• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine, compared to Tramadol and IV morphine.

RandomClean3

Bluelighter
So I used to be a polyaddict, and pharm-speedballs were my faves, ritalin or amphetamine with morphine, and I did morphine alone more than a few times. Move forward many years, I find myself in an odd situation. I had a back injury which got worst and worst until the pain was so intense I couldn't move. So I've been taking tramadol, which for the most part has been fine, but I have a chance of getting 60ml of a 60mg/ml codeine syrup and my only points of reference are tramadol, which some people like more than codeine while others hate it, and IV morphine, which is what I would like to stay away from. I'm aware that with neither med I'll get anywhere close to my degenerate past, but I would like to know the basics, does it give a high stronger than tramadol at equianalgesic dosages, is it more stoner-like and how effective it is with moderate to very occasional severe pain (I've been doing kinesotherapy and it has helped greatly)
And if it's not too much to ask, try to be as objective as you can, if you know more people that do drugs than me and you know in average what people think, that's better info than your own personal experience since, specially with these 2 drugs, metabolism matters a lot, and I've seen personal experiences ranging from ''Does nothing for me'' to ''Most amazing drug ever, I wanna marry it and have it's babies'' so I'm interested in more the average, what would be more valued as a high, codeine or tramadol, and which one is more valued as a pain-killer. Thanks in advcance!