• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Codeine addiction

Get a prescription or something then imo codeine is all or nothing you cant just take enough to stay well becaude you will still be more miserible than normal because your not high and no offense but thats not really fair on your kid either take enough to hold you for a few days, cut your tolerance down or just quit use your son to motivate you

Anyone got any advice on how to
Get a prescription or something then imo codeine is all or nothing you cant just take enough to stay well becaude you will still be more miserible than normal because your not high and no offense but thats not really fair on your kid either take enough to hold you for a few days, cut your tolerance down or just quit use your son to motivate you
Yeh mate that's the plan. I know it's unfair on my child. I'm going to quit. CT. Like you said withdrawal ain't that bad.

Any med recommendations for night sweats?

Well you cant say i need it to feed my addiction i can say that much, also dont bring it up on your first appointment idk if you suffer from backpain but thats what its mostly their for but you need to know your symptoms because if your unsure or the doctor feels something and you say or dont say ow it becomes more suspicious now say for example youve already tried paracetomal let him know that paracetomal and ibuprofen hardly work at all its difficult to tell if their working or not and if he does give you some cocodomal go with your insticnt with what to say next i wish you the best of luck feel free to pm me if you have any more questions persoanlly if i was you i wouod just try to sleep through the morning and the dose about twice your normal dose at 2 pm that way you will be high for the rest of the day especially if you combine ceritizine and codeine also i dont want to make your addiction worse but just throwing it out their poppy seed tea is quite popluar in the uk got morphine codeine and hundreds of other opiate thingys

Just dont for the love of god do any drug seeking behaviour but at the same time dont try to come across as anything your not just br yourself be honest(as possible)

Well you cant say i need it to feed my addiction i can say that much, also dont bring it up on your first appointment idk if you suffer from backpain but thats what its mostly their for but you need to know your symptoms because if your unsure or the doctor feels something and you say or dont say ow it becomes more suspicious now say for example youve already tried paracetomal let him know that paracetomal and ibuprofen hardly work at all its difficult to tell if their working or not and if he does give you some cocodomal go with your insticnt with what to say next i wish you the best of luck feel free to pm me if you have any more questions persoanlly if i was you i wouod just try to sleep through the morning and the dose about twice your normal dose at 2 pm that way you will be high for the rest of the day especially if you combine ceritizine and codeine also i dont want to make your addiction worse but just throwing it out their poppy seed tea is quite popluar in the uk got morphine codeine and hundreds of other opiate thingys
I wanna be clean of everything mate. CT a few days of shit and I'll enjoy the sunshine again. Just gotta get mentally prepared for tonight

Day 2 tapering.

Reduced dosage by 8 tablets, each 12.5 mg codeine.

Bought some nytol and antihistamine.

Felt WD during day today. Cold shivers was all.

So far so good. Any further advice appreciated. I'm a bit concerned about the valium too though. 20mg tonight. None left for 2mrw.

But I need to quit that shit as well.

Peace out

Ok mate but dont be to hard on yourself addiction is an illness after all
Day 2 tapering.

Reduced dosage by 8 tablets, each 12.5 mg codeine.

Bought some nytol and antihistamine.

Felt WD during day today. Cold shivers was all.

So far so good. Any further advice appreciated. I'm a bit concerned about the valium too though. 20mg tonight. None left for 2mrw.

But I need to quit that shit as well.

Peace out
no no no dont take nytol mate!!!!! It will make it worse and give you resless leg among other horrible things that is not the right antihistamine

Yeah avoid nytol etc. For sleep as they can make some shptoms worse.

Good call in getting off the opiate train now mate!

If possible, could you not just say you have flu/sickness/diarrhoea and take the valium on days 2,3 and 4, and go to bed with your families sympathy, watching Netflix and being brought noodle soup and the occasional paracetamol?

Otherwise you could just replace your codeine with loperimide (aka immodium - don't get brand name though, just get cheap bangain buy or poundshop shit, it's exactly the same thing except 5 times cheaper).

Start with 4-5 tablets, and this should clear up all or at least most of your symptoms in a couple of hours. If not, take a couple more.

Take one tablet less every day or every other day, and you should be golden with a codeine habit.

Hope it works out pal!

Before I got a.big habit, I found the loperimide to be easy peasy! Especially if you've got vallies!

Absolutely agree with the lope, imagine peripheral Hydromorphone, it’s on that level, and oddly you can and I have had a mood boost from it. Especially in a morn when you dread waking up in withdrawal, you wonder why it’s disappeared.

Doctors are tought to taper their patients at 10% of their dose each week. Say you take 100mg... You take that for a week and then move to 90mg for a week, and then 80mg, etc. etc. That might help. The only problem is that it can take awhile..

Kratom saved my ass from WD's more times than I can count. I'd give that a shot. I pretty much go through WD's without any problems (very very little). I start out at 5.5g's for the first 3-4 days (2-3x's a day) and then lower that dose each day as well (0.5g's - 1.0g each time).

If possible, could you not just say you have flu/sickness/diarrhoea and take the valium on days 2,3 and 4, and go to bed with your families sympathy, watching Netflix and being brought noodle soup and the occasional paracetamol?

Otherwise you could just replace your codeine with loperimide (aka immodium - don't get brand name though, just get cheap bangain buy or poundshop shit, it's exactly the same thing except 5 times cheaper).

Start with 4-5 tablets, and this should clear up all or at least most of your symptoms in a couple of hours. If not, take a couple more.

Take one tablet less every day or every other day, and you should be golden with a codeine habit.

Hope it works out pal!

Before I got a.big habit, I found the loperimide to be easy peasy! Especially if you've got vallies!
valium makes codeine look tame what you want is promethazine ceritizine( so you have a none drowsy option)and dxm

Ok mate but dont be to hard on yourself addiction is an illness after all

no no no dont take nytol mate!!!!! It will make it worse and give you resless leg among other horrible things that is not the right antihistamine
It's just to help me sleep. Not taking more than suggested dose.

Hope it works out pal!

Thanks

I slept well last night. No sweats, a bit shivery today though. I'll repeat the same codeine amount today. Tonight I'm out of valium.

I've got another antihistamine. Ceterizine?

But the nytol really works for me. Knocks me flat out

Absolutely agree with the lope, imagine peripheral Hydromorphone, it’s on that level, and oddly you can and I have had a mood boost from it. Especially in a morn when you dread waking up in withdrawal, you wonder why it’s disappeared.
Won't loperimide stop me shitting for ages?

Codeine is the weakest opiate out there, even after 5 years of use it should only take about a week for ur WD symptoms to diminish and the WD symptoms shouldn't be that bad. A weeks supply of Loperamide and a Benzo should get u through it relatively easily!

Codeine is the weakest opiate out there, even after 5 years of use it should only take about a week for ur WD symptoms to diminish and the WD symptoms shouldn't be that bad. A weeks supply of Loperamide and a Benzo should get u through it relatively easily!
Yeh man I know. I'm making a mountain outa a molehill. I need to just get on with it!

However, tbh, I've been on vals for a while now too so probably gonna withdraw a bit from that too