a methadone clinic as methadone is a much worse addiction that codeine but you may be able to get a suboxone taper, this never worked for me though

Hi Bigjay99, welcome to Bluelight!

How long have you been using codeine and what is your daily dose?

Also what country do you live in?

If you can provide more details we can advise accordingly. Many a serious opiate addiction has started with codeine, but if you can resist turning to stronger opiates then it is probably the easiest to withdraw from.

Suboxone can be just as bad as a dependency as most any other opioid... Horrible recommendation for codeine withdrawals.

That said they're only 5 days where the 3-4 day is the worst. Your doctor should've provided a "kick pack" with things like benadryl, zofran, clonidine, etc meant to reduce the severity of withdrawal symptoms.

Not much to do besides tough it out

Edit: Make sure to shower regularly, eat proper nutrition more then filling, and wear clean clothes... The little things will make all the difference