Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine Extraction

Status
Not open for further replies.
Panadeine Plus im pretty sure is OTC, however it is not on the shelves. Iv bought many a pack of codeine tablets, and once i was asking questions and the girl said something about if your in a lot of pain we can give u a tablet with 15mg of codeine. i didnt worry about it, because i can always just use more of a smaller one, plus i dont know what sizes they come in or anything, may have only been 24's or something, plus may have to sign paperwork or something, that seems to be happening alot nowadays, but i dont know. because i didnt go that far, if anyone else would like to enlighten this thread that would be great :)

iv used many different types of tablets for CWE's, il try and make a bit of a list of the good paracetamol/codeine tablets to use (dissolve easily, filter well) and the bad ones.

GOOD ONES

Chemists Own Pain Tablets*
Panadeine
Panamax Co.

Bad Ones

Chemists Own Pain TABSULES**
Codalgin
"Your Pharmacy" Paracetamol and Codeine Capsule Shaped Tablets

* The Chemists Own Pain Tablets are THE BEST pills i have come across for CWE. they come in 5 different sizes, 24 pack, 48 pack, 50 bottle, 96 pack or 100 bottle. They are generally cheaper than any other generic P+C pill, they dissolve super quick and filter just as fast. The solution i get is always translucent. The 100 bottle also tends to be cheaper than the 96 pack, or any other type of these pills for that matter, and it is heaps better to work with because u dont have to click all the tablets out :) just pour them into your hand and count them out! These tablets have 500mg of paracetamol and 10mg of codeine each, which is more than panadeine.

** The Chemists Own Pain Tabsules are different to the tablets, they are more expensive, they are yellow, thich can make it difficult to see any solids in the filtered solution, they also have 9.6 mg of codeine instead of 10, and they take AGES to dissolve and filter, these are the worst paracetamol pills i have dome across.

Ahh iv just had a massive memory blank.... there are heaps more but i cant remember them atm!! Well as i remember them il come back and edit this post, thanks for your time guys :)

"Your Pharmacy" Paracetamol and Codeine Capsule Shaped Tablets

why are these bad. I got the terry white ones cos they were out of "chemists own" they were eight bucks for 48.. 500mg para and 10mg codeine... oblong pills though... whats so bad about them ?

Let me tell you a funny story today too when buying them. I asked the head pharmacist if he had the chemical in grapefruit juice in vitamen form (forget the name but he google'd it and told me).. he said sorry they didnt stock it, but to go chug a lot of grape fruit juice and that will do the trick, so you dont have to take as many codeine+paracetamol pills to get the same effects as more, removing the risk of paracetamol liver trouble. Of course I knew i can CW.E. it but I asked as an experiment, to see what he would say. I also had in plain view in a clear plastic bag, 4 packets of poppy seeds. Later came back and got a script for 7 stilnox :p

Splatt said:
why are these bad. I got the terry white ones cos they were out of "chemists own" they were eight bucks for 48.. 500mg para and 10mg codeine... oblong pills though... whats so bad about them ?

Let me tell you a funny story today too when buying them. I asked the head pharmacist if he had the chemical in grapefruit juice in vitamen form (forget the name but he google'd it and told me).. he said sorry they didnt stock it, but to go chug a lot of grape fruit juice and that will do the trick, so you dont have to take as many codeine+paracetamol pills to get the same effects as more, removing the risk of paracetamol liver trouble. Of course I knew i can CW.E. it but I asked as an experiment, to see what he would say. I also had in plain view in a clear plastic bag, 4 packets of poppy seeds. Later came back and got a script for 7 stilnox :p
Nah, "terry white" pills suck because they take ages and ages to dissolve. The best ones are "chemist's own" and Amcal's capsules because they both contain 500/10 Para/codeine and both dissolve super fast. Amcal ones are the cheapest though.

Just a question; since you obviously do both, what do you prefer? Poppy seed tea or codeine?

Oh, and also; how did you find the grapefruit juice affected the codeine? Was there a noticible difference for you?

Neveer tried poppy seed but will at thw lowish dose of 400g sometime. Dreading the taste, sickness and vomitting though! Maybe another day!

BTW I normally do use Chemists Own.. they were just out of stock and I was buying these to use for a hangover. Less likely to do the filter as say 3480mg codeine seems to be like having a few shots and smoking some loq quality seedy bush or a bunch of leag, that makes you scratch yourself. Only use it when desperate for some type of high :p

Splatt said:
Neveer tried poppy seed but will at thw lowish dose of 400g sometime. Dreading the taste, sickness and vomitting though! Maybe another day!

BTW I normally do use Chemists Own.. they were just out of stock and I was buying these to use for a hangover. Less likely to do the filter as say 3480mg codeine seems to be like having a few shots and smoking some loq quality seedy bush or a bunch of leag, that makes you scratch yourself. Only use it when desperate for some type of high :p
I'd recommend that you start lower than 400g poppyseeds for safety reasons. Yeah the taste is pretty ordinary, but not too bad overall... i consider it a rite of passage. And for those of us that don't itch much with opiates, codeine is pretty nice indeed!

Oh, and how good is codeine for a hangover! That's my stock-standard hangover cure; works every single time.

Was planning to mix the codeine with the poppyseeds about 3 hours into it if I wasn't gett much, with dramamine on hand. 400g too high for a first time? These are just Hoyts brand 100g bags from a supermarket. Seeds range from mostly dark, blue, some red and purple, and have little bits of a tobacco like substance scattered through it a bit.

Opiates hardly effect me sadly, 40mg of oxycodone snorted at once is very, very subtle. No tolerance here, not a opi8 user.

