• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine & CWE (aka cdub) Megathread: third time's the charm

anyone else's favourite Panafen Plus? They are ibuprofen based so no serious liver issue if you mess it up and they dissolve very quickly in tap temp water.

Also in filtering I use a kitchen hand washer thing that is quite fine seems to get alot of gunk out but still come out with a bit cloudy solution. Can do it in 10 mins. BUT if you/I do it regularly I reckon one filter like that isnt good enough even for ibuprofen, but then the dam coffee filters take like overnight to drain through does my head in. Even tried first pass thru the kitchen rag then the coffee filters but they are so dam slow dripping through???

BMW driver I don't think you need quite that much water, try about 80ml or 2ml per tablet, to really reduce the amount of possible para/ibu in the final product. And no need to shake it either. Otherwise that seems like a spot on method.

Mcwally I agree coffee filters are a head ache but if you have the time they're worth it. If you pour to much into it they tend to get clogged as well and some codeine doesn't get through so I normally try not put more than 15 tablets worth into a single filter. If you don't wanna use a coffee filter use kitchen paper towels folded a few times over each other which is a lot quicker but may require a few filtration's to get rid of cloudiness.

anyone else's favourite Panafen Plus? They are ibuprofen based so no serious liver issue if you mess it up and they dissolve very quickly in tap temp water.

Actually, there can be a pretty wide and awful range of severe side effects from over consumption of ibuprofen. It seems to be particularly aggravating to the guts, especially for those with existing vulnerabilities (such as stomach ulcers).

Be safe.

^ yeah, people shouldn't drink their CWE if it 'messes up' in any way.

Mess up with ibuprofen and your stomach hates you.

Mess up with paracetamol and your liver hates you.

I choose neither (if it's 'messed up' it's turfed).

sure, but just saying paracetamol overdose is/can be fatal in short time, I would prefer a stomach ulcer. Yes you can say neither is better but my logic is still sound nevertheless. For someone doing it not regularly and a quick rag through filter I would suggest ibuprofen based rather than paracetamol based pills.

Anyway we both get it I know what you are saying.

Also in filtering I use a kitchen hand washer thing that is quite fine seems to get alot of gunk out but still come out with a bit cloudy solution. Can do it in 10 mins. BUT if you/I do it regularly I reckon one filter like that isnt good enough even for ibuprofen, but then the dam coffee filters take like overnight to drain through does my head in. Even tried first pass thru the kitchen rag then the coffee filters but they are so dam slow dripping through???

It's my favourite too. I like how quickly it dissolves - it looks like cotton wool balls when it get wet. I always find ibu preparations have a cloudier final product. I've found a very effective filtering method is to double or triple up some wet coffee filters and pour the glug straight in there. You can give it a bit of a squeeze without breaking the filters, but then I put the coffee filters/sludge inside a tightly woven shirt and squeeze through that. You can avoid breaking the coffee filters when you're squeezing hard that way, and it's very quick and effective.

It's my favourite too. I like how quickly it dissolves - it looks like cotton wool balls when it get wet. I always find ibu preparations have a cloudier final product. I've found a very effective filtering method is to double or triple up some wet coffee filters and pour the glug straight in there. You can give it a bit of a squeeze without breaking the filters, but then I put the coffee filters/sludge inside a tightly woven shirt and squeeze through that. You can avoid breaking the coffee filters when you're squeezing hard that way, and it's very quick and effective.

ok I will try that with the filters, why do you do it in that order though?. I would have thought hard squeeze through the shirt remove alot of gunk with no chance of a split/tear then put the 'half' filtered product through the double/triple coffee filters? so they are less clogged.

Is it because by then the solution would be so liquid you can't really squeeze the solution through the filters without a tear?

The way you described is the way I used to do it, but I never found the coffee filters caught much more than just putting it through a shirt. Now I put the codeine mix straight into the coffee filters, then wrap the coffee filters in a wet shirt and squeeze it then. It seems to come out a lot clearer, and there's no waiting for the shit to drip through the coffee filter.

I just did it through triple coffee filters squeezed (not huge squeeze) then a fine rag and I don't think the rag removed any extra ibu/fillers.

Perhaps the multiple filters layered best distrubutes the squeeze forces so tears are less likely and if one tears there is the next one so doesn't really matter.

I might just stick to a triple coffee filter it did a pretty good clean

Now I put the codeine mix straight into the coffee filters, then wrap the coffee filters in a wet shirt and squeeze it then. It seems to come out a lot clearer, and there's no waiting for the shit to drip through the coffee filter.

tried this now and it is the way to go; panafen plus triple coffee filter rag squeeze ftw!

Any reason you guys don't just use a Buchner funnel? I just pour it in the funnel, set the vacuum, walk off and grab a drink or something, come back a couple minutes later and it's done...no chance of tearing and can use finer grade filters due to having vacuum assistance, likely to get a better yield too

They aren't expensive or hard to get, I had one due to studying chemical engineering, I'm actually using it just now haha, makes the extraction extremely easy and proper lab filter+vacuum = fast high yield :)

Is the codeine stronger when done with CWE ie if you ingest 16 tablets of 15mg codeine/500 paracetamol, then do same with cwe does it make it more potent? ?? I hope that makes sense thanks

CWE's will loose some strength, as opposed to eating the same amount in pills.

But with the tablets you mention, I would like to say that's ALOT of paracetamol to take in one dose. Your liver may have trouble, which I guess, could make it harder to do it's conversion. But that's not the issue here really.

Please don't take that much paracetamol at once, permanent liver damage wouldn't be fun.

Any reason you guys don't just use a Buchner funnel? I just pour it in the funnel, set the vacuum, walk off and grab a drink or something, come back a couple minutes later and it's done...no chance of tearing and can use finer grade filters due to having vacuum assistance, likely to get a better yield too

One of those would have made my life much easier 4 or 5 years ago :/

I've found I've now lost the magic with codeine. I've been using once a week now for a month or two, with no other opiates, so my tolerance isn't near where it was when using daily for a year. Even though I can feel it's more potent then when I was using daily, it's lost the magic. I just don't enjoy the experience like I used to. It's probably a good thing, but at the same time, a little confusing because I thought with a lowered tolerance much of the enjoyment I missed dosing frequently would return.

I think the memory of the pain withdrawal and heavy habituation caused is still fresh in my mind so some part of me won't allow me to enjoy it fully, which is again, probably a good thing.

Anyone been using for a couple of years and still have that magic?

don't think it would be possible, by then magic would be feeling normal on it and not withdrawing probably lol

I'm done with codeine this time again, even trying to filter properly I start to take it every day and it loses the magic and I can't ignore the fact that even with CWE I am getting too much either ibuprofen or paracetamol daily for it to be safe imho

I got to a point where you could say I lost the magic, it doesn't matter if I haven't used opiates for 6 months, dose on a completely empty stomach, take an antacid, and use a ceiling dose with various potentiators on top I STILL will not get close to a nod... Granted throughout my codeine using career I regularly used stronger opiates/opioids like morphine, oxycodone and heroin.

I do think ones tolerance can get to a point they will probably never fully appreciate codeine again, if you are looking for a milder buzz it might still be okay, but if you are looking to get any remotely intensely sedating effects from it, even with decent potentiator's thrown in the mix, you will probably be disappointed.

I still enjoyed codeine without necessarily getting intense effects from it, but I started to feel like my guts were copping damage after nearly every CWE, even with a crystal clear solution I would get stomach pains and shit, and it stopped being worth it to me. It is probably a year or two since I bothered to perform a CWE, certainly 2 or 3 since I used the stuff with any regularity at all.

Last edited: