• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

Codeine & CWE (aka cdub) Megathread: third time's the charm

^ I am not "believing what I read online" I have been to France and purchased Paderyl myself. I did not have any problems obtaining that or another OTC opie that is available there, I was in Paris too, must of been really bad luck that you had trouble. I wouldn't consider myself dodgy looking but I am a young male and I often have longish hair and/or facial hair, it is definitely not unheard of for me to be stereotyped as a potential drug user. I didn't spend a great deal of time in France but between my brother and myself we managed to obtain pure otc opiates from a handful of different pharmacies whilst there and did not have so much as one refuse usale, I don't know why they would it is a 100% legal OTC product.

It would be incredibly unfortunate if there was a high percentage of pharmacies refusing to supply these medications, they are so much less harmful than the ones that contain paracetamol and ibuprofen. You would think that a Country with liberal enough laws to allow the sale of these products over the counter would generally have pharmacists who had no problem dispensing them, it would be pretty much the equivalent to refusing someone sale of N+ here, which I know isn't unheard of but is pretty damn rare and is usually not done without some kind of reasoning or justification.

I must admit, I was extremely scepticle untill I tried it myself.

And nearly cried the day I got home to find my n+'s had been tampered with by the pharmaceutical company. Arseholes.

Just another example of reverse HR brought to you by our caring government.

What did they do to N+???

What did they do to N+???

You used to be able to do this to them:

N6.jpg

One side was pure codeine.

OK - Excellent. I got padéryl. Now I dont have to worry about my organs.

Thanks!

Ok so I started out with 160 mg and had 40mg extra every half hour or so. Didn't really feel great, so kept adding 2 extra to see what happebs. I just kinda felt heavy. Then all of a sudden it kind of hit me and I freaked out. Had a panic attack and started walking around. I feel better now, but what do you think? It won't keep creeping up on me will it? Will a beer chill me out? I had a bit liss than 320mg. No para or anythibg. I have a d I nner part y in 4 hours. Bit freaked out here

I have been havng 160mg a bit and bo effects.. so Id say im a bit tolerant. Im just worried that it will keep creeping up on me. I had really dry mouth and I feel just numb. Not a good feeling. Reminds me of being stoned. What should I do? Is prob been 1 hour/ 1 hour and a half since last dose. I started about 11 am for hours ago. If it doesn't get worse I should be ok.

OK I think I've chilled into it now. Geez, that was scary. I have suffered from panic disorder my whole life so I think It was just a panic attack from not knowing what was happening and thinking id overdone it.

All good now.

^ How are you feeling now? It does sound like a bit of panic, but I can relate to that. When I was in Paris I bought tussipax - codeine and ethyl morphine - and after taking a couple packets of those I got the most intense histamine release I've ever had. As well as intense itching and burning all over, my heart was beating so hard and fast, I felt dizzy and out of it - and it did scare me a bit, and get me thinking what the fuck was happening. I did convince myself it was just a histamine reaction, but I definitely experienced a bit of anxiety with that one.

Do you reckon you'll try it again? You could think about taking an anti histamine beforehand next time - I don't know if a histamine reaction contributed to your bad feelings at all, but I've always found a sedating anti histamine and codeine goes together really well, and makes the experience much more pleasant.

^yep codethyline/ethyl morphine has got to be the worst opiate for histamine release, crazy itchiness and flush face etc.

jesus I remember waiting in a long line to get on a plane in Europe and ate a handful of codethyline to pass the time, some fellow passenger actually narked on me to security, I was then kept for observation before they would allow me on the plane , luckily some stewardesses managed to get me on the plane after about 30 mins of trying to hold my rapidly deteriorating shit together, finally free from observation I then proceeded to scratch the shit out of myself for the duration of the flight.

definitely one opiate to avoid.

I did have a rather unpleasant train ride from Paris to Amsterdam after eating a whole packet of Tussipax, it is indeed the worst drug I ever took for histamine release. If I had to choose between going through the sorbitol shits from Rikodeine again or the histamine reaction from Tussipax I would take the Riko hands down, although in my view neither drug formulation provides a high worth the discomfort.

First time I used codeine and DXM together I forgot an antihistamine and pretty much peeled the skin off 90% of my body from scratching. I get it extremely bad on Codeine by itself too and won't ever take it without an antihistamine, even if that means dulling my experience.

I did have a rather unpleasant train ride from Paris to Amsterdam after eating a whole packet of Tussipax, it is indeed the worst drug I ever took for histamine release. If I had to choose between going through the sorbitol shits from Rikodeine again or the histamine reaction from Tussipax I would take the Riko hands down, although in my view neither drug formulation provides a high worth the discomfort.

If only I got a dollar for the amount of times I've heard: high dose codeine mixed with another opiate, causing a mad histamine attack.

I have mixed high dose codeine with heaps of opiates without that reaction, when I was taking numerous opiates regularly I would almost always CWE 600-800mg codeine along with it and had no issues with a crazy histamine reaction. This experience on that train was crazy, I honestly blame the ethylmorphine and am not too sure I would have much interest in trying it on its own.

I hadn't heard of it till today, ethylmorphine.

Why can't they stick to putting only one active ingredient in the tablets. Not some strange cocktail. Leave the mixing to us ;).

^ I don't think it's very common outside of a few places in europe. a lot of the solo codeine products are more commonly sold as an antitussives than for analgesia.

Codeine is methyl morphine , codethyline is ethyl morphine , the only difference from morphine being rather than a hydroxyl there are ethyl and methyl groups on the 3 position off the phenol ring , it is these alkyl groups that are removed by the cyp2d6 enyzme during metabolism of codeine/codethyline to morphine.

^ cheers, I had a read about it earlier. I guess it would be very similar in effects to codeine then.

Would they use them in conjunction, to slow down the metabolism? Making it last longer?

In my experience the combination of codeine and ethyl morphine does last longer than codeine itself, I would say it has a slower onset but this could likely be contributed to the fact that the overwhelming majority of my recreational codeine consumption has been in solution and I only ever took this combo as tablets. Even taking that into account I would say the effects of ethyl morphine seem to last longer than codeine, but the lingering effects in my experience tend to be more on the negative side of things like itchiness and nausea.

Of course everyone is different, but the few people I know personally to have tried it have had similar experiences to me. I did not take an antihistamine with it and it would likely be more enjoyable if I had. Personally I feel it is inferior to codeine and the only reason I could see a recreational drug user choosing it over codeine is if they had a decent opiate habit they would get better relief from the combination than codeine on its own.

^ cheers, I had a read about it earlier. I guess it would be very similar in effects to codeine then.

Would they use them in conjunction, to slow down the metabolism? Making it last longer?

In the case of tussipax it's an antitussive formulation, hence the tussi. ethyl morphine is a stronger antitussive than codeine but also has high side effect profile so I'd imagine they are mitigating the sides of an all ethylmorphine formulation with the addition of codeine.
It's possible to buy pure 5mg codethyline tablets. directions state take 1-2 tablets for cough , sometimes it pays to read the label.