• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine Cocaine's use for introspective thinking and creative writing?

Status
Not open for further replies.

gingervitus

Bluelighter
I've never done cocaine, only time I ever tried to get it my girlfriend read the text my friend sent and then I was single. <3 Feel free to skip the next two paragraphs, they're just speed written background info..

But, recently (April-June and September to today) I've been given 60mg doses of Vyvanse (lisdextroamfetamine -> metabolizes into d-amp in stomach so no way to break time release like with Adderal) quiet regularly. It used to be every Monday, it became five days a week for a couple of months straight, and now it's about two or three times a week. And I love the shit out of it. It made me passionate about things I would never care about sober, it made me euphorically focused -- I found the most euphoric feels originally came when I would focus on a single assignment, book, school or personal home project (Vyvanse made me start a garden, get back into reading/writing, etc.) --, vyvanse made me confident when I was previously one of the most awkward people to talk to (I couldn't even have small talk, it just didn't work and I was too withheld to have any good conversations or discuss during class but now I can speak my opinion without irrational anxious delusions about people not like me, and it just made me come alive, become the extroverted person that I never could be with my old withdrawn introversion. I feel like it has made me assume these traits when I'm sober and even when I'm a week clean I'm in the happiest time of my life and completely real with myself and in love with nature. The thing I like best about it is the way it helps introspective thoughts and writing, which is what I am interested in experimenting with.

Today, I took my first recreational dose of Concerta (slow-releasing Ritalin/Methylphenidate, too tough to crush through simple methods). My first touch with Concerta was a single 36mg pill and it just knocked me out on my feet. Today, I tripled that dose (108mg) that got incredible focus which turned into restlessness (feeling like everything I did wasn't important enough, which happened every now and then with Vyvanse) but it lacked the slight euphoria that comes with Vyvanse which made the restlessness slightly worse -- the tiny euphoria of Vyvanse turned my focus into passion and interest --, worsened side effects (bruxism, fucked up speech, tangential thoughts, etc. all of which I experienced early on with Vyvanse but perhaps my tolerance -- physical or physiological -- has lessened these effects or made me not notice them), and very analytical as opposed to the emotional/abstract thoughts that Vyvanse helps me with which in turn has led me to begin enjoying literature and writing poetry for the first time in years. I'm not a huge fan of this aspect, lis-damp makes me think in French fluently and makes me think poetically, where as Concerta has made me extremely un-introverted, it's tough to think about deep emotional matters (inspiration for that South Park episode?).

My research (mostly done while speeding ;) ) has led me to understand that Methylphenidate is almost identical (but less potent) in pharmo-mechanics to cocaine, both of which are similar to amphetamine as far as the neurotransmitters/neurological systems they involve, thus d-amp and Methylphenidate both being used for treating ADHD. I'm very curious about cocaines use for writing and introspection, but after today's experience I'm also worried that it'll be too extroverting for what I want. Does anyone have any experience/opinions about cocaine's use for this sort of thing or it's relation to amphetamine?
Also, any other drugs that are useful for introspection? Weed has always been too heady to even read a full sentence in a book, yet alone have philosophical thoughts or write so I imagine that strong doses of psychedelics would be the same if not worse (I've only had mild doses, probably around 1/16 of shrooms twice.

My apologies for being so tangential, it was not meant to be this off topic but I thought I'd include it still rather delete it and have wasted the time.

Sounds more like trying to rationalize drug abuse.

Drugs are not the key to your creative voice.

edit: but yeah, cocaine has been used rather extensively by many famous writers.

Well for me, cocaine was useless for studying. I have ADHD, prescribed damp daily. While I found ritalin helped somewhat, cocaine is a completely different ballpark. Both drugs have this disgusting fiendish feeling to them, wanting more and more no matter what but cocaine is even worse. Every 40 minutes crushing up a line - listening to shitty music and being distracted by anything around you. Ritalin at least helped me concentrate. I think it's due to it also being a potent serotonin reputake inhibitor (to a larger degree) than ritalin and having a stupidly short half life. If you could manage to have a steady constant flow of cocaine, perhaps it would be helpful. I did write a little on it - to read it the next day, finding out it was complete and utter garbage.

^lol. Yeah, the problem writing on coke is you might create a good general idea or storyline but after a certain point it will become epically retarded.

It might be good for general ideas or tweaking an existing idea but probably like only 15 minutes of inspiration.

Speaking from experience, doing cocaine and writing resulted in me writing complete nonsense.

Writing under the influence of amphetamines was a completely different story.

I agree.
Not trying to promote methamphetamine use, but it would be far more functional for the purpose you are asking about.
(oral dosing only).

I agree.
Not trying to promote methamphetamine use, but it would be far more functional for the purpose you are asking about.
(oral dosing only).

This. Coke is a shit single layered party drug in comparison to meth which is a mysterious creature of unlimited layers to every experience. No, im not recommending anybody try it but this is my experience FYI. The creativity on meth is amazing but its always a battle to dose enough to bring out the creativity and focus but not to much where you become obsessive and take much longer then you need to and get side tracked with irrelevant info or write typical meth nonsense.

I am actually busy planning a written work based on a business concept that made sense sober and has been sanity checked by others. Something unique i would never have thought of normally. I am absolutely certain of meths creative abilities, but it has taken me a lot of time to figure out how to use it effectively.

For me the best dose for creative writing is what some would consider a high dose, say 0.1/0.2 or so. Smaller doses don't have the singled minded focus needed to make the most of it and you tend to be less interested and distracted by your surroundings on smaller doses. Please be safe and make sure you determine your own doses. The above is not a recommendation, just my experience.

I've never done cocaine, only time I ever tried to get it my girlfriend read the text my friend sent and then I was single. <3 Feel free to skip the next two paragraphs, they're just speed written background info..