Last edited:
Splatt said:
Was planning to mix the codeine with the poppyseeds about 3 hours into it if I wasn't gett much, with dramamine on hand. 400g too high for a first time? These are just Hoyts brand 100g bags from a supermarket. Seeds range from mostly dark, blue, some red and purple, and have little bits of a tobacco like substance scattered through it a bit.

Opiates hardly effect me sadly, 40mg of oxycodone snorted at once is very subtle. No tolerance here, not a opi8 user.
That's the only brand I've ever used and have found the strength to vary significantly from batch to batch. Initially, I used to be able to feel even 100g, although not much...

I've used up to 400g never felt any nausea whatsoever, I guess I'm just lucky though coz that's apparently very unusual.

Shame about the oxy. I reckon that much would knock my socks off, although I've never had the chance to get my hands on any. If only I had chronic pain...

Or knew someone with chronic pain that is sick of opiate tolerance and prefers weed instead.... yiou'd be surprised hoiw many people I've talked to with back, neck and other serious pain and conditions that prefer cannabis. I myself never found it did much without the use of another sedative or pain killer combined with it though.

Splatt said:
Or knew someone with chronic pain that is sick of opiate tolerance and prefers weed instead.... yiou'd be surprised hoiw many people I've talked to with back, neck and other serious pain and conditions that prefer cannabis. I myself never found it did much without the use of another sedative or pain killer combined with it though.
I hate cannabis full stop. Never liked it at all coz it makes me edgy and totally uncomfortable.

Anyway, I'm off to make friends with people with chronic pain then.

Splatt said:

they just take longer to dissolve and filter than the other "good" brands. chemists own is always the best choice.

iv tried grapefruit juice also, a couple of times, i find it actually has a reverse effect for me, actually stops me getting as high personally.... i however havnt tried it with poppy tea

i havnt done poppy tea for a while (due to not having any seeds, and not knowing where to get them) but off memory i find the highs very similar. only difference with poppy seed tea is that u can keep drinking it and stay high, as opposed to codeine where u drink it, get high, then get normal then later u can get high again.

Has anyone attempted to evaporate the results of a CWE? I can find nothing in any of the various extraction teks...

EDIT: Having said that I found a brief footnote, but if anyone's tried it, I'd appreciate any feedback.

yossarian_is_sane! said:
Has anyone attempted to evaporate the results of a CWE? I can find nothing in any of the various extraction teks...

EDIT: Having said that I found a brief footnote, but if anyone's tried it, I'd appreciate any feedback.
Yep, I've tried it. Took a while to do and the stuff was hard to scrape off - i'm sure i lost a fair bit. The point was to store some, but it didn't store well at all. Kinda went all soft, clumpy and discoloured. Complete waste of time and i won't be doing it again. Pointless too, coz it's not particularly good to snort and if i need to store it, I'll just put it in the fridge from now on.

Tortoise said:
Yep, I've tried it. Took a while to do and the stuff was hard to scrape off - i'm sure i lost a fair bit. The point was to store some, but it didn't store well at all. Kinda went all soft, clumpy and discoloured. Complete waste of time and i won't be doing it again. Pointless too, coz it's not particularly good to snort and if i need to store it, I'll just put it in the fridge from now on.

Hmm i was considering making a fairly big batch and then evaporating it and then weighing it out into measurable amounts.

Would u recommend against that then? would it not be worth it? or should i give it a go anyway?

i dont plan to snort it, just weigh/measure it out into amounts so i dont have to drink a cup of foul tasting liquid, rather just eat a gel cap or something of it.

what sort of texture does the evaporated powder/gunk end up as?

Just don't mix them with MDMA caps. or give them to anyone if they're on or have had MDMA. Some potential bad interaction can occur.

Adic said:
Hmm i was considering making a fairly big batch and then evaporating it and then weighing it out into measurable amounts.

Would u recommend against that then? would it not be worth it? or should i give it a go anyway?

i dont plan to snort it, just weigh/measure it out into amounts so i dont have to drink a cup of foul tasting liquid, rather just eat a gel cap or something of it.

what sort of texture does the evaporated powder/gunk end up as?
Dude, it's a lot of work is all I'm saying. There is potential to lose heaps in the process but it still works. Much easier to just down the solution though. Consider the bitter taste a rite of passage. No pleasure without pain...

Tortoise said:
Dude, it's a lot of work is all I'm saying. There is potential to lose heaps in the process but it still works. Much easier to just down the solution though. Consider the bitter taste a rite of passage. No pleasure without pain...

oh i can cop the taste and that, i just thought it would be fun to make a big batch and weigh it out in a powder as an experiment, but if it doesnt work it would be pointless.

I understand it would be alot of work, especially evaporating out the liquid, i dont think its anything that would be feasible to do all the time, but a once off big batch would be an interesting experiment.

thanks for the tips though man

Apologies if this has already been posted but I wanted everyone to be aware of these:

P2260_chemistsownpaintabs100.jpg

Chemist's Own Pain Tablets. 100 in a bottle.

Happy extracting :)

Last edited:
Do most chemists stock that and do you normally get the 50 question drill when buying? Can imagine the pharmacist being annoying because of the large quantity. Price looks great though on the net, and get 3 uses out of one bottle for same sorta price as N+ 48pack (1 and a bit uses for me).

yeah they are definetly the best ones to use

i just say im after panadeine but ask if they have a cheaper brand, then when they show me i ask if they have a long use by date because if they do il buy a bigger pack to save money ;)

then when they check they are usually about 2 and a half years and i say yeah that should be sweet and buy them :)

I extracted codeine and evaporated the solution a few years ago. I found that you can get white crystals growing off a pyrex dish. But as mentioned above, its doesn't store well and may be wasteful if your planing on using it in the next day or two.

Now if you have some platina black/paladium catalyst and plan on cooking up some oxycodone that's another story.......

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.