• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Cocaine vs. Methylphenidate Questions

takenbyRX

Greenlighter
Background:
1) SWIM has a Rx for methylphenidate (ritalin) 20mgs
2) SWIM lives in a city where cocaine is overpriced
3) SWIM has only had cocaine once from someone else but his source, and he thinks that his source is shit, but he has only one comparison
4) SWIM's friends don't like abusing RX's (hypothesis: thrill of illegality)

Plan:
SWIM wants to propose a challege to his friends. Have them sample an unmarked rail of said cocaine on one occasion, and have them sample an unmarked rail of Ritalin on another occasion.

Then SWIM will see which unmarked sample they prefer and stun them all when they choose the ritalin.

Now to the questions:

1) SWIM needs the the ritalin to be of comparable strength of buzz. What do you guys think is close (although I know there is no real equivalence).

2) Also, SWIM is thinking of putting a minor amount of powdered lidocaine in the ritalin so the two have the same numbing effects. Is this a good idea?

wow.. SWIM told me that this was hard to keep brief when he has a methylphenidate buzz going.

welcome to the site bro!
just as a heads up

"SWIM" isnt exactly keeping yourself hidden here. Not something we do
;)

I'm sure some will be able to tell the difference

Give it a try, report back

So anyone have experience with lidocaine? It is obviously okay in small amounts to have (if the dentist will load you up).

So anyone know an approx. methylphenidate mg's to sub-par cocaine ratio? 20mgs?

I'm afraid that 20mgs and a little lidocaine will be suspicious as the 'fake coke' because that's too much powder.. imo

Maybe I could get rid of some of the pill filler to get to pure methylphenidate (lactose, magnesium stearate, polyethylene glycol, sucrose, talc, and tragacanth). Any advice?

i have experience with lidocaine. i was asked to swallow it by a doctor in order to numb my throat. it didn't seem to have any noticeable or harmful effects other than numbing my throat, which of course was the intent.

personally coke makes me manic almost, and then depressed, but calm through the high
rits are like im loading my body with a chemical lining(i know....but you can feel this) and i often throw up, but im fucking high.

if coke were any decent way down here i might pick up a sack, instead id rather eat prescription vyvanse or dex or rits.....

1 major flaw I see in your plan OP :
Rx ritalin and it's generic equivalent(s) will always be of known purity, cocaine will almost never be. Therefore I dont see how you can conduct a fair and legitimate experiment as you dont have the right samples to begin with.

Last edited:
1 major flaw I see on your plan OP :
Rx ritalin and it's generic equivalent(s) will always be of known purity, cocaine will almost never be. Therefore I dont see how you can conduct a fair and legitimate experiment as you dont have the right samples to beign with.

What I am trying to prove is that a line of ritalin is equal or better than a line this town's crappy coke. No one believes me --probably because they get a rush of coke being 'illegal' (although giving them ritalin would be illegal). Well national average of pure cocaine HCl was around 56%. So if this town's is 'bad' I'd guess that might only be about 30-40% pure.

I still dont really see the point, who cares if your friends dont believe you, you know you're right.
Also, dont incriminate yourself by talking about giving people drugs.

Well... It really was SWIM as in the original post, the rest was a hypothetical "I" as suggested by first response.

oh yeah and Ritalin is schedule 2 along with cocaine...

I hate of when people don't know things like that... But whatever I didn't know that at some poinb lol.

so you basically wanna do this just to prove yourself right? or make your friends look stupid?

i think at least one of your friends is gonna realize that the 'ritalin coke' isnt really coke, unless they are really stupid, and if so, why would you bother wasting your time proving to idiots that they cant tell the difference?

^^dude, provide some quality response. SWIM says this shit is IMPORTANT, even moreso than the coke and pepsi challenge. we now have the ritalin with lidocaine v. cocaine hcl challenge!

^^dude, provide some quality response. SWIM says this shit is IMPORTANT, even moreso than the coke and pepsi challenge. we now have the ritalin with lidocaine v. cocaine hcl challenge!

ok sorry, let me focus, um, perhaps you should mix the coke with peanut butter and the ritalin with jelly, then at snack time feed them pnb sandwiches and gauge their high

What happens if you prove them wrong? I think you may see little result. A lot of the coke experience seems to be showing off or just getting off on hedonism. If methylphenidate feels better than cut coke, but your friends associate it with high schoolers, they could still opt for the big-boy cocaine.

If you don't believe me, go to 420chan.org /stim/ boards and see how many people call Adderall "kiddy meth" and tell others to "grow the fuck up and do some coke, faggot."

If they really feel that snorted ritalin is better than the coke they are getting, that must be some REALLY bad coke.