But, recently (April-June and September to today) I've been given 60mg doses of Vyvanse (lisdextroamfetamine -> metabolizes into d-amp in stomach so no way to break time release like with Adderal) quiet regularly. It used to be every Monday, it became five days a week for a couple of months straight, and now it's about two or three times a week. And I love the shit out of it. It made me passionate about things I would never care about sober, it made me euphorically focused -- I found the most euphoric feels originally came when I would focus on a single assignment, book, school or personal home project (Vyvanse made me start a garden, get back into reading/writing, etc.) --, vyvanse made me confident when I was previously one of the most awkward people to talk to (I couldn't even have small talk, it just didn't work and I was too withheld to have any good conversations or discuss during class but now I can speak my opinion without irrational anxious delusions about people not like me, and it just made me come alive, become the extroverted person that I never could be with my old withdrawn introversion. I feel like it has made me assume these traits when I'm sober and even when I'm a week clean I'm in the happiest time of my life and completely real with myself and in love with nature. The thing I like best about it is the way it helps introspective thoughts and writing, which is what I am interested in experimenting with.

Today, I took my first recreational dose of Concerta (slow-releasing Ritalin/Methylphenidate, too tough to crush through simple methods). My first touch with Concerta was a single 36mg pill and it just knocked me out on my feet. Today, I tripled that dose (108mg) that got incredible focus which turned into restlessness (feeling like everything I did wasn't important enough, which happened every now and then with Vyvanse) but it lacked the slight euphoria that comes with Vyvanse which made the restlessness slightly worse -- the tiny euphoria of Vyvanse turned my focus into passion and interest --, worsened side effects (bruxism, fucked up speech, tangential thoughts, etc. all of which I experienced early on with Vyvanse but perhaps my tolerance -- physical or physiological -- has lessened these effects or made me not notice them), and very analytical as opposed to the emotional/abstract thoughts that Vyvanse helps me with which in turn has led me to begin enjoying literature and writing poetry for the first time in years. I'm not a huge fan of this aspect, lis-damp makes me think in French fluently and makes me think poetically, where as Concerta has made me extremely un-introverted, it's tough to think about deep emotional matters (inspiration for that South Park episode?).

My research (mostly done while speeding ;) ) has led me to understand that Methylphenidate is almost identical (but less potent) in pharmo-mechanics to cocaine, both of which are similar to amphetamine as far as the neurotransmitters/neurological systems they involve, thus d-amp and Methylphenidate both being used for treating ADHD. I'm very curious about cocaines use for writing and introspection, but after today's experience I'm also worried that it'll be too extroverting for what I want. Does anyone have any experience/opinions about cocaine's use for this sort of thing or it's relation to amphetamine?
Also, any other drugs that are useful for introspection? Weed has always been too heady to even read a full sentence in a book, yet alone have philosophical thoughts or write so I imagine that strong doses of psychedelics would be the same if not worse (I've only had mild doses, probably around 1/16 of shrooms twice.

My apologies for being so tangential, it was not meant to be this off topic but I thought I'd include it still rather delete it and have wasted the time.

Well one thing for sure is that cocaine would NOT be a good replacement for vyvanse because the high is very very short lived, where as dexamphetamine can last all day. Not to mention most cocaine you'd buy would be cut to shit and if you were using it daily for the ability to socialize and get your work done, you'd be spending A LOT of money. Try like 1500$ a month if not more. On top of that, cocaine can't be dosed effectively orally, so when snorted it causes the user to have a short lasting, sharp high (Think of a quick spike on a graph, like this---->/15-30minute high\, with the first dash representing the quick high), and quickly follows with a sharp low, representing by the second dash, with the sharp low generally leaving you actually below baseline. And the more often you use it, the less of a high you get, the more you need, the worse the comedowns get, the shorter the high etc etc.

And on top of all that, your cocaine is going to be cut with potentially very very dangerous substances like levamisole, along with crappy stims like caffeine, ephedrine, crumbled dry wall (You'd be surprised), crush Tylenol and pretty much any other white powder you can think of. And trust me, if you've had difficulty socializing before, just wait until you are chatting your head off on coke when you are suddenly hit with the most awful, dysphoric, panicky, anxiety-ridden comedown, with no where to quickly do another line.

Where as with Ritalin, which when used orally has a much mellower rise, and a much mellow decline, you know the exact dose you are taking because it is made flawlessly in labs where it has to meet standards, and the effectiveness of the drug lasts 4-5+ hours, so re-dosing is often not needed at all, or only 1 or 2 redoses would be necessary for the entire day.

Last edited:
Use amphetamines instead, i think on coke you'd rather do other things. It is not efficient at all either.

Use amphetamines instead, i think on coke you'd rather do other things. It is not efficient at all either.

Yeah with the duration of effect you can blast through 12 hours of writing without distraction, coke and having to redose could really mess with your process and distract you plus you cant dose enough of it safely or cheaply to get to the border or sanity and the abyss where you can make use of the obsessive analysis, insane logic/problem solving and the commentator guy in your head that reads out everything for you and you just need to write it down.
This is where the real insights and creative genius comes from, these days nothing unique is likely to come from thinking how we always do, you goto think like a nutter for a bit. Otherwize its just plain old you, but on drugs, doing the same thing expecting a different result. True insanity.

I read and wrote a 10 page report on a book called 'Less Than Zero' while on a heavy coke beige. The book was about Consumerism and lots of coke, and materialism. Wrote the best paper of my life, high on coke and whiskey.

Oliver Stone wrote Scarface during a huge coke binge...one of his last before quitting.

Point of fact, Adderral is actually the best aid for me in this specific context.

Status
Not open for further replies.