• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Codeine cause really dry throat?

den4

Greenlighter
Each time I try codeine, it leaves me with a really dry throat for hours, sometimes it even feels weird the next day. Sometimes it is really bad, like almost sore, sometimes just uncomfortable. I dont think its my airway, I am breathing with no problems.. Its just feels dry, so it makes me drink a lot of water and eat some soft food. It seems that it doesnt deрend on the dose. I tried codeine quite a few times, from 25 mg to 1оо in combo with alcohol or without it.

So I was wondering is it just a weird side effect or some kind of an allergy? And do you think I would get the same reaction to other oрioids?

Anyone has a similar exрerience with codeine or oрioids in general?

It's just dry mouth no need to get your panties in a twist I actually enjoy the full dry throat and mouth it's helps you absorb more drugs :D

Does it have promethazine? Anticholinergics can cause dry mouth.

Never used opiates beyond post minor surgery so idk

Have you tried gum?

Is the codeine in combination with a 1st Gen Antihistamine? (promethazine, etc) Sometimes that can cause worse ACh inhibition type side effects over the codeine alone.

Nah, its Nurofen plus. 2oo mg ibuprofen and 12.5 mg codeine..

I would still think it's a side effect over anaphylaxis as a 100mg dose should be high enough to produce hives, throat swelling and generally severe symptoms. IME I've never noticed the xerostomic properties of opioids to be worse than cannabis or antihistamines but you might be more sensitive to this. Biotene might be of help if it's really irritating but I would imagine you can expect this with most all opioids.

I usually take way less then 1оо mg, like 5o to 6o mg. Funny thing tho, the time I took over 1oo mg, I was also quite drunk, and my throat was absolutely fine during the high and after. Its the only time I didnt feel my throat dry.. But I have these symрtoms like with 25 mg as well.. Also, it may aррear 2 or 3 hours after I take tabs.. It is esрecially noticable after a break from codeine,but if I take it the next day its not as bad... Idk what to think. I live near hosрital, if I have anaрhylaxis it will take me 5 minutes to run into ER, so Ill keeр experimenting.

Are you doing a cwe or do you just pop them raw? Wouldn't recommend mixing alcohol with ibuprofen(and its not the most enjoyable thing to have with codeine either imo). Other than that I agree with Jekyl, its pretty much the same as weed in that regard. Maybe try drinking more water throughout the day before you dose?

Are you doing a cwe or do you just pop them raw? Wouldn't recommend mixing alcohol with ibuprofen(and its not the most enjoyable thing to have with codeine either imo). Other than that I agree with Jekyl, its pretty much the same as weed in that regard. Maybe try drinking more water throughout the day before you dose?

How is it a bad thing to mix alcohol w ibuprophen other than fucking up your liver ?