• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

codeine insuffilated

Armoth said:
that was a waste, can't you only metabolize like 400mgs at a time?

There is a lot of mis-information out there regarding Codeine, so I'm not sure what to believe any more. Apparently there is a ceiling effect at about 400-500mg, however anecdotal evidence suggests that many people are not affected by this ceiling.

Also, insufflation of Codeine causing death is a new one. I've never heard of that, but a massive histamine release in your lungs can't be good. However, I don't know whether that is even an issue, considering the amount that would make it there would be small. Surely taken nasally with an anti-histamine (fairly potent one [I keep meaning to try it with Polaramine, but forget, I want to see how it is as a potentiator]), then surely the risks of complications would be low.

The only downside is that it's not too effective compared to oral administration: the bioavailability of Codeine orally is so high its really not worth the bother.

i would love to see some sources on that "ceiling effect", i haven't been able to confirm that.

My personal experience shows me that if i take 400mgs and ~8 hours later another 250mgs i still get some effects. Not as strong as expected, but i get deff. effects.

So if someone has sources, POST THEM =D

definately don't snort codeine pills IME (yea stupid i know)... i dunno about pure codeine...

paranoid android said:
Codeine doesn't cause any high if you snort it. It has to be metabolized in the liver and turned into morphine in order to work. No harm in doing it but it would be a waste.
Heroin is a prodrug too but I don't see anyone saying that it doesn't work nasally. It still goes through the liver with any ROA.

FlamingSeveredHead said:
Codeine Metabolises in your intestines.

Why do you say these things if you don't know what you're talking about?

Codeine is metabolized hepatically.

Ham-milton said:
Why do you say these things if you don't know what you're talking about?

Codeine is metabolized hepatically.

In that case, insufflated should work (I`m talking Codeine powder here), correct?